WoSFL Premier Division thread

9 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Which clubs?

On another thread someone indicated that the Scottish Junior Football Pictures page on Facebook might be a good place to look. Apparently there's folk genuinely preferring the Ayrshire and Central Leagues there.

3 minutes ago, clansman said:

On another thread someone indicated that the Scottish Junior Football Pictures page on Facebook might be a good place to look. Apparently there's folk genuinely preferring the Ayrshire and Central Leagues there.

You've misunderstood pal. @not man of the match said that some clubs should have fought to remain the the Ayrshire Juniors. I was asking which ones should have. 

Don't do FB so not aware of this stuff but I would imagine it's fans doing the shouting on there, not the clubs themselves.

33 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Don't do FB so not aware of this stuff but I would imagine it's fans doing the shouting on there, not the clubs themselves.

In all honesty, yes.

We may hear folk complain about the pyramid - and many will for years to go. But is there an active movement to return back to the past, to the juniors? Led by officials?

Other than a poorly-judged call in 2022 for a new league, no.

Edited by Josuke Higashikata

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Your club are well ahead with their fixtures so the SJC hasn't got in the way of their progress. They have had their chance this season and look like blowing it.

The one virtue of a pyramid is that the best teams win their leagues and have the chance to progress. (There shouldn't be any play offs for champions but that's another argument).

Be honest, you and your pals are just raging because better teams keep getting in the way of you getting back to where you think you rightfully belong. Just win the league and everything will be ok.

Better teams who have no chance of promotion? What’s the point of that?

Spending ridiculous amounts of money on a club that can’t progress? 
Utterly pointless,that’s what the Juniors was for.

1 hour ago, Josuke Higashikata said:

In all honesty, yes.

We may hear folk complain about the pyramid - and many will for years to go. But is there an active movement to return back to the past, to the juniors? Led by officials?

Other than a poorly-judged call in 2022 for a new league, no.

There's an active movement for a lot of daft stuff in the World but it doesn't mean anyone who matters is taking it seriously. There's no danger that the Juniors will be relaunched in the WOS by a group of Facebook Dad's.

1 minute ago, Darvelman said:

If you are promoted to the Lowland League and happen to win it, would you be in a similar position to Beith? I am sure access to the SPFL now requires bronze award? A club must satisfy the criteria by the 31st of March to be eligible for playoffs at the end of the season.

Somone with better knowledge than me will be able to advise on the EK situation who have all but won the league now, they are entry level, no highland league teams at bronze so does that mean there is no team from either the LL or HL other than Cumbernauld Colts eligible for promotion. 

I'd fully expect our folks to be looking at attaining bronze next.

Also, isn't it odd that 99/100 it's some grade obsessed Pyramid-shagger who brings the Junior grade into the mix on here rather than people who actually enjoyed the Juniors at the time? 

"You're not desperate to play Civil Service Strollers in an astro cage in on a wednesday night in January, go back to the Juniors and let clubs with ambition advance".

What's the point in this line of argument? It's fairly moronic, polarising and ultimately pointless, and ultimately shows people up as being the type to argue that black is white if it supports their hopelessly entrenched outlook.

10 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Also, isn't it odd that 99/100 it's some grade obsessed Pyramid-shagger who brings the Junior grade into the mix on here rather than people who actually enjoyed the Juniors at the time? 

"You're not desperate to play Civil Service Strollers in an astro cage in on a wednesday night in January, go back to the Juniors and let clubs with ambition advance".

What's the point in this line of argument? It's fairly moronic, polarising and ultimately pointless, and ultimately shows people up as being the type to argue that black is white if it supports their hopelessly entrenched outlook.

I’d rather play at tier 5 than tier 6 and in a league where all the clubs have been audited for having basic facilities like disabled access toilets etc.

What’s wrong with that?

Just now, Vanderbilt said:

I’d rather play at tier 5 than tier 6 and in a league where all the clubs have been audited for having basic facilities like disabled access toilets etc.

What’s wrong with that?

I don't know. Is that a trick question? 

It  certainly isn't something that should be taken from any of my posts on the subject.

Just now, Shanner said:

I don't know. Is that a trick question? 

It  certainly isn't something that should be taken from any of my posts on the subject.

It’s proof that tier 6 is no more than pub league football if the grounds and facilities are not even up to entry level SFA criteria.

Theres also no audit of the people involved or the clubs financial goings on either.

Slag off Civil Service Strollers all you want but half the clubs in the league your club play in are nowhere near them.

Just now, Darvelman said:

The criteria Beith don't comply with is floodlights, all basic facilities you mentioned are in place. Without wanting to slate your ground, I wouldn't like to be a wheel chair user at holm park navigating the pot holes in the car park. Other non-licensed teams, St Cadocs - the ground they use is obviously fit for purpose as Banburb are licensed so I believe so I don't buy that argument at all. I have yet to see a ground where there isn't adequate disabled facilities. Irrespective of SFA license there are requirements for these venues from the council to have adequate provisions. Your line of argument isn't valid. 

So you wouldn't complain if you are in a league with only 1 team eligible for promotion to SPFL as only Cumbernauld Colts have bronze? Surely you see the hypocrisy in that? That is the current state of play in the LL. 

it seems that you are just desperate to get away from the WoS as you view that as an extension of the big bad juniors? 

Thanks Rhubarb 

7 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

It’s proof that tier 6 is no more than pub league football if the grounds and facilities are not even up to entry level SFA criteria.

Theres also no audit of the people involved or the clubs financial goings on either.

Slag off Civil Service Strollers all you want but half the clubs in the league your club play in are nowhere near them.

Who among us didn't grow up dreaming of the day our football favourites would audit their people. 

1 minute ago, Darvelman said:

Again no argument for your hypocrisy? You don't see the major flaw in your argument? 

If it was me I would happily say it was me. 

Me replying saying "Airdrie Airdrie Airdrie" doesn't really help the debate 

Aye ok Rhubarb 

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

Civil Service Strollers ground has one small stand along the North side with the dugouts on the South side. The ground has a capacity of 1,596 with around 100 of that being seated. The pitch was once part of a large playing field but work was carried out in 2015 to provide cover for spectators and enclose the ground. Floodlights were added in 2019 to meet SFA licensing criteria.

Doesn't sound like a cage.

Have had one home midweek fixture this season in July with one to come. 

Must have something about them as they are 10th on same points as recently relegated Albion Rovers and above former SPFL Berwick, Cowdenbeith and East Stirling.

Seem to be some misconceptions about lowland league.

7 minutes ago, clansman said:

Civil Service Strollers ground has one small stand along the North side with the dugouts on the South side. The ground has a capacity of 1,596 with around 100 of that being seated. The pitch was once part of a large playing field but work was carried out in 2015 to provide cover for spectators and enclose the ground. Floodlights were added in 2019 to meet SFA licensing criteria.

Doesn't sound like a cage.

Have had one home midweek fixture this season in July with one to come. 

Must have something about them as they are 10th on same points as recently relegated Albion Rovers and above former SPFL Berwick, Cowdenbeith and East Stirling.

Seem to be some misconceptions about lowland league.

I take your point (was just being facetious).

I would be excited to see how Talbot got on in the LL but my main point earlier was that it's dull AF to have yet another dafty suggesting that anyone lacking 100% enthusiasm for the LL return to the Junior grade.