Cancel culture

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Sounds like a bunch of bigots getting upset tbh.

Well yes, I think much of the scepticism about her identity does stem from simple bigotry, but that doesn't mean that the question about whether it's fair or appropriate for her to compete in a category intended for biological women isn't a legitimate one.

24 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Really quick at getting to the bar and back as well.

Wee tam  is absolutely raging she gets served so quickly despite the fact he started his waddle to the bar well before she left her seat.   He is demanding she has to carry bags of cement with her and to be forced to stop for 30 seconds half way to make up for the fact she isn’t massively overweight and needs to stop for breath.

3 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Hard lines to the gammon snowflakes.

Laurence Fox and his gammon army have quickly moved onto being outraged about this now.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/09/17/comedian-sophie-duker-sparks-ofcom-complaints-with-kill-whitey-joke-on-frankie-boyles-new-world-order-13288089/

Laurence Fox is probably just upset that all he'll ever be famous for is being married to Billie Piper. He's an absolute fucking Z-lister.

On 21/09/2020 at 12:29, Day of the Lords said:
On 17/09/2020 at 20:47, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Laurence Fox is probably just upset that all he'll ever be famous for is being married to Billie Piper. He's an absolute fucking Z-lister.

Laurence Fox seems to be upset at absolutely everything. I’m surprised he can tie his shoelaces without tweeting some outraged message about being cancelled by loafers.

Edited by Jambomo

47 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

This is the only mega rich person who did exactly that as far as I know. It's difficult to split the status from the money, I think that's why so many of them can't seem to take it easy.

ETA: good article here. Don't think the interviewer expected the answers.

https://www.newstatesman.com/international/2020/09/judith-butler-culture-wars-jk-rowling-and-living-anti-intellectual-times

1411087218778_wps_28_myspace_tom_8_Las_Vegas_A.jpg

Oft, that was something. That makes up for donating to Kamala Harris last year.

Edited by NotThePars

On 21/09/2020 at 12:29, Day of the Lords said:

Is he even that famous for that? I'd imagine if people were asked to name Billie Piper's ex-husband, far more would say Chris Evans

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Is he even that famous for that? I'd imagine if people were asked to name Billie Piper's ex-husband, far more would say Chris Evans

I think of him as Emilia's arsehole cousin.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

Always think "you've got a point Gil" when hearing this. 

Edited by Shandön Par

2 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

more evidence this is a totally fabricated reality programmed by super beings who care only for banter.

I love the "it's so weird because she makes a lot of sense about everything except this one issue I'm currently losing my mind over" replies.

I've got some sympathy for folk who have general concerns or specific questions with the trans movement, but committed TERFism is such a weird QANON-like quasi religious thing. 

29 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Always think "you've got a point Gil" when hearing this. 

I often think about what he would be saying about the US and the state of the world just now. A fantastic singer, songwriter, activist and poet. Gone but definitely not forgotten. Required listening imo.