Conference Call

There are some right disingenuous comments on here trying to make out lower league clubs are upset by not getting pay days. I haven’t seen those comments from clubs what I see is a NEW set up using the positions from a league that has nothing to do with the new league. And to Bawrash your not a junior clubs anymore and what you did in the junior leagues will have nothing to do with the new league. Some Talbot and Pollok fans were (rightly) upset that accusations were being thrown about that the clubs had something to do with all this without any evidence. Well it goes the same for the lower league clubs are upset because of a loss of money.

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

There are some right disingenuous comments on here trying to make out lower league clubs are upset by not getting pay days. I haven’t seen those comments from clubs what I see is a NEW set up using the positions from a league that has nothing to do with the new league. And to Bawrash your not a junior clubs anymore and what you did in the junior leagues will have nothing to do with the new league. Some Talbot and Pollok fans were (rightly) upset that accusations were being thrown about that the clubs had something to do with all this without any evidence. Well it goes the same for the lower league clubs are upset because of a loss of money.

I dont understand the loss of money issue.  Wouldnt these lower division clubs be in the same position had the Junior league remained or indeed if the Juniors had been allowed to bring their four divisions across as they were. A lower level team would have still been a lower level in any of these scenarious.

46 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

It's not right.  I agree with you. Now there may be an issue with conferences not being acceptable to SFA but I can't see why there should be. All admin aspects for all parts of the pyramid should be handled centrally.  They're saying they dont have resources but they have to be resourced somewhere so centralise the resources from all pairts and that should resolve. 

Seems fairly obvious - even from posts on here - that some clubs are quite keen on a tier 6 Premier and conferences below. Doesnt take much of a leap to believe that they ( however many ) have discussed or shared that view with other clubs and others. Posters may have evidence of this - I only have a discussion ( from before the conversations started on here ) to go on so believe it did happen.  I haven't mentioned any names ( I think ) so will keep the source of info to myself. However the parties involved will know what happened.

It looks like we have to move on from here so i sincerely hope that a position is moved to quickly - including the question of promotion / relegation to SPFL2 and Lowland - plus how the post-20-21 West position will be. I agree that the set-up of WSFL may have to be flexible for season 1. 2 groups is done in Pro14 and works well ... 28 games seems reasonable - with 1 cup South Challenge and Junior Cup if it can be done with no interpretation. Get 1st season out way - get some fresh blood on management committee and move on. 

7 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

It's not right.  I agree with you. Now there may be an issue with conferences not being acceptable to SFA but I can't see why there should be. All admin aspects for all parts of the pyramid should be handled centrally.  They're saying they dont have resources but they have to be resourced somewhere so centralise the resources from all pairts and that should resolve. 

Seems fairly obvious - even from posts on here - that some clubs are quite keen on a tier 6 Premier and conferences below. Doesnt take much of a leap to believe that they ( however many ) have discussed or shared that view with other clubs and others. Posters may have evidence of this - I only have a discussion ( from before the conversations started on here ) to go on so believe it did happen.  I haven't mentioned any names ( I think ) so will keep the source of info to myself. However the parties involved will know what happened.

It looks like we have to move on from here so i sincerely hope that a position is moved to quickly - including the question of promotion / relegation to SPFL2 and Lowland - plus how the post-20-21 West position will be. I agree that the set-up of WSFL may have to be flexible for season 1. 2 groups is done in Pro14 and works well ... 28 games seems reasonable - with 1 cup South Challenge and Junior Cup if it can be done with no interpretation. Get 1st season out way - get some fresh blood on management committee and move on. 

I think that if the SPFL go for a three division (tier) reconstruction then such as the LL and HL move from tier 5 to tier 4 and the lower divisions all move up a tier, so many of these clubs may sit at tier 6 anyway even if they are below a WOS premier division.

Just now, honestman54 said:

I think that if the SPFL go for a three division (tier) reconstruction then such as the LL and HL move from tier 5 to tier 4 and the lower divisions all move up a tier, so many of these clubs may sit at tier 6 anyway even if they are below a WOS premier division.

Aye but it's not totally redressing what should've happened imho. We'll need to wait and see what happens. There may of course be promotion of Kelty and Brora to National leagues - meaning Lowland may need an additional team. I'd suggest ( although its probably been decided already ) just bumping Talbot up the way. Everyone wins from that scenario tbh

Aye but it's not totally redressing what should've happened imho. We'll need to wait and see what happens. There may of course be promotion of Kelty and Brora to National leagues - meaning Lowland may need an additional team. I'd suggest ( although its probably been decided already ) just bumping Talbot up the way. Everyone wins from that scenario tbh

Id agree that bumping Talbot up if they get the lights installed would probably (based on their success etc) be the best way to fill a space in the LL.

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Id agree that bumping Talbot up if they get the lights installed would probably (based on their success etc) be the best way to fill a space in the LL.

No, bumping up teams who are already in the pyramid and have earned that right would be the best way. Bo'ness as East of Scotland League champions would take that space.

6 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I thought the current plan would be promote Bo’ness and run with 17 teams for a season.  Should kelty get promoted I think they’d just run with 16 teams. 

Threave may also go up, as SOS League winners.