Cancel culture

12 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I'd hazard a guess at the Courier. 

DC Thomson have never had any discrimination issues. 

Ever? 

Well, hardly ever. 

I went for one of my first job interviews with DC Thompson in 1971.  I was asked which church I attended, I said I didn’t believe in god.  I never got the job but cannot confirm the reason why.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

In my field of research, most folk I know are women. Of all the researchers and PhD students I have recruited as part of my team, only one has been a male. Quite often I only ever get applications from women. 

Never gave it a second thought until now. Just hire the best people, regardless. 

It's just a massive coincidence that the best people are all 23 year old blondes with massive tits.  ;) 

In my field of research, most folk I know are women. Of all the researchers and PhD students I have recruited as part of my team, only one has been a male. Quite often I only ever get applications from women. 
Never gave it a second thought until now. Just hire the best people, regardless. 
^^^ Perid dignity officer

8 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I went for one of my first job interviews with DC Thompson in 1971.  I was asked which church I attended, I said I didn’t believe in god.  I never got the job but cannot confirm the reason why.

My mum was interviewed with them in the early 1960s. Despite attending a non-denom school she was grilled about her religion,  presumably on account of her Irish surname. They then asked what newspaper she read. 

My mum,  totally pissed off by then,  replied "The Morning Star". 

The interviewer sniffed,  and said "I think we'll end this interview now." 

DC Thomson.  A great bunch of lads. 

26 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Aren't they aware Piers Morgan did this about Greggs and nobody gave a f**k

Christ, I thought you were kidding for a minute there.

Someone wrote a Chuck Tingle style story about the whole affair: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Piers-Morgans-Vegan-Lover-Alizee-ebook/dp/B083GW1ZY9

On 16/08/2022 at 19:39, Self-raising Lazarus said:

For those saying potential candidates for jobs are not assessed on their gender race or orientation, they sadly are. I have 2 close friends who work in HR and have been explicitly told by their bosses to 'boost female recruitment' regardless of who is the most suited to the role. Clearly this isn't the case across the board but it does happen, thankfully both told their superiors they would not do so.

Regards to Souness, if he was commentating on a woman's game then its daft, but its two male teams on the pitch, totally overblown by the media as per usual.

100%  When I started working as a YTS (debt collector) with the council. The Poll Tax recovery office was about 50 girls all with big tits and long hair. gaffer was a Man

To add, I never worked in that department, I was corporate debt and parking fines. They were all big guys with shaved head ☹️ Gaffer was a woman.