Cancel culture

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Who can forget the way that A.J.P Taylor summarised the underlying problems with the Versailles treaty using a cartoon of Fanny Cradock

If it had been a cartoon of Cradock's fanny it wouldn't have got published.

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Who can forget the way that A.J.P Taylor summarised the underlying problems with the Versailles treaty using a cartoon of Fanny Cradock

To be fair, I feel like Lincoln sending General Lee that gif of the naked black guy pumping KFC into Ainsley Harriet's grinning mouth would have been appropriate, proportional and hilarious at the conclusion of the American Civil War. 

Edited by Gordon EF

Catching up on the last twenty pages of this, some interesting stuff. I'm a big fan of cancel culture tbh, it's should become like the Peep Show episode where everyone is trying to get each other sectioned. 

It is fairly obvious that most signatories to the original letter are finding it difficult when their opinions are called out and ridiculed. It's an absolute right to do this - I'm presuming the centrist "good faith" advocates believe we should always be engaging in good faith with the likes of Rowling, Toby Young, Julia Hartley-Brewer, Mike Graham, Tom Harwood, Andrew Neil and Darren Grimes now instead of them rightly being called out? 

Also good to see that VT has basically become the Owen Jones of the forum - makes a clear, salient point only for the creepy da's of the forum to all wade in and get personal. Mad that him being a qualified historian has got so many in a froth. 

Edited by JMDP

1 hour ago, JMDP said:

Catching up on the last twenty pages of this, some interesting stuff. I'm a big fan of cancel culture tbh, it's should become like the Peep Show episode where everyone is trying to get each other sectioned. 

It is fairly obvious that most signatories to the original letter are finding it difficult when their opinions are called out and ridiculed. It's an absolute right to do this - I'm presuming the centrist "good faith" advocates believe we should always be engaging in good faith with the likes of Rowling, Toby Young, Julia Hartley-Brewer, Mike Graham, Tom Harwood, Andrew Neil and Darren Grimes now instead of them rightly being called out? 

Also good to see that VT has basically become the Owen Jones of the forum - makes a clear, salient point only for the creepy da's of the forum to all wade in and get personal. Mad that him being a qualified historian has got so many in a froth. 

74211C0A-5558-4C79-9B89-49E01F675FB1.gif

Actually, I'm a qualified historian too.

You see a rusty tin can that's on some waste ground which is half positioned in some canine excrement and has some snails domiciled there?

That's VT's house that is. He lives in that.

37 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

You see a rusty tin can that's on some waste ground which is half positioned in some canine excrement and has some snails domiciled there?

magnificent - not enough greenies etc...

1 hour ago, JMDP said:

I hereby exercise my absolute right to call you out on being a bit dim. 

3 hours ago, JMDP said:

Man, 8 mile really didn't like this post.

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

My toes curled so much reading that, they just about hit my shins. Rancid patter. 

Not at all surprised to see creepy da's such as the above, corpolite, Herman, topcat and 14mile/Tony wade in with nothing of substance. Interested to hear your actual takes on cancel culture lads, what's your thoughts on it? 

My toes curled so much reading that, they just about hit my shins. Rancid patter. 
Not at all surprised to see creepy da's such as the above, corpolite, Herman, topcat and 14mile/Tony wade in with nothing of substance. Interested to hear your actual takes on cancel culture lads, what's your thoughts on it? 

I take it you just didn’t get the joke?