The Dundee United Thread 22/23

13 hours ago, Ylf said:

IMG_1607105082.524953.jpg dabs be dabs

Genuinely don’t know if that’s an old team photo or a Dundee fans photoshop skills, but if it’s from the past couple of weeks then that is stupidity on a whole new level. Even St. Mirren didn’t give the SPFL photographic evidence. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

There's a statement out explaining that players came into contact with the medical staff who were tested positive in the HPC.

I have no idea if its spin from the club or if that photo is a fake but I hope everyone involved stays healthy. As said before, its bound to happen at some point but hopefully its not been caused something stupid like that unnecessary group photo. 

I know one thing at least, not one single person on this forum will be able to pick an accurate team for the game. I did read Shanks and Benji are clear somewhere so taking that into account I'm going for

Benji

??  Connolly ??     ??

McMullan King Powers ??

Shankland ??

4-0 United.

40 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Will Scotland get fined for their conga round the dinner table...or the U21 breach..double standards me thinks..

Firstly not condoning United at all, as that photo is a stupid thing to do, but you're right about the national team. 

Scottishfootball protocol is (assume it cover national as well as club sides) states that they can be unmasked and within 2metres during matches and training but at ALL other times players must wear masks and socially distance from others. 

That was put.out.on official national team social media and ALL thought it good and fun, but is a breach. The Under 21 incident is one of the things St. Mirren were done for.

Having said that I'll reiterate that the team photo was unnecessary and a stupid thing to do in current situation.

Biggest question regarding the United squad photo is - why?

Why, given the current scrutiny did they feel it appropriate to arrange a squad photo of any kind?

Why, given the lack of a need for a photo like this did they even think it was a thing that should be done? Of what use, to literally anyone, is a squad photo in this current situation, socially distanced or not?

I know that there is a fair bit of whataboutary, and there are hundreds of examples of in-game, and post-game images that could be used as evidence to dismiss the impact of a photo like this, but it’s a fairly moronic thing to do and surely someone must have considered the media optics and general bad PR that a photo like this brings?

I work in a building where social distancing rules are in place but that there are occasions where those rules need to be adapted from time to time. If someone suggested a whole staff photo though? They’d be ridiculed and rightly so.

Anyway, looking forward to our U16s take on Livingston today.

2 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

There's a statement out explaining that players came into contact with the medical staff who were tested positive in the HPC.

I have no idea if its spin from the club or if that photo is a fake but I hope everyone involved stays healthy. As said before, its bound to happen at some point but hopefully its not been caused something stupid like that unnecessary group photo. 

I know one thing at least, not one single person on this forum will be able to pick an accurate team for the game. I did read Shanks and Benji are clear somewhere so taking that into account I'm going for

Benji

??  Connolly ??     ??

McMullan King Powers ??

Shankland ??

4-0 United.

If the photo was a fake the club would have said so by now.  The level of stupidity is off the charts.

I hope the club simply own up and admit how senseless it was, no excuses, no attempt at justification.

2 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Biggest question regarding the United squad photo is - why?

Why, given the current scrutiny did they feel it appropriate to arrange a squad photo of any kind?

Why, given the lack of a need for a photo like this did they even think it was a thing that should be done? Of what use, to literally anyone, is a squad photo in this current situation, socially distanced or not?

I know that there is a fair bit of whataboutary, and there are hundreds of examples of in-game, and post-game images that could be used as evidence to dismiss the impact of a photo like this, but it’s a fairly moronic thing to do and surely someone must have considered the media optics and general bad PR that a photo like this brings?

I work in a building where social distancing rules are in place but that there are occasions where those rules need to be adapted from time to time. If someone suggested a whole staff photo though? They’d be ridiculed and rightly so.

Anyway, looking forward to our U16s take on Livingston today.

Still got your boots?

Edited by Granny Danger