The Dundee United Thread 22/23

I think Courts could do a lot worse than show the squad constant replays of this game in order to show two things; the random things that can happen if you actually cross and shoot and to explain to the rest of the squad why Sporle has ended up being used for urgent supplies of Corned Beef.

Edited by Alert Mongoose

Rather than having any semblance of excitement when we get the ball going forward, I now find myself constantly wondering whether we will hoof it to no-one, or just pass it straight to the opposition rather than create any sort of a shooting opportunity.

Pish. Shite. Fucking pointless

8 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Rather than having any semblance of excitement when we get the ball going forward, I now find myself constantly wondering whether we will hoof it to no-one, or just pass it straight to the opposition rather than create any sort of a shooting opportunity.

Pish. Shite. Fucking pointless

We have plenty disappointment across the road, we can lend you some if you like?

I feel like im repeating myself but Mark Mcnulty and Nicky Clark should never play for the club again. Complete imposters. Id rather have two young lads play til the end of the season instead of these two. Someone put their fuckin pitiful goal tallys up on another thread but when the effort also goes, they are a waste of a jersey. Get them both to f**k as soon as possible. Also, if Courts continues to play them after that tonight, he can get to f**k as well

Why has Meekison not been getting a look in? Looks a player. Nah we’ll play a right back in midfield. Declan Glass kicking his heels at Killie too. Nae idea what’s going on.

Can’t be fucked talking about the strikers again. Can only hope the coaching staff have identified replacements for next season. Someone who’s not a fucking hologram would be good.

May can’t come quick enough.

I quite enjoyed that tonight, notwithstanding the complete absence of any attacking threat. Defence coped well, midfield competed. Celtic clearly have much better players but we could have snatched a defeat in extra time or even on penalties but for three rather unfortunate goals. Clark and McNulty again utterly anonymous. Be nice if Tam had the bottle to go with Meekison and Thomson on Saturday. We're solid enough at the back but utterly devoid of threat up front. The young guys cannot offer less than the current lot.

And I'd be releasing Adrian now. Give him plenty of time to find a new occupation in the summer.

Just had a look. 

In 1995 when we got relegated we scored 40 goals in 36 games.

In 2016 when we got relegated we scored 45 goals in 38 games.

Last season we scored 32 goals in 38 games.

We are currently sitting on 26 goals in 30 games.

While I doubt we will get relegated I cannot see where another 7 goals are going to come from to  beat last season's tally let alone 20 goals...I will say it again, 20 goals in the 8 games left to beat the tally for the season we were last relegated.

I am starting to get the fear about next season already.

12 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

Just had a look. 

In 1995 when we got relegated we scored 40 goals in 36 games.

In 2016 when we got relegated we scored 45 goals in 38 games.

Last season we scored 32 goals in 38 games.

We are currently sitting on 26 goals in 30 games.

While I doubt we will get relegated I cannot see where another 7 goals are going to come from to  beat last season's tally let alone 20 goals...I will say it again, 20 goals in the 8 games left to beat the tally for the season we were last relegated.

I am starting to get the fear about next season already.

Do the goals against now. When we got relegated in 2016, it wasn't because we couldn't score.

Sporle has dissappeared, has shown a few moments of decent ability but that cameo tonight was disgraceful. 

Strikers can gtf. We all know a 3 year deal for McNulty is coming in summer though. 

Get the young lads in midfield. Meekison looks more than able and needs the senior games to develop. Mochrie too should be getting on for Harkes at the end of games. 

Get the two young strikers Mcleod and Miller up front. 

Graham having a string of games in defence and earning Scotland call ups shows they've got it. Time to chuck them in. 

Butcher Edwards Graham

Smith                    McMann

Levitt     Meekison   

Harkes 

Miller       McLeod 

Obviously Freeman can replace Smith when needed and there's a couple of the other younger lads able to come in that are out on loan atm like Deco etc. 

Just fucking go for it. I think we're fairly safe from relegation and will probably end up 7th or by some luck 6th so get them on the pitch and give them game time ffs Tam. 

Edited by ArabianKnight