Cancel culture

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
38 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:
I love your work and think that you are one of the best Dundee posters. And Dundee posters are the best x 

Tell him he doesnt have a glass chin

There's a fine line between flattery and outright lies. 

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

The Utterthwaite Postal University give them to any c**t tbh if they pay enough money

04D7E243-EC2D-458E-8528-E6B64CD8860A.jpeg

What's the hidden word next to "History"- ends in "n" 

Fashion History? Naw, this is Shandon we're talking about..

Spoiler

More rancid patter :thumsup2

9 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I've never heard anyone refer to themselves as a 'qualified' teacher or nurse, only a teacher or nurse. 

I've been a teacher for 12 years, can assure you that many people refer to themselves as that. Indeed, it has been a huge issue in England and Wales since the academisation process removed the need for teachers to be qualified. In international schools it often impacts pay - the international PGCE does not give you the status of QTS - Quailifed Teacher Status. 

The main issue is clearly that a load of the da's on here take umbrage to the fact that the poster in question clearly is far more qualified in his field and can easily dismantle their arguments. Quite apt in a thread that started about a letter written by people who don't like their arguments being questioned.

On the issue of nurses btw - my sister is a nurse, as are two other family members and a close friend. I have also heard the term used plenty before, hence why I chose these specific professions. 

Edited by JMDP

I've been a teacher for 12 years, can assure you that many people refer to themselves as that. Indeed, it has been a huge issue in England and Wales since the academisation process removed the need for teachers to be qualified. In international schools it often impacts pay - the international PGCE does not give you the status of QTS - Quailifed Teacher Status. 
The main issue is clearly that a load of the da's on here take umbrage to the fact that the poster in question clearly is far more qualified in his field and can easily dismantle their arguments. Quite apt in a thread that started about a letter written by people who don't like their arguments being questioned.
On the issue of nurses btw - my sister is a nurse, as are two other family members and a close friend. I have also heard the term used plenty before, hence why I chose these specific professions. 
It's not that he dismantles people's opinions, it's that he does it in the most condescending way ever, and regularly acts like a cock.

Bairnardo called it spot on.

It's quite meta that VT's being held up as a talisman in a revisionist Yoof vs yer Da culture war like JK Rowling is in the terf vs trans one.
I find it quite odd that anyone would seek to analyse it any further than "abusive internet person gets abused in kind"

I am sure VT has no problem reaping what he does, other wise he would have changed his act occasionally, so the need to white knight him doesnt seem to be there for me.

And Alis assertion that he gets abused because he is intelligent and articulate is way wide of the mark. Across a huge range of subjects on this site, you stumble across people with huge depth of knowledge and expertise. Doing a huge disservice to a lot of folk on this site with that IMO.

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I love your work and think that you are one of the best Dundee posters. And Dundee posters are the best x 

I've always maintained you are a man of exquisite taste. 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Tell him he doesnt have a glass chin

Preferable to having glass tits IMO. 

Genuinely ignore *most* posts VT makes as it always appears to be tied behind a 'gimmick'. Desperate to get some wee catchphrase in and attempts to try and ridicule the person he's debating with rather than actually look to engage in a discussion about the topic.

He's a roaster that provides some laugh out loud material. He clearly has some form of intelligence as he's able to cover a vast span of subjects and has eloquence in his put downs.

Edited by Ludo*1

1 hour ago, JMDP said:

My main issue is i don't like people condescending to me and that includes your horrendous "creepy da" patter. 

38 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

VT posts in basically the same style as he did IIRC when I joined the forum in the mid 00s, which is an achievement in a way I guess. 

It is slightly weird to think how the forum has changed since then though. Peak P&B for me was probably ~2011(?) when you would get these huge multi-quoting debates between VT, Ad Lib, Swampy, Supras and Renton, with (as mentioned elsewhere recently) probably a better class of troll in the shape of Reynard and Stuart Dickson as well. 

Also maybe it's just me but the forum seems significantly older now than it did then, in terms of user base.  I'm now in my mid 20s and it doesn't feel like there are a huge amount of posters much younger than me, whereas that demographic seemed more prominent back then. 

None of us are getting any younger!

And get off my lawn

1 hour ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Also maybe it's just me but the forum seems significantly older now than it did then, in terms of user base.  I'm now in my mid 20s and it doesn't feel like there are a huge amount of posters much younger than me, whereas that demographic seemed more prominent back then. 

I was thinking this as well. I joined this forum in 2008 when I was 15/16 and in high school to try and wind up St Mirren fans by making up fake transfer rumours. There seemed to be a lot more posters around that age back then. 

I think youngsters these days are more into their Tik Tok and that than trying to get a rise out of middle aged men on a Scottish football forum. It’s sad to see.

The gymnastics scandal is fair outing a few horrific coaching stories these days.

Pe teachers of a certain generation will be shitting themselves.

(it's probably not the right thread for this but i can see a situation developing where reforms to sort out the abuse and poor practice tip too far and piss off some folk who stand by the old ways - to toughen the weans up)