The Dundee United Thread 22/23

The banter has been all good and well but in all seriousness there is an article on the BBC website that states Goodwin has spoken to Ogren for several hours and  is convinced Ogren is determined to put things right.  Just letting you all know in case anyone is interested in reading it.

11 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

The banter has been all good and well but in all seriousness there is an article on the BBC website that states Goodwin has spoken to Ogren for several hours and  is convinced Ogren is determined to put things right.  Just letting you all know in case anyone is interested in reading it.

Ogren has to "put it right" because if he doesn't he'll lose the most if not all of the £13Million he's farted into the DUFC black hole.

To be honest, the fact he was stupid enough to trust an agent to run a club with his own money means he should be locked up in a psychiatric ward and have his money looked after by a responsible adult imo.

I'm not sold on Goodwin, I like the cut of his jib at times but seems to be all it is. Sure, he didn't have a transfer window yadda yadda but I still think there was enough in that squad to stay up. You can't have a keeper and defence like we did and not have problems but the whole team were a complete disorganised mess most of the time. 

Basically it's not really his fault but he probably should have kept us up with the squad he had. 

I am not sure if I actually care all that much anymore.

23 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Ogren has to "put it right" because if he doesn't he'll lose the most if not all of the £13Million he's farted into the DUFC black hole.

To be honest, the fact he was stupid enough to trust an agent to run a club with his own money means he should be locked up in a psychiatric ward and have his money looked after by a responsible adult imo.

I'm not sold on Goodwin, I like the cut of his jib at times but seems to be all it is. Sure, he didn't have a transfer window yadda yadda but I still think there was enough in that squad to stay up. You can't have a keeper and defence like we did and not have problems but the whole team were a complete disorganised mess most of the time. 

Basically it's not really his fault but he probably should have kept us up with the squad he had. 

I am not sure if I actually care all that much anymore.

I’m not going to make a habit of this but I agree with you regarding Goodwin.  I assume you still consider United have a reasonable chance of bouncing back up to the Premiership?  So the question perhaps should be if you don’t sign him up what Premiership club will be looking to bring him in?  I honestly don’t think there would be one.  

58 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I’m not going to make a habit of this but I agree with you regarding Goodwin.  I assume you still consider United have a reasonable chance of bouncing back up to the Premiership?  So the question perhaps should be if you don’t sign him up what Premiership club will be looking to bring him in?  I honestly don’t think there would be one.  

Couldnt care less who he goes to or what he does after United. If he's given the job by Ogren then I'll give him one game after his first transfer window to say he needs punted.

I don't see any Premiership team touching him with a bargepole and rightly so. He'll need to drop a level or two to rebuild his reputation after a disaster of a season for him.

Ultimately most managers are shite ex players who talk the talk and have media pals to cheerlead for them when needed so it's a total lottery.

Most United fans I know want Levein back in some form. I suspect its because he was the most competent manager in years and it was of one of our most successful eras. Could he replicate that? Probably not. Would he be better than Goodwin and the inevitable Pressley and McCann types that get thrown around? In my eyes, definitely but it's not a high bar. And still a gamble. Director of Footbal may be his most suitable role now.

I'd probably wait and see who the applicants are for the job and if there's nothing better (I'd be surprised if there wasn't now the Fat One has gone) then I'd settle for Goodwin but on a 1 year deal.

In terms of bouncing back up I really dont know. You need teams with as much if not more dig and determination than skill and flair, something our current squad is fucking devoid of, so we're not set up for that fight. 

I expect Levitt to be sold for the first disappointing bid. Probably to Hearts...I like Fletcher but I can't see him wanting to stay for a season in the Fundesliga. I'd hold on to Sibbald as he's the only player that seems to want to put a tackle in and work hard every game. The rest could f**k off and I probably wouldn't even notice really. Maybe Middleton would be useful if he's fit enough to last a game.

I'd like to see some mentally tougher players brought in at the very least and I want all links with Revolution Sports and their 5 year plan stuff in the fucking sea. Do that and I think k we'll be OK.

f**k off United. 

23 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

That's called the 'sunk cost fallacy' and if Ogren is even slightly less thick than his decision-making has shown so far, he might just recognise it and cut you off for good. 

5 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Come awa’ lads

IMG_3839.jpeg

Incredible 😂 We'll just ignore the fact we had to rebuild the defence after he was sacked as there was no chance we were finishing 3rd, or even top 6 for that matter with Stewart "captaining" the team.

Edited by NorthernLights

20 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Come awa’ lads

IMG_3839.jpeg

Thats some spin. 

Very surprised at this. He had one job, to keep United up, and has failed, so thought that would be it for him.

United fans can now look forward to having a ridiculously unbalanced squad, very inconsistent recruitment as he signs the odd gem along with some absolute dross, and an unwillingness to change formation or tactics. 

Pleased for Jim Goodwin on a personal level. Two year deal? Surely to goodness you’ll have enough about you to come back up from that division at first time of asking. That’s year one, then if promotion is achieved, he gets ‘year two’ to keep you up. Surely, in the name of anything good, Dundee United can come back in one go.

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Pleased for Jim Goodwin on a personal level. Two year deal? Surely to goodness you’ll have enough about you to come back up from that division at first time of asking. That’s year one, then if promotion is achieved, he gets ‘year two’ to keep you up. Surely, in the name of anything good, Dundee United can come back in one go.

A lot of fans said that last time they were relegated but United made the Championship their home for 4 seasons.  As of next season their last 10 seasons will have been equally divided between the Premiership and the Championship.