George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

See the loyalist/unionist/seethco bigots are running about scaring folk because they were goaded by pigeons or something.
They are such arseholes, imaging seeing the clowns on display yesterday and saying I fancy a bit of that.
Sadly I can well imagine some of them doing exactly that.

I've 'twisted' absolutely nothing champ - your initial contribution as quoted above makes absolutely zero distinction between BLM and far right protests in its desperation to condemn anyone who doesn't conform to what you consider to be a legitimate cause. It was 100% pure bred both sidesism and the fact that you've been forced to hastily row back from it under scrutiny is really not my problem.

Where did i say in any post i didn’t think BLM was a legitimate cause? Its essentially one of the most important things going on in our generation, yet again you absolutely dont get what i’ve said at all and that last post was nothing but a further attempt to cement your twisting, especially the outright lie implying I didnt think it was a worthy cause. Im rowing back nothing , I think the violent protest and rioting from anyone over these past two weekends is disgraceful and doesnt win anyone over to any cause.

Slightly off topic but there was a very good article by Barney Ronay in yesterdays Guardian in which he highlighted the woke words of FIFA with the dismal reality of the 2022 World Cup stadia in Quatar having been built using the Kafala practice of bonded labour.

Never mind ancient statues, this is what it is happening in the here and now, something we might want to consider when we watch a game from our Dubai hotel room. It would be fascinating if a notable player - Raheem Sterling ? - was to say, you know what, f**k this for a game of sojers. Aye, dream on.

28 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Where did i say in any post i didn’t think BLM was a legitimate cause? Its essentially one of the most important things going on in our generation, yet again you absolutely dont get what i’ve said at all and that last post was nothing but a further attempt to cement your twisting, especially the outright lie implying I didnt think it was a worthy cause.

Try reading what I posted more carefully. I actually wrote that you wanted

to condemn anyone who doesn't conform to what you consider to be a legitimate cause

which you did, by claiming that certain BLM activists were in fact 'extremists' who were only 'attaching' themselves to the movement and 'were more interested in violence' than the cause itself.  You'd like a diverse coalition like BLM to meet your standards of respectability at all times - mebbe through some nice wee letters to the editor or a petition sent to Downing Street - but as soon as some of them don't conform to that you declare that they're not true representatives of their cause at all. They are though whether you approve of their tactics or not. In the same way that the militant suffragettes who blew up post boxes and politicians' houses before the First World War were part of the same women's suffrage movement as their 'respectable' colleagues who lobbied politicians and the newspaper barons to support their cause.

Not that this does anything to save your initial characterisation of yesterday's events as a 'an argument or battle between extremists' on both sides, which isn't even close to what actually happened..

Im rowing back nothing , I think the violent protest and rioting from anyone over these past two weekends is disgraceful and doesnt win anyone over to any cause.

Once again I'm sure that BLM activists are devastated to not have the unconditional seal of approval from some centrist white guy in Scotland.

Edited by vikingTON