WoSFL Premier Division thread

2 hours ago, Bellsdale Boy said:

There's can't afford and then there's not willing to bankrupt the Club to compete with ridiculousness happening elsewhere. 

Ewan Wilson went back to Motherwell and has started every game for them including at Hampden vs Rangers last weekend. He is a real prospect for the future at that level and I believe will go on to bigger and better Clubs. 

Of the 3 who left to go to Burgh / St Cadocs, they are all earning £20k plus in wages / SO Fees. There are a few Clubs who can compete with that and even some of those will be sensible enough not to as they'll have the sense to look long term and not chase short term success. 

Tbf Jackdaw is a bankies obsessed vile wee troll and i think the poster has simply bitten and given him a bit back, we all get the reality of the situation with Beith etc, it smacks of a complete lack of ambition for Diver to go to St Cadocs who literally have no fans. They are a shell entity but they are paying people eye watering wages that are not organically generated through the club and Beith albeit with help from i believe a local business were able to pay decent enough wages for a couple of years but nothing compared to what hes getting at St Cadocs, where tbh im hearing hes not even really setting the heather alight. 

33 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Tbf Jackdaw is a bankies obsessed vile wee troll and i think the poster has simply bitten and given him a bit back, we all get the reality of the situation with Beith etc, it smacks of a complete lack of ambition for Diver to go to St Cadocs who literally have no fans. They are a shell entity but they are paying people eye watering wages that are not organically generated through the club and Beith albeit with help from i believe a local business were able to pay decent enough wages for a couple of years but nothing compared to what hes getting at St Cadocs, where tbh im hearing hes not even really setting the heather alight. 

Diver didnt look happy getting fustraited running around no much support up top 

3 minutes ago, Bankie boy said:

Im sure his wages will cheer him up.

3 minutes ago, Bankie boy said:

I genuinely think the more direct style of beith playing it in nice and early to him through guys like Monti /rossiter/mason/frize/scullion/ suited divers game far better than st cadocs tippy tappy trying to emulate Barcelona's style.  

8 minutes ago, Bankie boy said:

Heard that he isnt impressing people throwing himself down a lot, doesnt seem to be able to hold the ball up well which clashes with how they like to play, Diver would be more effective in a more direct team playing balls into him. 

1 hour ago, Thejackdaw said:

I genuinely think the more direct style of beith playing it in nice and early to him through guys like Monti /rossiter/mason/frize/scullion/ suited divers game far better than st cadocs tippy tappy trying to emulate Barcelona's style.  

For once i agree with you lol that no last long🤣

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Heard that he isnt impressing people throwing himself down a lot, doesnt seem to be able to hold the ball up well which clashes with how they like to play, Diver would be more effective in a more direct team playing balls into him. 

Last night Diver had one moment when he got buy our defense and cut back to create the goal.

Beyond that, he hit a penalty that nearly ended up in the Cart, then when they had breaks to seal it when we were chasing it, ballooned over. 

Callum Gow dealt with him really well, and he didn’t look as dangerous as he did when playing for Beith with Monti sliding balls through. 

7 minutes ago, superpollok said:

To add, the St Cadocs player who would deserve their top wage of £650 a week would be their keeper. Won them the game. 

Hes probably on a fair whack.

Left a full time contract at QOS to sign for EK then St Cadocs .

1 minute ago, andy25 said:

Hes probably on a fair whack.

Left a full time contract at QOS to sign for EK then St Cadocs .

I did think he was a big signing for them too, but couldn’t recall where he came from

Best goal keeping performance I have seen for a long time.

Except the wasting time from 30 mins in. 

43 minutes ago, superpollok said:

To add, the St Cadocs player who would deserve their top wage of £650 a week would be their keeper. Won them the game. 

I thought we were the league's highest payers ... that's no fair

3 hours ago, superpollok said:

Last night Diver had one moment when he got buy our defense and cut back to create the goal.

Beyond that, he hit a penalty that nearly ended up in the Cart, then when they had breaks to seal it when we were chasing it, ballooned over. 

Callum Gow dealt with him really well, and he didn’t look as dangerous as he did when playing for Beith with Monti sliding balls through. 

Agree with all of that. Gowser played him brilliantly which probably contributed to Diver looking frustrated for most of the evening. 

Seen him last season and have to agree that he looked far more at home in that Beith side. Speaks volumes that he looked at his most dangerous last night when St Cadoc's started throwing balls in behind on the break. 

18 hours ago, Dean Learner said:

Agree with all of that. Gowser played him brilliantly which probably contributed to Diver looking frustrated for most of the evening. 

Seen him last season and have to agree that he looked far more at home in that Beith side. Speaks volumes that he looked at his most dangerous last night when St Cadoc's started throwing balls in behind on the break. 

Diver was well marshalled by Gowser but he’s a danger man who I would still take in a heartbeat for Lok-especially with the family connection.
agree about the keeper-he was superb and looks to be one of the best in the league.Saved them time and time again last night.

On 15/08/2024 at 01:43, GordonS said:

JFHC, imagine thinking I didn't know that. Didn't the fact my bio says I support Linlithgow Rose not make you think I might know the difference between Bo'ness Athletic and the durty BU? Did you really think I went to a game and didn't know who I was watching? Bloody hell.

Regardless, the point - which was really obvious - was that I watched Beith in an important game against pretty lowly (thought rising) opposition and they were clearly weaker than the top end of the Lowland League.

I mentioned St Andrew's too, they're not in the Lowland League either. Did that not make you think?

I had no idea who you are or what team you support. I don't have the time or inclination to read the autobiography of everyone on here whose posts I read or react to.

As this is the WoSFL forum I probably guessed you were there as a Beith supporter.

I'm just a feeble minded simpleton who misinterprets what people mean when they write stuff and clearly the point you were trying to make was far too subtle for my addled mind to decipher.

Guess I'd best just stick to sookin' Werther's Originals for a bit until the next time I misunderstand another convoluted piece of text, eh?

Edited by archieb