The Dundee United Thread 22/23

13 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

What's the likelihood of Pawlett coming out on loan this season?  When fit would he get game time with you lads?

Do you think Logan or Archie might be loaned out?

1. If fully fit he'll have a part to play i think.

2. Logan yes, Archie id hope will play for us more than Harkes this season. 

5 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

1. If fully fit he'll have a part to play i think.

2. Logan yes, Archie id hope will play for us more than Harkes this season. 

Interesting to see what happens with Pawlett this year and if he gets an extension next year. Given his link to Aberdeen I thought he might be a player who ends up with us, hopefully not too late in his career.

Either Logan or Archie would make a big difference for Cove. Hoping if either come out on loan we're in the running. 

12 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I don't dislike the guy but the re-signing of Harkes is a definite outlier this window. All the rest look a level above. Presumably that deal was done just to get another body in the door in case the more coveted signings didn't come off.

Yup. For all the moaning this has been a pretty damn good transfer window*

I still think we need a more physical presence in midfield. Sibbald and Levitt are the duo holding the positions at the minute, but remove one of those and you're looking to bring in Smith/Mulgrew to cover which ain't fantastic.

A Gogic/McDonald/Butcher type.

*Presuming the players live up to their on-paper creds.

His Wiki page has been, aah, amended already:

Jamie Terence McGrath (born 30 September 1996) is an Irish professional footballer who plays for Dundee United, on loan from EFL League One club Wigan Athletic and the Republic of Ireland national football team. He has previously played for St Mirren, Dundalk and St Patrick's Athletic.the big shegger will wear number 18 FTD

Swap Smith for Freeman and I'd love to see that line up. Pretty big change from last season and the doldrums of the championship. 

Need cover for midfield and another centre back who isn't left footed (Mulgrew, Graham, McMann all able to play there). 

Screenshot_20220803_135521.jpg

2 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

He better not think he is getting in front of Clark for penalty duty.

What are Clark's stats? I don't think McGrath missed a penalty for us. While he might have blown hot and cold in terms of midfield play, he certainly made up for it by being utterly clinical from 12 yards.

Spoiler

..unless this is a joke and Clark is rotten, in which case consider me "whooshed" .. ;)

Edited by Ric

24 minutes ago, Ric said:

What are Clark's stats? I don't think McGrath missed a penalty for us. While he might have blown hot and cold in terms of midfield play, he certainly made up for it by being utterly clinical from 13 yards.

Hide contents

..unless this is a joke and Clark is rotten, in which case consider me "whooshed" .. ;)

He must be utterly unstoppable if they made him take penalties from further back than anyone else has to.