The Dundee United Thread 22/23

5 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Yup, maybe MB works hard and tries his best but he has found himself at a level he's nowhere near good enough for unfortunately. Not sure if he had a freak standout season or something last year, but his old team's fans seemed gutted he left so who knows. 

The most amazing thing is that somehow he's still apparently the best keeper at the club. An absolute horror show of mismanagement to end up in this situation.

Won Ozzie league keeper of the season 2 years in a row, Christ knows how. 
Not sure what his level is but I don’t want him as our keeper next season even if it is in the championship. 

Watched the "highlights" there.

The game was against The Rangers away so I never expected anything positive but I feel that we're beyond fucked now.

Playoffs if we're lucky enough to find a field of four leaf clovers surrounded by horse shoes covered in white Heather.

The result at Rugby Park yesterday has killed us off, and I've now accepted that that's us down. There's zero prospect of us getting a result like that - in fact I'm now beginning to think it's be a surprise if we win a game again this season.

There's a multitude of reasons for why we are where we are, but the principal one is the players are pish. 

2 hours ago, Steven W said:

The result at Rugby Park yesterday has killed us off, and I've now accepted that that's us down. There's zero prospect of us getting a result like that - in fact I'm now beginning to think it's be a surprise if we win a game again this season.

There's a multitude of reasons for why we are where we are, but the principal one is the players are pish. 

The principal reason is the wildly unqualified and inexperienced charlatan who brought all these poor players, terrible managers and coaches etc to the club was punted far too late. No manager would turn this round.

44 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

The principal reason is the wildly unqualified and inexperienced charlatan who brought all these poor players, terrible managers and coaches etc to the club was punted far too late. No manager would turn this round.

A well intentioned but clueless owner who thought there was money to be made in Scottish Premiership football should be credited with an assist.

ETA so far Goodwin has done all he could imo.

Edited by Granny Danger

1 minute ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I do enjoy sitting in that dilapidated firetrap of a stand tbf

Yeah! A true character of Scottish football. 

But I am sure there is a hand-wash bucket in the stand somewhere nowadays. 

Edited by Highlandmagar

I fancy Dundee United to beat Hibs next weekend. That was an absolute must win for us yesterday as I don't see us picking up more than one point before the split.

Still a long way to go.

Edited by Estragon

3 hours ago, Estragon said:

I fancy Dundee United to beat Hibs next weekend. That was an absolute must win for us yesterday as I don't see us picking up more than one point before the split.

Still a long way to go.

No chance we're outscoring anyone never mind a team with Kevin Nisbett in it. 

We've got Crododile Fundee in goal remember.

8 hours ago, Steven W said:

Your win against Hibs next Sunday may change your mind.