Cancel culture

I have an old hospital friend who I have a lot of respect for.  He's a retired philosophy lecturer and is politically left wing.  His take on cancel culture backed up mie, and he shared the following article with me. I don't profess to be particularly intellectual but I think I'm pretty good at getting to the heart of issues.  Can anyone deconstruct the arguments put forward here?

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/07/10/why-i-signed-the-harpers-cancel-culture-letter/

17 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I have an old hospital friend who I have a lot of respect for.  He's a retired philosophy lecturer and is politically left wing.  His take on cancel culture backed up mie, and he shared the following article with me. I don't profess to be particularly intellectual but I think I'm pretty good at getting to the heart of issues.  Can anyone deconstruct the arguments put forward here?

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/07/10/why-i-signed-the-harpers-cancel-culture-letter/

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

Surely one of you guys will respond properly?  Humour me.

There's no rush, though.  

What is your point? Anyone challenging someone's right to say whatever they want is an evil commie looking to control the world?

2 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

I’d be very surprised if anybody has read it my man.

I tried despite the platform, but when the first sentence calls those who want people to have to be accountable for their words as ‘unhinged,’ I don’t think you’ll get much back. 

I've had a few pints but it's just typical "unhinged lefties hate free speech" and airing out her beefs with people who've taken their name off the letter. I'm really not sure what's meant to be particularly revelatory apart from this person apparently being a big lefty (that writes for British Breitbart).

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I've had a few pints but it's just typical "unhinged lefties hate free speech" and airing out her beefs with people who've taken their name off the letter. I'm really not sure what's meant to be particularly revelatory apart from this person apparently being a big lefty (that writes for British Breitbart).

The person who linked to it is on The Loony Left, not the writer. This shows how open the retired philosopher is to high level important ideas. 

2 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Centrist da Pandarilla thinking Nigel Farage is a legitimate voice is it? 

And supposedly this party isn't just about Brexit. His speech today attacked career politicians, and the connections between big city interests and the government. Those are some pretty big truths.

Utterly stunning you were able to work that out without looking.

What is your point? Anyone challenging someone's right to say whatever they want is an evil commie looking to control the world?
My point is that I'm looking for someone to dissect the arguments in the article.

I quite like reading stuff written be those on the right. The alternative is you end up in a circle jerk with nodding dogs (kind of mixing my metaphors there but what the hell).

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

My point is that I'm looking for someone to dissect the arguments in the article.

I quite like reading stuff written be those on the right. The alternative is you end up in a circle jerk with nodding dogs (kind of mixing my metaphors there but what the hell).

There aren't any arguments in the article. It's the usual whining BS about free speech being impinged upon because people are disagreeing with right wingers on Twitter.