George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

18 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54007884

Another black death attributable to the police.

Saw that on C4 news, nothing like the other killings. Was raging naked in the street and resisting so they put a special bag on his head to stop him spitting at them, 2 minutes later he was unconscious so they rushed him to hospital.

20 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Saw that on C4 news, nothing like the other killings. Was raging naked in the street and resisting so they put a special bag on his head to stop him spitting at them, 2 minutes later he was unconscious so they rushed him to hospital.

He also told the Police he had Corinavirus seemingly

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

So it looks like the police (in one of their many guises) executed the guy who shot the right winger in Portland. 

The guy apparently did an interview with Vice about it but didn't think to see a lawyer or leave the country. Americans are mental.

Absolutely no idea what this is about. Any links?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/04/man-linked-to-death-of-far-right-protester-in-portland-shot-deadby-us-marshals-reports

So the guy shoots a militia idiot then goes home. A week later he does an interview with Vice where he says he shoot the guy in self defence. The next day the US Marshals and FBI roll up at his house and shoot him 40 times. 

Edited by Detournement

That's some tired old schtick, Ali G was doing that 25 years ago. 

SBC said that he based that character almost entirely on Tim Westwood yet he still got stick for being racially provocative!
My (black) partner used to describe people who looked as white as i do as black to which i would reply with “ you need your eyes tested “ untill she explained that( especially in America)they describe anyone with a black ancestor, even if it was one great great grandparent , as black. Which kind of opens the door for white wanabees to kid on to belong without anyone questioning them

1 minute ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

SBC said that he based that character almost entirely on Tim Westwood yet he still got stick for being racially provocative!
My (black) partner used to describe people who looked as white as i do as black to which i would reply with “ you need your eyes tested “ untill she explained that( especially in America)they describe anyone with a black ancestor, even if it was one great great grandparent , as black. Which kind of opens the door for white wanabees to kid on to belong without anyone questioning them

I never knew that (the bit about the big dog) but it's not a huge surprise. 

Kind of shows the futility of classifying people by race. 

Nothing dodgy about this at all. 

One of the replies mentions the Nova Scotia shooting, that is some crazy shit.

Is the inference that this guy was an informant and was killed to stop him revealing he had been let loose with guns or that he was a plant, put in there to do something like this?

I never knew that (the bit about the big dog) but it's not a huge surprise. 
Kind of shows the futility of classifying people by race. 

It certainly does, but it’s not like the celtic supporter = irish like we have here. It came from the good ole days in the south when overt racial discrimination & segregation were the order of the day, just incase they weren’t bigoted enough many states had “ one drop “ rules ie one drop of black blood meant you were black. Didn’t matter if you were blond hair, blue eyes and had 7 out of 8 great grandparents who were white, you were still going to the back of the bus. Yes this really happened

4 hours ago, Detournement said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/04/man-linked-to-death-of-far-right-protester-in-portland-shot-deadby-us-marshals-reports

So the guy shoots a militia idiot then goes home. A week later he does an interview with Vice where he says he shoot the guy in self defence. The next day the US Marshals and FBI roll up at his house and shoot him 40 times. 

Police shoot armed nutter who openly admitted shooting people in the street.  Can't see the problem.

6 hours ago, Detournement said:

So it looks like the police (in one of their many guises) executed the guy who shot the right winger in Portland. 

The guy apparently did an interview with Vice about it but didn't think to see a lawyer or leave the country. Americans are mental.

"lots of lawyers suggest that I shouldn’t even be saying anything,"

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

One of the replies mentions the Nova Scotia shooting, that is some crazy shit.

Is the inference that this guy was an informant and was killed to stop him revealing he had been let loose with guns or that he was a plant, put in there to do something like this?

I think they are implying he is an informant. 

He was arrested in June and July with illegal guns as well as other charges on top of that. Both times he walked free despite DHS troops snatching other protestors off the street for a lot less.

Confessing to Vice rather than getting a lawyer is also extremely odd.