Cancel culture

4 minutes ago, chocolateankles said:

Why do people pick on other posters, what exactly is the point of flaming them all the time.  Isn't that against the rules, if not it should be. It's on line bullying.

It is also an example of the cancel culture. Prominent poster with gazillions of posts under their belt red dots a few posts because they don't like who is posting and his devout followers follow their lead because it's cool.  It's not cool.

You see it all the time on Twitter and Facebook, and like here it goes largely unregulated.

Life is difficult enough as it is at the moment for many and places like this should be a bit of a release and place to forget about your worries, not an unsafe bear pit where somebody can jump on you because they take a dislike.

Veteran posters should be afforded respect, I think that's pretty uncontroversial.

34 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Christ, that's a lot of bigots.

I'm guessing that as you get older, you'll realise that life doesn't quite work like that.

Lots of bad people do great things, and lots of great people do bad things. Life and people are complicated, and rarely is stuff black and white.

When “stuff” is LGBT rights and racism, then it is pretty black and white. But thanks for the condescension. 

When “stuff” is LGBT rights and racism, then it is pretty black and white. But thanks for the condescension. 
‘I’m guessing when you grow up you’ll be a bit more racist, homophobic and generally a bit more of a bigot.’

Some quality centrist content. 
If you're going to make posts that are immature in nature, then I'm going to call them out.

Is that not how it works?

People who question why there isn’t a straight pride are almost definitely bigots. People who question whether there are more than two genders, in my experience, are bigots. People who “question whether BLM’s methods are the best way to go about things” are - on the whole, if they’re white - bigots.

In my experience, most people (certainly from the older generation) when asked about genders would give “two” as the answer.

Screaming at pensioners because they don’t know what gender fluid means is just nonsense.

56 minutes ago, chocolateankles said:

Why do people pick on other posters, what exactly is the point of flaming them all the time.  Isn't that against the rules, if not it should be. It's on line bullying.

It is also an example of the cancel culture. Prominent poster with gazillions of posts under their belt red dots a few posts because they don't like who is posting and his devout followers follow their lead because it's cool.  It's not cool.

You see it all the time on Twitter and Facebook, and like here it goes largely unregulated.

Life is difficult enough as it is at the moment for many and places like this should be a bit of a release and place to forget about your worries, not an unsafe bear pit where somebody can jump on you because they take a dislike.

Can't take anything a 64-post poster says seriously so didn't bother reading this.

Edited by Gordon EF

8 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

In my experience, most people (certainly from the older generation) when asked about genders would give “two” as the answer.

Screaming at pensioners because they don’t know what gender fluid means is just nonsense.

Think you mean "calling out bigots".

26 minutes ago, chocolateankles said:

Calling someone a weirdo wouldn't be my choice of words but you completely ignored the point he was making in order to attack him, and you have then marked his posts down.  That in itself tells a story.  To me, he was honest about the situation he finds himself in on here with another poster but you ignore that because he called your pal a weirdo.

Yes internet bullying leads to depression, anxiety and suicide,  you should maybe take it as seriously as the other issues highlighted on here.  Telling posters to toughen the f*ck up because it's only dots, well some people can't for a whole host of reasons and you have no idea who the person is that has been chosen to be on the receiving end of multiple dots every time they post.  That can be a bad situation if this forum is a bit of a crutch for them, a bit of a release, and they don't want to leave to avoid it.

Just have a think about it eh, it's seriously uncool.   

That's enough P&B for one night for me.

Thanks ankles but you're onto a loser here I'm afraid despite the seriousness of the issue.  It shouldn't be this way but your either suck it up or leave, nothing will be be done about it. 

7 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

^^^ stolen valour imo.

going to become the stolen valour guy of P&B lore. Subcrawl? I started it. P&B Fives? I won it. Marrying Adam and Rugster? That was me.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

going to become the stolen valour guy of P&B lore. Subcrawl? I started it. P&B Fives? I won it. Marrying Adam and Rugster? That was me.

The most heroic act in P&B history was surely whoever went to check up on kilt by peeking through his letter box. Who knows what horrors that brave soul saw?

Spoiler

I do cos it was me.😑

Black people being murdered by police.

Gay and Trans people being harassed, threatened and abused, even killed because of who they are.

Peaceful protesters being teargassed and beaten.

A popular and highly influential billionaire who can't share her abhorrent views about a marginalised group without people being mean to her.

People having their posts downvoted on an anonymous Scottish football forum.

It's hard to say who has it the worst in today's society.

53 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Black people being murdered by police.

Gay and Trans people being harassed, threatened and abused, even killed because of who they are.

Peaceful protesters being teargassed and beaten.

A popular and highly influential billionaire who can't share her abhorrent views about a marginalised group without people being mean to her.

People having their posts downvoted on an anonymous Scottish football forum.

It's hard to say who has it the worst in today's society.

I still have no points in the PandB dead pool in 2020, the year when most of the world died.   I think I qualify for the most pity (although the downvoted thing has merit).

40 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

I still have no points in the PandB dead pool in 2020, the year when most of the world died.   I think I qualify for the most pity

tenor.gif?itemid=14671276

40 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

I(although the downvoted thing has merit).

#RedDotsMatter

5 hours ago, Burnieman said:

What's a "Rab Reference"?  no idea what you're on about.  I see Mallo, you and his pals have been piling on today.  Has it ever occured to people that this is a form of cyber bullying? It needs called out.

It’s a reference to the Whitehill Welfare supporter you mentioned who “stopped posting” because if reds dots. He didn’t stop posting at all, he was kicked off the site for being a cretin and has returned under new accounts a hundred times. HTH.

6 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

It’s a reference to the Whitehill Welfare supporter you mentioned who “stopped posting” because if reds dots. He didn’t stop posting at all, he was kicked off the site for being a cretin and has returned under new accounts a hundred times. HTH.

You do realise there is more than one Whitehil Welfare poster on P&B? I was not referring to who you think I was.

The most heroic act in P&B history was surely whoever went to check up on kilt by peeking through his letter box. Who knows what horrors that brave soul saw?
Spoiler

I do cos it was me.[emoji58]

kilt gave me chocolates at the airport

In the Scottish football forum system, dotting based offences are considered especially heinous.

On Pie & Bovril, the dedicated moderators who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories.