WoSFL Premier Division thread

5 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Extremely unlikely in my opinion, but only 3 go down anyway.

Our league form has been very inconsistent for the last number of months -you never know what you will get.

20 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Although the drainage is ultimately Darvel's issue I don't think it would be fair to blame the club for this, they brought in a reputable contractor to install the new pitch, the club never cut corners etc...or hired a one man band with no experience in doing the work, if the drains have failed it is fault of the contractor not the clubs. 

Not necessarily. It depends on what exactly the contractor was engaged to do.

Were the drains within the scope of the contract? If not, it's the club's fault.

Edited by Stag Nation
Addition

We survived on 30 points last season (29 would have been safe). Think it will be around 27 this year meaning we need 12 points from 12 games. Given the run in we have I think that is quite a tall order. 

10 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

We survived on 30 points last season (29 would have been safe). Think it will be around 27 this year meaning we need 12 points from 12 games. Given the run in we have I think that is quite a tall order. 

Lets face it mate, we blew it big time. Home games against Glenafton and Rob Roy at home. Two real chances against 10 men and beaten in both.

The manager hasn't a clue how to set his team up, poor tactics and very little instruction during games.  If we had won those games we would probably be safe. We had the same problem last season, an inability to beat teams in the relegation dogfight along with us. We are where we are because we are not good enough. 

We need 12 performances like the St. Cadoc's display in the run in

The winner of Beith-Darvel next weekend in a very strong position. A draw there and Talbot very much in the mix if they do the business at home to Hurlford. IMO those are the three favourites at this stage and it looks like we could be in for a cracking end to the season.

Big result for us yesterday(even more so than any normal derby win). Just about finishes talk of a potential relegation battle and hopefully allows us to play out the season with an eye to building for next year.

4 hours ago, Satori. said:

Lets face it mate, we blew it big time. Home games against Glenafton and Rob Roy at home. Two real chances against 10 men and beaten in both.

The manager hasn't a clue how to set his team up, poor tactics and very little instruction during games.  If we had won those games we would probably be safe. We had the same problem last season, an inability to beat teams in the relegation dogfight along with us. We are where we are because we are not good enough. 

We need 12 performances like the St. Cadoc's display in the run in

I tend to agree, the St Cadocs game looks more like an aberration than the norm. Those games you highlight, as well as Largs at home, have cost us massively. Cumnock away, where we were outplayed for most of the game, only to get level and look the more likely to win then throw it away with the last kick of the game. Those games add up to the 12 points we need.

Agree on the manager, imo the Scottish run has papered over the cracks of some of the errors. Both Bens and Bellshill should have had us out if they had taken their chances. Players need to have a look at themselves as well with some big name players not playing to their levels and the lack of fight in a Southside Derby. 

35 minutes ago, Josuke Higashikata said:

Too farfetched to make a shout for St Cadoc's as potential league winners?

Speaking to people I know from St Cadocs after our game last week, they thought they needed 6 points fro the last 2 games to have a chance. Stranger things have happened and you never know if teams above them drop further points. 

11 minutes ago, Josuke Higashikata said:

Not going to pretend my prediction isn't partly me rationalising our defeat yesterday. But it happens to everyone.

St Cadocs are in contention I'd say. The division doesn't have a single dominant side steamrolling their way to the title so there's always a chance for a less fancied team to nick it. 

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

It’s a crazy title chase where every team in contention seems to be doing there best not to be!

It really does doesn't it . The Title nobody wants to win to get promoted to play utter shite clubs with very little attendances If the play off game Is won v broxburn .

2 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

It really does doesn't it . The Title nobody wants to win to get promoted to play utter shite clubs with very little attendances If the play off game Is won v broxburn .

You may be right.

Some might think they want to continue the Juniors' century-long sulk, cutting themselves off from the rest of Scottish (and indeed world) football for reasons no-one can remember..

Like Francis Urquhart, I couldn't possibly comment.

42 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

You may be right.

Some might think they want to continue the Juniors' century-long sulk, cutting themselves off from the rest of Scottish (and indeed world) football for reasons no-one can remember..

Like Francis Urquhart, I couldn't possibly comment.

Nobody is that enthusiastic about swapping something they currently enjoy for playing civil service strollers and hearts dafty team. I think most traditional ex-junior sides in the WOS league would be happier to let a few of the self proclaimed "ambitious" sides go first to improve the appeal of the LL and then join them in a few seasons time. Personally I'd love to see Talbot in there next season. I've got no idea what the general feeling about that prospect is in the wider Talbot support these days.

11 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Nobody is that enthusiastic about swapping something they currently enjoy

Enjoy it while it lasts. St Cadoc's and Gartcairn already there. Drumchapel Utd in with a shout for promotion to the Premier finally. Caley Locos have arrested their slide and might return one day. Finnart securing Crownpoint. Who knows what to come from all the 4th Division clubs.