Who are the 6 teams

5 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Makes a change from trying to get Stranraer kicked out of the league. Although I suppose things do change when you’re desperately trying to deflect from another failed title challenge.

Diddy patter, eh?  SameCo when it suits them.

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Diddy patter, eh?  SameCo when it suits them.

Ah the good old diddy patter creeping it’s way in completely out of context. That can only mean one thing.

An advocate of fewer Clubs suggesting reconstructing the leagues  to contain more Clubs in the short term to brazenly save her own Club from relegation is the Diddiest of Diddery.

As a supporter of having a bigger league, I’m actually not arsed about this outcome at all.

The whole thing had become a circus thanks to Ann Budge not trying to hide the fact it was just a mission to save Hearts. No reconstruction talks should ever be based around trying to save a team.

I was up for a 14 team league at first, my thinking being it could possibly be fairer than relegating teams who weren’t down yet. But as I say, reconstruction talks shouldn’t be based about trying to save teams. And while I feel the virus situation had thrown up a unique opportunity to take a step back and look at the options for improving the league structure, it’s been totally fucked by Budge being a cretin. A 14 team league is a terrible idea anyway - I hate the split so why would I want a bigger league that still has a split?

The whole episode can get in the bin and Hearts can get down.

4 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Ross County, Kilmarnock, St Mirren and Hibs

Accies and Motherwell both on the board and probably open to discussion from what has been said by Gray and Burrows. Livi were most pro-reconstruction along with Hearts.

Gordon Scott was on the board for reconstruction as well. The prospect of reconstruction is fine but the falling down part was always going to be the distribution of prize money. If it hits clubs in the pocket, especially in the current circumstances, then it's not going to get off the ground. 

It's always the same in Scottish football. Fans, owners, board members outwith the top league will bleat and whinge about how the top league is a closed shop full of self-preservationist idealists etc, etc, yadda yadda. 

And yet when they get to the top table, they'll be the first ones voting to save their own skin, protect their own balances and f**k the lower leagues. Funny that! 

Screenshot_20200509-020616_Chrome.thumb.jpg.951c93f9bd801530c1cde0cd6dbeb985.jpg
42232504_tenor(26).gif.4b7fa5ab8a9dcb720f9217bc1fbcf0ac.gif

I’m imagining it like the ‘For the Watch’ scene from Game Of Thrones with all the clubs lining up one after another to stick the knife into Hearts as they slowly die.

If someone much more adept than me could edit that scene to replace John Snow’s head with Ann Budge, and all the other chairmen as the guys doing the stabbing that would be great.

20 minutes ago, dezz said:

I’m imagining it like the ‘For the Watch’ scene from Game Of Thrones with all the clubs lining up one after another to stick the knife into Hearts as they slowly die.

If someone much more adept than me could edit that scene to replace John Snow’s head with Ann Budge, and all the other chairmen as the guys doing the stabbing that would be great.

@Mon Dieu is the boy, if he still posts on here.

8 hours ago, lowland star said:

In the league constitution thread a 120

Pages long fans offered there thoughts good and bad about changing the league setup .

But in 2 hours on Friday 6 teams ( maybe more ) blew all that away for there own good .

My opinion the six teams will be

Aberdeen

Celtic

Hibs

Hamilton

Motherwell

St mirren or Dundee Utd

A really sad day for scottish football

Their own good? It fucking works, the current system works. My own team have been shite and in the seaside leagues, be better and you can be like us and climb the leagues, win trophies and have European away days.

Why do people have us as a definite no because, for some reason to 'do over' Hearts? As a club that has yo-yo'ed far more than any of us fans would like, a bigger league would benefit us far more than keeping with the status quo.

Perhaps the proposals, which nobody has seen, were tilted to such a degree that no consensus was possible. If that's the case then the ire really should fall upon the person leading those proposals.

ANyone who thinks H

Just now, Ric said:

As a club that has yo-yo'ed far more than any of us fans would like,

You've spent 40% of the time since mid 70s reconstruction outside the top flight, most yo-yos come straight back up.

And any Hearts fans who thinks they wouldn't have voted for the status quo if St Mirren, Hamilton or Ross County were bottom is deluding themselves.

I can only pray and hope that Hibs were last on the video call to say NO, hopefully they used a Britains got talent style big red buzzer.

You can bet your boots The big **** stabbed the wee **** in the back.

15 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

You've spent 40% of the time since mid 70s reconstruction outside the top flight, most yo-yos come straight back up.

Spoken by someone who has not seen their club in the 2nd tier. Very very few clubs bounce back the next year. Sure it's possible, but the huge impact of relegation and the incredibly tight nature of that league - albeit loosened a little with the playoff - extends the yo-yo period. All this does is add weight to the reason why we would vote for a reconstructed league.

As for your other point. I completely agree. It's already been pointed out that Budge said nothing about reconstruction during her term, and in fact argued that there were too many teams in Scotland.

Edited by Ric

17 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

You're right.  A true yo-yo club should have spent 50% of their time outside the top flight.

9 hours ago, lowland star said:

Pages long fans offered there thoughts good and bad about changing the league setup .
But in 2 hours on Friday 6 teams ( maybe more ) blew all that away for there own good .
Aberdeen
Celtic
Hibs
Hamilton
Motherwell
St mirren or Dundee Utd

The League 2 clubs would only endorse one reconstruction model although some of those clubs were against reconstruction. Far more than 'the six' did not want change and those that did could not agree on a format. We move on.

You can also add Hearts to that list. They did not want long-term reconstruction but a 1 year fix to save their arse.

Edited by NorthBank

8 hours ago, lowland star said:

Aberdeen

Celtic

Hibs

Hamilton

Motherwell

St mirren or Dundee Utd

What does this actually mean?