Scottish Football Blooper Reel

4 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

This game took place during the top league winter break so my son and I were at it and standing just behind the goal. 

The video doesn’t do justice to the complete comedy value of it all. The initial header from the Alloa player was terrible, it looked easier to score and from then on Morton try their best to help Alloa. 

"Alexa, summarise Morton FC..."

Since the OP says referee meltdowns then player meltdowns should feature too.

https://www.clydefc.co.uk/media/video/44/

2:35 for a complete heads gone by Andy McLaren. He got given 3 red cards in the one game, the one you see, one for raising his arm at another Clyde player on his way off and one for booting a hole in the referees changing room door :lol: Pretty sure that outburst signalled the end of his Dundee career too.

Edited by C. Muir

Some of the worst defending you'll see.

- 00.35 sees Peter Enkleman nearly give away a goal.

- 01.35 for some comedy Chris Smith keeping

- 02.17 for a sign of things to come from Jason Thomson

- 02.53 for clown car defending 

- 03.26 and Jason Thomson caps off a fine afternoon's work

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/16334662

In terms of refereeing howlers, one that sticks out, perhaps because it is still relatively recent, is Madden inexplicably deciding to disallow this goal and book Shinnie for simulation instead after he was cleaned out in the box. Thankfully it didn't affect the outcome of the game, but it remains one of the most bamboozling decisions I have seen in my time watching Aberdeen. 

Guest JTS98
On 16/05/2020 at 08:43, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

I've never been able to find a clip of it, but there was one a few years back where Snodgrass hits an absolute pea-roller of a shot from miles out for Livi against Rangers, with Ronald Waterreus responding by calmly 'shepherding' it out of play only for the ball to trundle into the bottom corner. 

Simon Brown in goal for Hibs once shepherded a tame Lee Miller header out for a goal in an Edinburgh derby.

For those of a certain vintage, Steve Ritchie’s consolations goal for Aberdeen in the ill-fated 1978 cup final.
An absolute screamer he later claimed “I meant to do that!”

14 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

Here is us kicking the shite out of Dunfermline and being down to 8 men by half time. Fun stuff.

Who is the Peterhead number 9 who keeps being massively upset at the Dunfermline players for being victims of assault?