Fixtures 2020/21

Not a bad opener for us, Livi at home, but then both sides of the OF within 4 days. Be interesting to see whether it'll be an advantage this won't be in front of full crowds.

Edited by Ric

1 minute ago, Frank Grimes said:

Game 11 the first bigot fest 

5DDE19D9-86A8-402B-8C6E-9891DC3ED499.gif

Utterly pathetic. The random fixture computer has held the Celtic/Rangers title decider until the latest possible date in the hope that the stadium will have fans in by then. We were told it could be any time between the second and eleventh fixture, but everybody knew it would be the eleventh, so why the pretence.

Is that close to the beginning of the season?
If the first few fixtures are behind closed doors I can understand a 6oclock kick off midweek as it's happened plenty of times in Englands top 2 leagues since they restarted. Quite a weird one if there's going to be fans though.
Yeah third fixture in

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Hardly a surprise that the broadcaster who have already bent over backwards to do us a favour might now want an actual atmosphere at their big ticket fixture, is it?

"bent over backwards"

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Utterly pathetic. The random fixture computer has held the Celtic/Rangers title decider until the latest possible date in the hope that the stadium will have fans in by then. We were told it could be any time between the second and eleventh fixture, but everybody knew it would be the eleventh, so why the pretence.

And that's boiling your piss why exactly?

I'm not sure it's worth the energy getting upset over the OF being fixture 11.

If they'd shifted all 4 into 2021 then maybe but engineering dates is nothing new, it's not a coincidence they play each other every new year etc.

On 17/06/2020 at 10:37, Romeo said:

I'm not sure what difference it makes to you, Aberdeen or any other club i so yes I'm all for it; especially if it's at Parkhead.

It's not going to make any difference to Aberdeen's season (3rd or lower).

The only thing this provides Aberdeen fans with is the opportunity to gnash their teeth.

At least we've teeth to gnash, gummy.

24 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

6pm kick off on a tues night vs Hibs for us? Bizarre kick off time for a midweek fixture

Good time for an Edinburgh derby ;)

In all seriousness, though, I also don't see any reason for mass indignation about the timing of the first bigot-fest. Different if they'd deliberately scheduled all of them for 2021 to fully maximise the chance of a crowd.

Although I do think it's an interesting call that having (or trying to have) some fans is better from a public safety point of view than no fans. 

Edited by The Master

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I'm not sure it's worth the energy getting upset over the OF being fixture 11.

If they'd shifted all 4 into 2021 then maybe but engineering dates is nothing new, it's not a coincidence they play each other every new year etc.

It's widely accepted that New Year is a date for derbies.

It's not normal practice to fix a date for any other fixture.

I'm not bothered tbh, but it makes a mockery of the 'random' generation of fixtures

Ross County away on the 2nd of January is a disaster for me. Can’t see the lads wanting to make the trip up north just after New Years Day. Nightmare.

Dundee United away first day of the season - another disaster. With it being closed doors that’s a fine away day scuppered.

Not happy tbh.

I'm not bothered tbh, but it makes a mockery of the 'random' generation of fixtures
Clubs are allowed to make requests on fixture dates though (although not always met).

Hearts and Rovers asked to play at Tynecastle around Remembrance Day in 2014 and that was met.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's never been completely random though. As well as the new year fixtures you have to keep teams in the same city from playing at home, it's already been discussed that derbies are never on the opening day, the champions are always at home on the opening day etc.

The idea that they just hit a button and it spits it out at random is a bit of a fallacy, no?

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

Hibs and Dundee United playing at home from day 1, and they're not using up each other's New Year's Derby slot. The SPFL is sending a message that they're not expecting to derelegate Hearts.

Technically when Dundee aren't in the league and United are, we usually play them at new year as a watered down derby.

1 minute ago, jamamafegan said:

Ross County away on the 2nd of January is a disaster for me. Can’t see the lads wanting to make the trip up north just after New Years Day. Nightmare.

All fans will be boycotting Dingwall anyway, following the example of Kickback Wanderers.