WoSFL Premier Division thread

37 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

I was more surprised we actually scored a goal yesterday. 

The Talbot goal where the forward  brushed off the two defenders and the keeper was out but misjudged the situation was a criminal goal to lose. Defenders should have coped or failing that committed a foul. Dunno if that is typical Medda this season or not but it looks ominous. Still enough games left to turn things around though.

5 hours ago, beaver watch said:

Sorry days at the Medda. A game against us would have drawn 1000+ there would be lucky to be 500 yesterday. I don't think they have ever recovered from the crazy money days, sad but that's football.

Apart from a junior cup tie about 10 years ago, I can’t think of any other time we’ve played Talbot where there’s been over 1000

If a vote took place at the league AGM to only allow teams to participate in the league if they have their own ground and ban ground sharing would it be voted in? 

On the grounds of financial fairness, teams operating their own grounds are at a disadvantage to those who rent either community facilities from the council or share with other teams. 

3 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

If a vote took place at the league AGM to only allow teams to participate in the league if they have their own ground and ban ground sharing would it be voted in? 

On the grounds of financial fairness, teams operating their own grounds are at a disadvantage to those who rent either community facilities from the council or share with other teams. 

If a vote took place for who's the biggest rocket ever on here am sure ud win it. Keep up the good work cos ur some laugh. 

Mon the rocket 

Mon the papers

9 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

“Financial Fairness” and Darvel 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Kilbowie's Finest said:

“Financial Fairness” and Darvel 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Something you don't support, financial fairness, look at the mess the club Airdrie Utd took over that were once called Clydebank. 

Why would you be against teams needing to have their own grounds? At present there is no limit to how many teams can use the one ground. I know approx. costs to maintain our pitch per year, Clydebank using council facilities which they share with Yoker have no such expense. 

1 hour ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Something you don't support, financial fairness, look at the mess the club Airdrie Utd took over that were once called Clydebank. 

Why would you be against teams needing to have their own grounds? At present there is no limit to how many teams can use the one ground. I know approx. costs to maintain our pitch per year, Clydebank using council facilities which they share with Yoker have no such expense. 

I don't suppose Clydebank & Yoker operate a dual contract with players either. Maybe, just maybe you shouldn't have laid a pitch that full time clubs couldn't afford, or indeed kitted out the finest changing rooms in Scotland. Especially with a very poor home support, unless of course the Big Teams are in town to boost the coffers. 

1 hour ago, rhubarb1974 said:

A Darvel and Rangers fan calling out financial fairness…

Also, if other teams are at a financial disadvantage then silly village green teams like Darvel are welcome to install Astro. It’s just a shame nobody wants to live there, support the local team, or even create the possibility of somewhere like Darvel ever needing two teams sharing.

Clydebank greedy enough with their huge wage bill and massive investment, it’s not fair that they also get to save a bit of cash by living in the 21st century.

2 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

56 minutes ago, Darwizzy said:

A Darvel and Rangers fan calling out financial fairness…

Also, if other teams are at a financial disadvantage then silly village green teams like Darvel are welcome to install Astro. It’s just a shame nobody wants to live there, support the local team, or even create the possibility of somewhere like Darvel ever needing two teams sharing.

Clydebank greedy enough with their huge wage bill and massive investment, it’s not fair that they also get to save a bit of cash by living in the 21st century.

Does anyone else get the feeling that these pair are one and the same?

3 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

You really do talk utter bollocks at times. Your own team's financial outlay for some time far exceeded what is a sensible and realistic budget for a team at our level and with the size of support that you have. There is nothing wrong with teams sharing facilities - surely in times of financial strife it makes more sense than ever - by your logic  AC Milan and Internazionale should have been punted from Serie A for sharing the San Siro :) 

The mess that Clydebank found themselves in during the late 1990s was nothing to do with overspending on players and everything to do with a series of charlatans intent on using our league status to pursue their own ends 

The facilities at Holm Park have been consistently improving in recent years and visitors to the ground supporting a variety of teams have commented on it. There is still work to be done if we hope to progress further but it is a work in progress.

I had a good chat with your manager when he was up watching the Clydebank v Auchinleck Talbot game the other week and he was complimentary about the work being done at Holm Park both on and off the park.

27 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Does anyone else get the feeling that these pair are one and the same?

Baxters my friend. Long term viewer of the forum, new poster. I am certainly not this rhubarb man, please do not get this mixed up. I’m certainly not a Darvel fan, and I tend not to speak in rambling criticism of everything Clydebank.

Cheers though, nice to be noticed by one of the west forums heavy hitters. Although that honour is more akin to being a bingo caller at the day centre these days.

Edited by Darwizzy
typo

6 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Do you think this should also apply to SPFL clubs such as Stirling Albion and Spartans?