Fixtures 2020/21

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

They know that the Old Firm games will get a big audience whenever they show it, so doubling that up with the opening game, which will already get a boost in viewing figures no matter who is playing, would be a waste.

Could it not be that the OF would rather get an away fixture v Hamilton or St Mirren postponed  than a derby if they get a  mega bucks pre season friendly offered somewhere on that date?

Guest DAVIDB69

In the unlikely scenario rangers turned round the leverkusen tie , would they they be expected to stay in Germany and have about three games postponed, none of the other remaining countries in Europe will be on new seasons.

Or would they be travelling back and forwards

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Could it not be that the OF would rather get an away fixture v Hamilton or St Mirren postponed  than a derby if they get a  mega bucks pre season friendly offered somewhere on that date?

Clubs aren't allowed to have games postponed any more.

Not looked through the thread to see if someone else discussed this but when do we realistically think we'll be allowed back along to watch games?

Thankfully the spread of Covid in Scotland seems reasonably subdued right now! Gagging for a Saturday fitbaw back. Even if I'm not allowed near anyone else 😂

Not looked through the thread to see if someone else discussed this but when do we realistically think we'll be allowed back along to watch games?
Thankfully the spread of Covid in Scotland seems reasonably subdued right now! Gagging for a Saturday fitbaw back. Even if I'm not allowed near anyone else [emoji23]
An extremely optimistic view would be end of September. That would be reliant on pretty much eliminating the virus over the next 6 weeks or so.

In the unlikely scenario rangers turned round the leverkusen tie , would they they be expected to stay in Germany and have about three games postponed, none of the other remaining countries in Europe will be on new seasons.

Or would they be travelling back and forwards

They will be travelling back....end of.

12 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Thankfully the spread of Covid in Scotland seems reasonably subdued right now! Gagging for a Saturday fitbaw back. Even if I'm not allowed near anyone else 😂

Apparently the Scottish Government is pretty hell bent on being the first UK country to be "Covid free", so dont surprised if they flat out refuse to allow fans into games until that happens, whenever that'll be.

Considering there were Scots travelling to England a few days ago, and this weekend has been filled with folk having house parties, it wont seem to be anytime soon.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Apparently the Scottish Government is pretty hell bent on being the first UK country to be "Covid free", so dont surprised if they flat out refuse to allow fans into games until that happens, whenever that'll be.

Considering there were Scots travelling to England a few days ago, and this weekend has been filled with folk having house parties, it wont seem to be anytime soon.

Aye, football fans outside is a no no but pissed people inside a pub is fine. I guess they're just "following the science" 😂

On 25/06/2020 at 13:02, RandomGuy. said:

I've seen a tweet claiming we're starting away to Tannadice, then an old boy who I know doesnt use Twitter said the exact same to me a few days later, and started arguing with me when I said the fixtures hadnt come out.

Turns out the old boy is ITK as f**k.

1 minute ago, Twinkle said:

6pm kick off on a tues night vs Hibs for us? Bizarre kick off time for a midweek fixture

Is that close to the beginning of the season?

If the first few fixtures are behind closed doors I can understand a 6oclock kick off midweek as it's happened plenty of times in Englands top 2 leagues since they restarted. Quite a weird one if there's going to be fans though.