Cancel culture

6 hours ago, Ross. said:

Haven't Mermaids been involved in a few controversial cases that went to court? I've read bits and pieces on this subject when bored and just following things that pop up on twitter, and I'm sure I recall reading they were taken to court by a father who wanted custody of his young son because the mother was being advised by Mermaids that the son should be living as a daughter?

Google suggests they(Mermaids) argue that the mother received the court order to stay away from Mermaids rather than Mermaids being told not to contact her. The father was given custody and the son now appears to be living happily as a boy.

As a latecomer to the thread, I was somewhat confused by this until I went back a page to discover that you're referring to an organisation and not a school of fishy bints.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

IMG_4687.jpg

Cancel culture is when you can’t speak wherever you like

I'm not familiar with Mr Grimes or his work. However, I do wonder how much air time is given to liberals on the "free speech station" to which he contributes. I'm guessing it's a lot less than conservatives receive on Mainstream Media. And there's "A whole host of employers too afraid to hire a conservative."? Just f**k off with that shit. 

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

He dropped out of Uni (a fashion degree) to run a Brexit propaganda website. The c**t isn't qualified to be talking about the hem on a pair of trousers any more than he is talking about politics.

Grimes got away pretty much Scott free with breaking the law during the brexit campaign because a judge quite literally decided he was too stupid to have understood what he was doing.

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

20200703_143930.jpg.30cc459dd2de74e38463a34fb0594a3d.jpg

I say it all the time, but what happened to plain old instant judgement based on nothing much? Who looked at him and said "he's the man for the job" or "I like his style"? Never mind actually listening to the cünt.

10 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I say it all the time, but what happened to plain old instant judgement based on nothing much? Who looked at him and said "he's the man for the job" or "I like his style"? Never mind actually listening to the cünt.

I believe the answer to your question is Dominic Cummings, and given the outcome it seems he was absolutely fucking right.

21 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Someone on here posted a week or so ago that if you jailed folk for looking a bit odd you'd save hundreds of thousands of potential crimes and get it right 95% of the time, and the other 5% would be acceptable collateral damage.

3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Someone on here posted a week or so ago that if you jailed folk for looking a bit odd you'd save hundreds of thousands of potential crimes and get it right 95% of the time, and the other 5% would be acceptable collateral damage.

https://www.oldpolicecellsmuseum.org.uk/content/learning/that-criminal-look  

28 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I believe the answer to your question is Dominic Cummings, and given the outcome it seems he was absolutely fucking right.

Is this the meek inheriting the earth? People like Grimes and Cummings were a Godsend, they occupied the bullies while I went about my business unhindered for the most part. Now they run the country, maybe I should have applied myself to something and the power vacuum wouldn't be filled by Walter and the softies.

6 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Until that David Starkey thing the other week I had no idea who Darren Grimes was. I still don't know how he is, and he looks like an AI-generated version of Ben Shapiro. 

5 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Think these people are bred in a lab to be smooth brained contrarian p***ks on the tele

I genuinely didn't know who he was

In 2019, together with fellow commentator Tom Harwood - among others, he was amongst the leaders of a newly launched right-wing youth organisation called Turning Point UK (TPUK)

:lol: