Sevco and their fans suffer humiliating dossier defeat

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The viewing figures for games in Scotland were between 80K -120K with fans in the grounds.

Prove it.

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The viewing figures for games in Scotland were between 80K -120K with fans in the grounds.
I'm sure they could get 50K without fans in the grounds at a tenner a game.

That's what I thought you meant.

Total and utter shit.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

He's got a point though, for years Doncaster has been ridiculed but a clever piece of spin (monorail) has made him Scottish football's favourite son.

This is bollocks though. Just because Doncaster is an arse doesn't mean that he's always on the wrong side of an argument. In this case, Rangers, and a few pals in the media, have made absolute fools of themselves to such an extent that they've made even Doncaster look reasonable. That says nothing about Doncaster and everything about Rangers.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

50k paying to specifically watch a Scottish football game 😅

I thought it was a bit optimistic myself.

ETA: Maybe not.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Update

I think 10k low and 20k high is definitely realistic for streams for an Aberdeen home match where Aberdeen have complete control over the streaming rights. 

I'd put the stream value between 6.99 and 9.99 giving £70k-£200k income high/low range depending on opponent and ko time. 

Add in some advertising through the stream to top up further.

I think that's very conservative download and price estimates.

12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

That's folk with an existing package that is also used to watch many other games and sports.

There is no way 50k folk will pay £10, each time, just for a single Scottish football game.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

That's folk with an existing package that is also used to watch many other games and sports.

There is no way 50k folk will pay £10, each time, just for a single Scottish football game.

Some scottish football nutters would watch a lot of content if ko times were staggered. That would help pick up some neutrals.

50k is unrealistic for matches without rangers/celtic

3 minutes ago, d31 said:

Some scottish football nutters would watch a lot of content if ko times were staggered. That would help pick up some neutrals.

50k is unrealistic for matches without rangers/celtic

Yes, and I probably would.

But the numbers wouldn't even be close to make it viable.

The SPFL rebuttal suggests Douglas Park made a serious, defamatory allegation, coupled with a threat, hence the four cease and desists. It'll be fun if this hits a courtroom and Old Douglas Park has to explain he was channelling the dregs of FollowFollow...

EXfhj8YXQAY5wAq?format=jpg&name=large

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Scottish football is going to be on it's knees without fans, something needs to happen to kickstart the game here.