Cancel culture

31 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Phelps isn't a good comparison. He doesn't have any other organs that his competitors don't have.

The thread I linked to explains that going through male puberty provides huge physical advantages. 

The only way a human male even with exceptional physique and a lifetime of training could compete on a level playing field with Phelps would be with flippers.

Edited by welshbairn

29 minutes ago, Detournement said:

They just haven't done the studies on other events yet. World Athletics say they will deal with other events if evidence is put forward. 

So my post was factually correct then ?

Semenya is classed as a woman for events 0-200m and 1500m+, and as a man for 400-1500m.

11 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

So my post was factually correct then ?

Semenya is classed as a woman for events 0-200m and 1500m+, and as a man for 400-1500m.

She is always a woman in any event. 

The issue is that WA have found that in three events the abnormal testosterone levels confers an unfair advantage. CAS agreed.

I'm sure if they have to WA will go to CAS for other events. They probably wanted to keep this case narrow because Nike are paying for Caster's legal bills. 

I doubt she will go to 200m to seriously compete. It would make her previous achievements less credible as no one else has medalled at 200m-1500m plus Nike have a lot of money invested in American sprinters. 

World Athletics: "Even though she is a woman, and its completely naturally occurring testosterone in her system, Caster Semenya cannot race between 2 distances, chosen to exclude her from her chosen event unless she takes drugs to alter her body"

Also World Athletics: "Hi Justin Gatlin, just confirming you are good to go with whatever you want"

On 30/07/2020 at 17:27, Highland Capital said:

Jim Davidson is a horrid racist moron.  Any reason to cancel him is a good one.

Just seen his rant about Diversity and BLM from last week. Ooft he must just post videos when he runs out of drink at 5  in the morning the stupid old c**t. Looks more like Jackson Carlaw than himself these days.

15 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I think that Brock Lesnar should be repeatedly pepper sprayed if I want to fight him in the Octagon or else it isn't fair.

Brock Lesnar does not need eyes he'd probably find you by smelling the fear and still rip your limbs off.

12 hours ago, Detournement said:

The entire basis of women's sport is based on fairness.

So if there was a 6'9" women she'd be excluded from a basketball event or what?

Edited by GiGi

15 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I think that Brock Lesnar should be repeatedly pepper sprayed if I want to fight him in the Octagon or else it isn't fair.

Not sure a guy who uses PEDs is the greatest comparison, but I do agree with your general point.

12 hours ago, Detournement said:

Phelps isn't a good comparison. He doesn't have any other organs that his competitors don't have.

The thread I linked to explains that going through male puberty provides huge physical advantages. 

Phelps has size 14 webbed feet and his ankles are double jointed, which allows him to extend his feet a further 15 degrees than most swimmers. He is also hyper jointed in his chest which allows him more flexibility than other swimmers. He has clear physical advantages. But he's a white guy so wow how great is he.

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Phelps has size 14 webbed feet and his ankles are double jointed, which allows him to extend his feet a further 15 degrees than most swimmers. He is also hyper jointed in his chest which allows him more flexibility than other swimmers. He has clear physical advantages. But he's a white guy so wow how great is he.

He is an XY male.

Also he doesn't have webbed feet. And I'd take the rest of it with a pinch of salt as those kinds of tales are often used to deflect from doping. 

Edited by Detournement

13 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Not sure a guy who uses PEDs is the greatest comparison, but I do agree with your general point.

I've no dog in this race, but I wonder if the fact Phelps "advantage" is not something that can be chemically created makes a difference to how it's perceived? 

Just a thought. 

What's interesting about this implementation of a handicap to curtail a natural "advantage" is the lack of similar measures taken elsewhere. There are solo sportspeople with clear physical advantages over their competition. Phelps being one particular example, but plenty of examples in sport where the physical makeup of an athlete puts them over the top in terms of getting results. Heavyweight boxing, and even boxing in general where the single criteria to be met is weight yet size often has a big say in a fight.

Also in team sports. We have effectively been told by the powers that be that PSG and Man City for example, have not gained their financial advantages in an unfair way. Mercedes absolutely battering f**k out of F1 seemingly all fair. All of these are globally supported teams.

Why is it that Caster Semenya is being singled out for this treatment? Why is no one actively clamouring for full on hormone regulation in athletics, with testing and treatment to ensure everyone is the same? That would be the fair way to do it no?

Of course, all of the above also assumes the validity of the advantage she has, the science for which seems to be pretty sketchy, and also dismisses the fact that she hasnt actually swept the board like some unbeatable 800m miracle since she started running, and also dismisses the hard work and dedication and talent she has, which are the real reasons for her success.

Someone of the language used by sanctimonious arsehole Seb Coe is pretty telling here and this article probably is the reason why at the time I said I thought Semenya was being used as a warning shot in the forthcoming battle between women's sport and the transgender community. https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1084951/seb-coe-on-caster-semenya-responsibility

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

What's interesting about this implementation of a handicap to curtail a natural "advantage" is the lack of similar measures taken elsewhere. There are solo sportspeople with clear physical advantages over their competition. Phelps being one particular example, but plenty of examples in sport where the physical makeup of an athlete puts them over the top in terms of getting results. Heavyweight boxing, and even boxing in general where the single criteria to be met is weight yet size often has a big say in a fight.

Also in team sports. We have effectively been told by the powers that be that PSG and Man City for example, have not gained their financial advantages in an unfair way. Mercedes absolutely battering f**k out of F1 seemingly all fair. All of these are globally supported teams.

Why is it that Caster Semenya is being singled out for this treatment? Why is no one actively clamouring for full on hormone regulation in athletics, with testing and treatment to ensure everyone is the same? That would be the fair way to do it no?

Of course, all of the above also assumes the validity of the advantage she has, the science for which seems to be pretty sketchy, and also dismisses the fact that she hasnt actually swept the board like some unbeatable 800m miracle since she started running, and also dismisses the hard work and dedication and talent she has, which are the real reasons for her success.

Someone of the language used by sanctimonious arsehole Seb Coe is pretty telling here and this article probably is the reason why at the time I said I thought Semenya was being used as a warning shot in the forthcoming battle between women's sport and the transgender community. https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1084951/seb-coe-on-caster-semenya-responsibility

I didn't know what to think about this issue but the diametrically opposite view to seb coe is always right.