The Dundee United Thread 22/23

2 hours ago, big al said:

Good players around him? 

I think @Mr. Alli Is a big McDaid fan but he strikes me as a player who has 3 good games a season and lives off of that. To be fair, McMullan has about 5 good games a season so might be an improvement.

McDaid did play like prime Ribery in Ayr's 5-0 win at Tannadice though.

As for Stanton, he was okay but nothing special. I enjoyed his goal against Dunfermline in the playoffs.

19 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

A sad day for the dreamers who think we could "bring home" a player on $35,000 per week.

Maybe one day.

Fair play to the boy - done well for himsel!

Kinda mad to think that Goodwillie was a level above him at a similar age but is now playing for Clyde.

7 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:
Great news.

Hopefully he fulfils his potential and United reap the benefits in a few years.

The only time I've seen him play was in the Sheff Utd friendly, but he really stood out in that game.

You wouldn't expect a centre back that's just turned 16 to be anywhere near the first team so it says a lot that he might be in the squad for Sunday.

Kerr Smith could be the best of the bunch. United have a lot of promising young players, most won't make it in the fullness of time.

The club strategy appears to be reliant on getting through this season in 10th or above, then progressively blooding these young players into the first team squad. A risky policy, but one that I'd indulge rather than the club trying to find diamond within the rough, Thomas Robert excluded.

One detail which shoots this theory down: Connolly was given a contract until 2023.

Edited by Dundee Hibernian

11 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

The club strategy appears to be reliant on getting through this season in 10th or above, then progressively blooding these young players into the first team squad. A risky policy, but one that I'd indulge rather than the club trying to find diamond within the rough, Thomas Robert excluded.

What is this about Thomas Robert?