Sevco and their fans suffer humiliating dossier defeat

48 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

"Douglas Park was nasty and made Neil cry"

Well, there's no disputing that but Hamilton haven't played there for twenty-five years so what has that to do with anything?

3 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

What on Earth did Douglas Park say that the SPFL board considered actionable? That they were taking orders from the Pope? I’m kidding, but...was that actually it?

Incredible that The Rangers have made themselves seem more incompetent than the SPFL, and actually made people feel sorry for Cockwomble & co. Imagine being on that board, having to make decisions primarily in the best interests of Celtgers, and still having them so spectacularly throw the toys oot the pram.

Rangers fans - please, please encourage the spiv who kickstarts the next club to buy some poor b*****ds in the North-East of England, like Blyth Spartans, and redirect the supporters buses further south. It’s the only way you’re getting out of here, and this level of seethe isn’t healthy.

Blyth? Fucking Cape Town is too close.

2 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Blyth? Fucking Cape Town is too close.

Blyth are always the side that spring to mind when discussing Rangers consuming an English side to fast-track their way into their pyramid. I think they're the club furthest north that could be affordably subsumed, while giving a reasonable pay-off in terms of advancement.

Nothing against poor old Blyth, but f**k it; we've had to put up with them for this long. It's like the central conceit of The Ring, where

Spoiler

people have to show someone else the killer videotape in order to save themselves.

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

PJ,

Bearing on mind that Hearts (perhaps Mrs Budge) have attached themselves to Rangers' coat tails on this issue, are you happy with the contents of the dossier and the tone of it's delivery ?

Is it as "explosive" as you would have hoped / anticipated ?

Just asking, genuine questions, no irony or dig intended.

It's not a question of attaching ourselves to Rangers coat tails. I think the clubs penalised by what looks like a rushed, misleading and shambolic vote feel  that it was snidely steered towards calling the leagues at 29/30 matches with no proper consideration given to the alternatives of null and void or playing the fixtures 6-12 months down the line if necessary. And the attaching of the money release to a yes vote and Rangers complaint of being blocked on an alternative smells to me. The fact that Rangers seem to be the ones prepared to make the most noise, presumably for 9IAR reasons, is neither here nor there. Except that they do arouse knee jerk opposition from a big chunk of society - no matter what they say. (I seriously hope none of the posters on here are in any way involved in our courts system - because anyone with any "previous" would be found guilty, no matter what!). But if Partick or Falkirk or Hearts or Stranraer  had been making the same noises, it might not have triggered so much opposition, but it would have been much easier to ignore altogether.

Would a dossier by me look like the Rangers one? Not much. But the substance of some of the complaints would probably be the same. I didn't expect it to be "explosive" - if it was, it would have been straight to law without any demand for resignations or investigations.  An open and transparent process which clearly had the other options considered, but ended up with the current proposal being chosen as the least bad option would have been disappointing but understandable.

9 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

or playing the fixtures 6-12 months down the line if necessary.

Fucking hell.

8 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

No apology given to Ross MacArthur yet for lies and hearsay thrown his way?

I read that as ‘heresy’.  Thought they were even having a go at him about his beliefs!

15 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

It's not a question of attaching ourselves to Rangers coat tails. I think the clubs penalised by what looks like a rushed, misleading and shambolic vote feel  that it was snidely steered towards calling the leagues at 29/30 matches with no proper consideration given to the alternatives of null and void or playing the fixtures 6-12 months down the line if necessary. And the attaching of the money release to a yes vote and Rangers complaint of being blocked on an alternative smells to me. The fact that Rangers seem to be the ones prepared to make the most noise, presumably for 9IAR reasons, is neither here nor there. Except that they do arouse knee jerk opposition from a big chunk of society - no matter what they say. (I seriously hope none of the posters on here are in any way involved in our courts system - because anyone with any "previous" would be found guilty, no matter what!). But if Partick or Falkirk or Hearts or Stranraer  had been making the same noises, it might not have triggered so much opposition, but it would have been much easier to ignore altogether.

Would a dossier by me look like the Rangers one? Not much. But the substance of some of the complaints would probably be the same. I didn't expect it to be "explosive" - if it was, it would have been straight to law without any demand for resignations or investigations.  An open and transparent process which clearly had the other options considered, but ended up with the current proposal being chosen as the least bad option would have been disappointing but understandable.

Cheers.

I appreciate your candid response. 

4 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Imagine being on that board, having to make decisions primarily in the best interests of Celtgers, and still having them so spectacularly throw the toys oot the pram.

Yip, every single fucking decision is to appease those two, from season start dates, to fixtures, splits and everything else in between - it's those two first and then the rest, indeed I hardly think the rest are considered half the time.

What I will say though, and feel free to correct me if my old age is blurring reality, it used to be just Celtic moaning like f'ck, Rangers for the most part were 'happy', but f'ck me this latest incarnation are making up for it now - 'Rangers' have overtaken Celtic at being Celtic.

They'll be supporting a different national side next.

32 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Blyth are always the side that spring to mind when discussing Rangers consuming an English side to fast-track their way into their pyramid. I think they're the club furthest north that could be affordably subsumed, while giving a reasonable pay-off in terms of advancement.

Nothing against poor old Blyth, but f**k it; we've had to put up with them for this long. It's like the central conceit of The Ring, where

Reveal hidden contents

people have to show someone else the killer videotape in order to save themselves.

Roger Mitchell was tweeting the other day (6th May) about a connection with Workington.