Cancel culture

25 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

In the Scottish football forum system, dotting based offences are considered especially heinous.

On Pie & Bovril, the dedicated moderators who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories.

In 1972, a fairly innocuous poster was given a red dot by a veteran for a post they didn't read. This poster promptly complained  to the general P&B public. Today, still annoyed by the perceived slight, they survive but receive more red dots for talking about dot club. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can start...

A Dotting War.

19 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Social media is full of utter p***ks. Anyone who is going to be offended by an utter p***k being an utter p***k is best advised to stay off it. It brings out the worst in people.

Why should people stay off social media when others are acting the c**t?

8 minutes ago, Pcplum said:

Why should people stay off social media when others are acting the c**t?

Social media isn't a necessity of life. If the things you read on it make you upset and thus, your life worse, it's probably best to distance yourself from it. Asking the entire internet to be nice to each other is pissing into the wind, so you have a choice of putting up with the shite that's there or stopping reading it all together. If this was your workplace and you couldn't physically remove yourself from the "insults" or "abuse" then you'd have a point that others need to wisen up, but this is an anonymous football forum which you've signed up to by choice. If you don't like the content then it's maybe best to accept this isn't for you.

This is the only "social" site I read. Facebook and twitter have both been removed as I realised I got no enjoyment out of them. 

In 1972, a fairly innocuous poster was given a red dot by a veteran for a post they didn't read. This poster promptly complained  to the general P&B public. Today, still annoyed by the perceived slight, they survive but receive more red dots for talking about dot club. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can start...

A Dotting War.
Howling mad marshmallow red dots mr tea

3 hours ago, Detournement said:

Red dots are great. 

If I get less than five per week off Dormolin then it's a sign I've let my standards slip.

In my experience it's when you've gently said something he can't contradict but is absolutely livid at from some reason of his own. Had one from in the pretty non argumentative Universe thread when I just replied to his explanation of NASA's current Trump directed plans to put man back on the moon by 2024 that it was very unlikely to happen due to the incompetence of Boeing and some other partners, and the very slow progress of the Orion project. Red dot, no discussion possible, might have been interesting but there we go. 

Edited by welshbairn

Just use the pie and bovril app on your phone and you'll never have to bother with red dots again.

Aye that's me, but i do I miss the red dots. Its there a reason why it's not on the app?
Social media isn't a necessity of life. If the things you read on it make you upset and thus, your life worse, it's probably best to distance yourself from it. Asking the entire internet to be nice to each other is pissing into the wind, so you have a choice of putting up with the shite that's there or stopping reading it all together. If this was your workplace and you couldn't physically remove yourself from the "insults" or "abuse" then you'd have a point that others need to wisen up, but this is an anonymous football forum which you've signed up to by choice. If you don't like the content then it's maybe best to accept this isn't for you.
This is the only "social" site I read. Facebook and twitter have both been removed as I realised I got no enjoyment out of them. 
Pretty much this.

It's vital in life, but particularly on social media, to realise how unimportant we all are in the grand scheme of things.

Problems occur when folk take themselves too seriously. Perspective is everything in life, and some folk just aren't very good at it.

1 hour ago, dorlomin said:

In their heads, rent free.

Ha! Going through my posts from 2016 I see for dotting purposes. Hopefully you will emerge as a more rounded, educated and amiable individual. :angel

As much as I'm loving the dot direction this thread has taken, this is the guy who wrote the letter.

Ec04d71XsAEAaLt.png.44055c2c87a88364cc7c0d5cca8ed26a.png

Criticising people for what you perceive to be problematic views is cancel culture and it has to stop, but express a negative opinion about a New York Times columnist I happen to agree with on some issues and I will have no choice but to kick you out of my house.

As much as I'm loving the dot direction this thread has taken, this is the guy who wrote the letter.
Ec04d71XsAEAaLt.png.44055c2c87a88364cc7c0d5cca8ed26a.png
Criticising people for what you perceive to be problematic views is cancel culture and it has to stop, but express a negative opinion about a New York Times columnist I happen to agree with on some issues and I will have no choice but to kick you out of my house.

Hypocrisy abounds in these kind of things.

Always does when it comes to everyone being their own moral arbiter as to what is or isn’t acceptable.