The Dundee United Thread 22/23

36 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I work in a building where social distancing rules are in place but that there are occasions where those rules need to be adapted from time to time. If someone suggested a whole staff photo though? They’d be ridiculed and rightly so.

Well, aye. We all know the players won't be socially distancing from one another behind the scenes, but you don't take a bloody photo to prove it!

About 40 people in that photo. Did not one of them go... "haud on a minute"?

Celtic did a video photo shoot of their team on November 17th go look it on their website..or Celtic view front page dated November 19th everyone took a calendar photo for Xmas sale in shop..Leitch is were you should be looking at..or the Courier..

Edited by Matchstick

20 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Celtic did a video photo shoot of their team on November 17th go look it on their website..or Celtic view front page dated November 19th everyone took a calendar photo for Xmas sale in shop..Leitch is were you should be looking at..or the Courier..

Fuck off. 

Any word on the 9 according to tek they have a predicted team up but unsure on Benji, Reynolds and King (he's still at united)?

Starting XI Siegrist, Edwards, Connolly, Reynolds, L Smith, Powers, Harkes, Fuchs, Sporle, Shankland & McNulty

Subs Mehmet, Neilson, Appere, Caves, Duffy, Watson, K Smith, *King & Hutchison

*remove King and add Malcolm they were not far off

Edited by GFARAB82

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

Biggest question regarding the United squad photo is - why?

Why, given the current scrutiny did they feel it appropriate to arrange a squad photo of any kind?

Why, given the lack of a need for a photo like this did they even think it was a thing that should be done? Of what use, to literally anyone, is a squad photo in this current situation, socially distanced or not?

I know that there is a fair bit of whataboutary, and there are hundreds of examples of in-game, and post-game images that could be used as evidence to dismiss the impact of a photo like this, but it’s a fairly moronic thing to do and surely someone must have considered the media optics and general bad PR that a photo like this brings?

I work in a building where social distancing rules are in place but that there are occasions where those rules need to be adapted from time to time. If someone suggested a whole staff photo though? They’d be ridiculed and rightly so.

Anyway, looking forward to our U16s take on Livingston today.

I’m imagining all the Dundee United players and staff travelling to Tannadice in separate cars and taxis, getting Covid tests done, sitting 2m apart in the canteen, observing social distancing...then the photographer shouts through ‘right guys everyone together for the team photo’. 

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

Biggest question regarding the United squad photo is - why?

Why, given the current scrutiny did they feel it appropriate to arrange a squad photo of any kind?

Why, given the lack of a need for a photo like this did they even think it was a thing that should be done? Of what use, to literally anyone, is a squad photo in this current situation, socially distanced or not?

I know that there is a fair bit of whataboutary, and there are hundreds of examples of in-game, and post-game images that could be used as evidence to dismiss the impact of a photo like this, but it’s a fairly moronic thing to do and surely someone must have considered the media optics and general bad PR that a photo like this brings?

Anyway, looking forward to our U16s take on Livingston today.

Agree with all of this - utterly moronic.

Whoever signed off on it should be looking for a new job during their self-isolation

Possibly quite a few teams have had squad and staff group photographs taken. Football people aren't famed for thinking about consequences of actions off the park, or often on the park.

A bigger club than United gave away a giant poster of their 2020-21 squad with their magazine last month. If we are docked points, I'd expect the same to happen to them.

Given that (at the moment) the first team doesn’t seem to be too badly affected and (as long as the virus doesn’t spread further in coming days) it looks as though we should be able to fulfil our fixtures, will we escape punishment despite the idiocy of the photograph? Certainly couldn’t take points off us surely? 

Edited by Junior_Arab

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Agree with all of this - utterly moronic.

Whoever signed off on it should be looking for a new job during their self-isolation

The buck would have to stop with Mellon and he’s not going to get the boot for it.  Should have his arse kicked though.*

* metaphorically.

5 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

Given that (at the moment) the first team doesn’t seem to be too badly affected and (as long as the virus doesn’t spread further in coming days) it looks as though we should be able to fulfil our fixtures, will we escape punishment despite the idiocy of the photograph? Certainly couldn’t take points off us surely? 

That’s some jump to be blaming the photographer for the photo. Surely the blame would lie with whatever staff member is responsible for organising a team photo, merchandise, media team etc. I doubt that the photographer deals with that, he will just turn up and take the picture. 

3 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

That’s some jump to be blaming the photographer for the photo. Surely the blame would lie with whatever staff member is responsible for organising a team photo, merchandise, media team etc. I doubt that the photographer deals with that, he will just turn up and take the picture. 

Idiocy of the PHOTOGRAPH. As in the entire decision and process to take it. Not the PHOTOGRAPHER! 

Christ on a bike! 🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by Junior_Arab