Sevco and their fans suffer humiliating dossier defeat

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Like I said, you could have top division teams fielding youths and part timers to scramble for pennies from streaming and SKY money. Sounds thrilling.

Totally agree. It's a very sore one for a lot of clubs;

Old Firm - huge gate receipts lost

Hearts - speak about picking the worst possible season to get relegated

Some teams might get lucky in some ways.

Will the Scottish Cup semis be held off until crowds are allowed? Seems an unfair extra cash boost for Hearts, Hibs, Celtic and Aberdeen?

How will Uefa cope with only starting in September? Could they chuck all the teams in to the group stages? What a boost for Celtic, Rangers, Motherwell and Aberdeen?

Will they can Europe for one season? What a blow for those four teams.

Can we change the format of either of the cups to generate some more income?

The actual business heads at the clubs will be getting everything together.

From an Aberdeen perspective we are bloody lucky we have the Americans in charge now. 

15 minutes ago, bennett said:

Scottish fitba fans had the chance to change that structure but couldn't be arsed too.

Pointless blaming Sevco for that one.

Correct - we can, and will, blame Aberdeen for that one though.

Stuart Milne's teary eyes made up for that a wee bit when St Mirren & Ross County ragdolled yon w'nky reconstruction effort.

20 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

No Sevco's stupidity has done that. Guy is still a cockwomble 

Vicky thinks by discrediting Cockwomble somehow strengthens sevcos position. When infact it just shows what an absolute shambles sevco are to be outsmarted by said Cockwomble. 

Edited by Bohemian

53 minutes ago, d31 said:

There is not a lot of tv games next season from Scottish Football so we have plenty to sell and there is definitely a market right now. Get all the deals done before anyone realises closed door football is dog shit

I agree there is a market for it, if it's a choice between no football and a pay on demand (boxing match)football match the fans will need there football fix.
If you got 50k watching at a tenner it's much more than any SKY or BT deal. 

42 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

I see Rangers want a ‘democracy not a dictatorship’. I trust they will be leading the charge for changing the 11-1 voting structure to 7-5?

I await their renewed stance on Scottish Independence.

I think it's safe to say that Scottish football is fucked for the foreseeable future. Playing behind closed doors is simply not possible financially for the majority of clubs unless they go down the amateur route (which may be a possibility) and we are a long way away from having crowds of any kind back at the grounds.

Financially I can't see anyway out of this other than mothballing the game (and the clubs) until this shitshow of a virus gets to f**k.

40 minutes ago, bennett said:

Scottish fitba fans had the chance to change that structure but couldn't be arsed too.

Nothing to do with the fans. It was the club board of directors who shat it. They all ignored what the fans wanted for their own agendas.

4 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:

I think it's safe to say that Scottish football is fucked for the foreseeable future. Playing behind closed doors is simply not possible financially for the majority of clubs unless they go down the amateur route (which may be a possibility) and we are a long way away from having crowds of any kind back at the grounds.

Financially I can't see anyway out of this other than mothballing the game (and the clubs) until this shitshow of a virus gets to f**k.

Even football behind closed doors is shite.. I was watching a Manc United game in Europe just before the lockdown and it was extremely underwhelming.  I know it's not my team but it was just shite.  Anyway just my thoughts, Carry on folks.. 

33 minutes ago, d31 said:

Totally agree. It's a very sore one for a lot of clubs;

Old Firm - huge gate receipts lost

Hearts - speak about picking the worst possible season to get relegated

Some teams might get lucky in some ways.

Will the Scottish Cup semis be held off until crowds are allowed? Seems an unfair extra cash boost for Hearts, Hibs, Celtic and Aberdeen?

How will Uefa cope with only starting in September? Could they chuck all the teams in to the group stages? What a boost for Celtic, Rangers, Motherwell and Aberdeen?

Will they can Europe for one season? What a blow for those four teams.

Can we change the format of either of the cups to generate some more income?

The actual business heads at the clubs will be getting everything together.

From an Aberdeen perspective we are bloody lucky we have the Americans in charge now. 

I hope they handle looking after us a lot better than they've handled Covid-19.

11 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Kindly name those teams? My utterly infallible friend at Narey's Toepoker (whom I don't know and have never even conversed with) reckons:

Aberdeen - 24 (17)
Celtic - 36 (26)
Hamilton Academical - 15 (12)
Heart of Midlothian - 26 (18)
Hibernian - 23 (18)
Kilmarnock - 10 (7)
Livingston - 22 (21)
Motherwell - 14 (9)
Rangers - 31 (23)
Ross County - 15 (13)
St. Johnstone - 13 (11)
St. Mirren - 13 (10)

Where the first number are players with first team experience (bracketed number are those over 21) that are still under contract for next season.

So assuming these figures are correct (and I can't think of a single time over the past almost decade this blog has been going where he's been incorrect), the likes of Kilmarnock, St. Mirren etc, would surely be able to agree 1 or 2 month extensions to their players contracts where necessary. This would still allow them to move on for next season. Everyone's different, but I'd imagine most players will go for it.

Keep fantasizing because it ain't going to happen.

19 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I agree there is a market for it, if it's a choice between no football and a pay on demand (boxing match)football match the fans will need there football fix.
If you got 50k watching at a tenner it's much more than any SKY or BT deal. 

50k paying to specifically watch a Scottish football game 😅

16 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:

Yes, I think next season doesn't look possible at the moment. 

18 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:

Everything in normal life is in this situation.

Businesses large and small and the population generally are just having to ride out this catastrophe as best they can. 

Public health is the main issue. Everything else comes after that is secured.

While it passes the time as a distraction and can be amusing banter, speculation of what will happen fitba wise  only time will tell how everything will pan out..

Rangers* bizarre behavior in this climate of uncertainty is even more outrageous than usual. 

23 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

50k paying to specifically watch a Scottish football game 😅

Yes, I think next season doesn't look possible at the moment. 

I'd expect Aberdeen would be looking at around 20k viewers every game depending on timing and interest in the game. How many away and neutrals?

I can definitely see the 50k estimate is high for some bottom six matches

1 minute ago, d31 said:

I'd expect Aberdeen would be looking at around 20k viewers every game depending on timing and interest in the game. How many away and neutrals?

Are you serious?

8 minutes ago, d31 said:

I'd expect Aberdeen would be looking at around 20k viewers every game depending on timing and interest in the game.

Are they playing Real Madrid sometime in the summer?

32 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The viewing figures are more than that with fans in the ground.

What?

12 minutes ago, d31 said:

Please tell me you're at it.