George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

What is it about George Square that always seems to attract the dregs of society? Far right Loyalists, Harry Clarke...

When I was in Glasgow last October, some mad woman had parked up a van there and was ranting about Paedo's or something over loudspeakers.

25 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I possibly respect the "both sides are as bad as each other!" cowards even less than the mutants waddling about in cargo shorts. There is a right and a wrong in this. Stop apologising for these fuckwit racists.

Very much in agreement with this. When Nazis were marching on the streets of America and President Cuntface was calling them "very fine people", the right-wing media was busy feeding the "both sides are as bad as each other!" myth. Until then I had thought that being anti-fascist was the default position for...well, pretty much everyone but rarely a day has gone by since that I haven't seen the "Anti-fascists are just as bad" or "So much for the tolerant left" lines. If you opposed Nazis in 1939, you were a hero. If you oppose them in 2020, you're intolerant and "just as bad as them.". 

Neither the Conservatives in Britain or the Republicans in America will accept any responsibility for the shit-storm they've created - they don't have it in them. But I for one will NOT sit back and let those vermin try and claim "the left" are the cause of the problems.

Except that you just categorised its supporters that you disapprove of as 'extremists... who seem less interested in a cause and more in just being violent'. So when you're gatekeeping who gets to be part of the legitimate BLM movement you can safely drop the charade that you fully support it as well.

So you jump on my comment and twist what I said because youre too keen to get your next Ainsley Harriot gif up. I at no time said that the BLM movement was ‘as bad’ as those on fascist side, but made an innocuous remark about there being a subset of c***s on that side and you’ve somehow turned it into me imposing myself as some kind of membership vetter for their group. In my view if you turn up at a protest and attach yourself to a cause and use violence in an attempt to further your cause then that makes you a c**t, to me that represents a small minority of one side of this argument and makes up the overwhelming majority of people on another side of this argument. Thats reflected by the fact that there was only 2 arrests at BLM in Glasgow last week and several in George Square today.
I believe in equality for all people regardless of race, religion, gender or any other characteristic like that.

2 hours ago, marty_j said:

Hopefully a few lifted in coming days

Like this c**t

https://mobile.twitter.com/MunroeBergdorf/status/1271940253927067648

Another moron who really needed put on his arse. My point was that I heavily doubt the guy who’s pishing on the Keith Palmer memorial has gone up to it thinking “Ah the memorial of a police officer who was killed fending off a terrorist, what better way to show how right wing I am by urinating right here” he’s probably doing it coz he’s tanked up on lager and the public toilets are closed.

13 minutes ago, throbber said:

Another moron who really needed put on his arse. My point was that I heavily doubt the guy who’s pishing on the Keith Palmer memorial has gone up to it thinking “Ah the memorial of a police officer who was killed fending off a terrorist, what better way to show how right wing I am by urinating right here” he’s probably doing it coz he’s tanked up on lager and the public toilets are closed.

Maybe so, but hoping the picture goes viral and is endlessly re-posted when people bring up these fuckwits protecting the memorials and statues.

I'm wondering whether to vandalise the Burns statue in Aye due to him helping manage a slave plantation in the West Indies.
Or maybe campaign against modern day slavery in Africa and the Middle East instead.

The Burns statue will be a target for some of these fuckwits.

14 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They're older than the statues.

And the closest they've been to fighting for their country was reading Commando comics.

Edited by welshbairn

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yep! This. Theres c***s on every side of every argument. No one wins in an argument or battle between extremists.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So you jump on my comment and twist what I said because youre too keen to get your next Ainsley Harriot gif up. I at no time said that the BLM movement was ‘as bad’ as those on fascist side, but made an innocuous remark about there being a subset of c***s on that side and you’ve somehow turned it into me imposing myself as some kind of membership vetter for their group. In my view if you turn up at a protest and attach yourself to a cause and use violence in an attempt to further your cause then that makes you a c**t, to me that represents a small minority of one side of this argument and makes up the overwhelming majority of people on another side of this argument.

I've 'twisted' absolutely nothing champ - your initial contribution as quoted above makes absolutely zero distinction between BLM and far right protests in its desperation to condemn anyone who doesn't conform to what you consider to be a legitimate cause. It was 100% pure bred both sidesism and the fact that you've been forced to hastily row back from it under scrutiny is really not my problem.