Fixtures 2020/21

They've also decided fixtures depending on where in the league they are. So the sides going into the split who are 6th/7th are often the ones shafted/given an extra home game. Because that's the thing, every club that gets an additional away game is mirrored by one in the other half of the league getting an extra home one.

The uneven fixtures don't actually happen that often (roughly once every two seasons on average), and are typically given to the clubs who finish outside where they were "seeded" to finish since they are the ones who have, for the lack of a better phrase, messed up the fixture list.

3 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

So am I right in thinking that if Sky are showing your game then you can’t watch it if you have bought a season ticket?

I am pretty sure that United have said that Season Ticket holders can watch all home games via the club channel, even if the game is  being shown on Sky.

13 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

So am I right in thinking that if Sky are showing your game then you can’t watch it if you have bought a season ticket?

Several clubs have advertised their season ticket as covering ALL games, whether or not they are televised.

No, you can watch them via your club TV. But those games won't be available on a ppv basis for the clubs doing that I think. Which makes sense. Sky aren't going to let themselves be undercut by clubs with the games they're showing.

3 hours ago, Golden Gordon said:

Leslie Deans predictably saying that SPFL should have published two sets of fixture lists. One for Hearts, another for United. 

If he turns the page over to the blank side that is the Hearts fixtures

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Didn't you?

I've said plenty on the relevant thread in the Championship forum. 

Your bigoted view on the glasga two clouds your judgement,with your quest for fairness and financial parity I'm sure you posted the same for the jags in a sporting context and a financial one.
Keep up the good fight in this capitalist world for equality it's definitely better than, if you can't beat them join them attitude. 

45 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Your bigoted view on the glasga two clouds your judgement,with your quest for fairness and financial parity I'm sure you posted the same for the jags in a sporting context and a financial one.
Keep up the good fight in this capitalist world for equality it's definitely better than, if you can't beat them join them attitude. 

Erm...  Ok.

Thanks.  

Obviously, I've no idea what the Hell you're on about, but do keep it up if it pleases you.

What annoys me about the Celtic-Rangers game being Oct 17th is that it will take away all the focus on the rest of the leagues starting that weekend. It could be an ideal time to promote the Championship and below, but Old Firm chat will dominate that weekend.

IF, and that's of course a very big IF, fans are allowed in to games by then, even at 25 or 50% capacity, it would be a great opportunity for all none Premiership teams to try and attract people who haven't been before/for years and are desperate to get to a game. Celtic v Rangers will get in the way of that possibility as most casual observer's eyes will be on that.

What annoys me about the Celtic-Rangers game being Oct 17th is that it will take away all the focus on the rest of the leagues starting that weekend. It could be an ideal time to promote the Championship and below, but Old Firm chat will dominate that weekend.

IF, and that's of course a very big IF, fans are allowed in to games by then, even at 25 or 50% capacity, it would be a great opportunity for all none Premiership teams to try and attract people who haven't been before/for years and are desperate to get to a game. Celtic v Rangers will get in the way of that possibility as most casual observer's eyes will be on that.
Wouldn't matter when our first game against the govan franchise was scheduled people would still be in here in tears.

5 hours ago, kingjoey said:

As one of the fans of the entitled, you will never, ever understand.

I understand that you are utterly raging at the date of a fixture not involving your club, said fixture and date of it will have zero effect on your club.

In the meantime the broadcaster who has, by all accounts deferred a potential refund on lost fixtures last season possibly having a say in when the fixture which, like it or not is the most watched and biggest draw for viewers and subsequent advertising and sponsors, so that the maximum crowd possible can be in which, would add to the spectacle and showcase our game/product in a positive light, this all completely grated your nipple end as, you just want as many people as possible to NOT be able to attend the match out of petty spite.

I certainly understand that.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Hold on, we still talking about an OF game here?

It's the most high profile fixture and one which usually has the most hype about it and, until one club spat the dummy out after getting constantly humped and ruined it for each set of away fans, was the one with the loudest, most raucous atmosphere. 

It's also the fixture that, given the fact both clubs tend to make up the top two will have the most riding on it so, conversely will have the biggest viewing figures so, will attract most interest, TV subscriptions and sponsorship. 

So yeah, to answer your question...

8 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

It's the most high profile fixture and one which usually has the most hype about it and, until one club spat the dummy out after getting constantly humped and ruined it for each set of away fans, was the one with the loudest, most raucous atmosphere. 

It's also the fixture that, given the fact both clubs tend to make up the top two will have the most riding on it so, conversely will have the biggest viewing figures so, will attract most interest, TV subscriptions and sponsorship. 

Don't get your knickers in a twist, just a wee joke.

I suppose it attracts interest the same way some people watch Love Island or the like.

17 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

But celtic fans tell us that there isn't an old firm anymore.....

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Don't get your knickers in a twist, just a wee joke.

I suppose it attracts interest the same way some people watch Love Island or the like.

While we all know some of the songs are sung are a bit questionable and the standard of play can often not be the silkiest, the very nature of the fixture can make even the most level headed person lose the plot, conversely it is very rarely dull and usually worth watching. 

I think many outwith Scotland, even those who snear at our game in general often cast aside those sentiments to watch a match that has an historical aura and appeal to it, even if said appeal can often be of the car crash variety. 

I'm not going to remotely pretend it's 100% for the right reasons but, like it or not it's our highest profile and flagship fixture in Scotland so, conversely it makes sense to a play it at a time when crowds can be maximized in the stadium. 

Just now, bennett said:

But celtic fans tell us that there isn't an old firm anymore.....

You'll be able to embolden the part where I said 'Old Firm' of course...

Even by your standards that's incredibly moronic...

To quote the Governor in National Lampoon's  classic 'Animal House'

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son."