WoSFL Premier Division thread

59 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Match will be replayed.

Last season Threave were leading 3-2 at Lanark, when a young Lanark player was injured and game stopped. This was in 92nd minute. Match was replayed and result was 2-2. Threave missed out on promotion by those 2 points.

Replay inevitable.

Darvel v Cumnock was abandoned very late into the game last year if I recall due to a medical emergency. 

Was that game then replayed? 

Personally, I still find it mental that games in Scotland (or England) can't simply be finished on another date. It's a pretty normal thing to happen in basically any country on the European continent. I have always been so used to that being the norm that I was quite surprised when I found out it never happens over here.

25 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Darvel v Cumnock was abandoned very late into the game last year if I recall due to a medical emergency. 

Was that game then replayed? 

I couldn't tell you I'm afraid. If not then shows double standards from WOS management. The result of that Lanark-Threave match directly affected which club was promoted to Div2 last season. Bellshill finished 2 points clear of Threave who had a superior goal difference.

I dont know when the Darvel-Cumnock match was abandoned and if the result would have an impact on final league placings. But surely this early in season there can't be a decision that result stands after 80 or so minutes.

Will be interesting to see outcome of it, Threave will be.

22 minutes ago, KirkyRobRoy said:

Yes, would expect a replay will happen

Of more interest is whether the red card will stand? 

I would assume disciplinary things would still stand. Which means the ref still had a big report to write as loved a card. 

1 hour ago, superpollok said:

I would assume disciplinary things would still stand. Which means the ref still had a big report to write as loved a card. 

Im sure the red is scrapped as game is effectively a non event? 

If that is the case Pollok onto a winner, down to 10 men and down a goal.   Discipline once again looks a big issue for Pollok 

It is a hard one for me in terms of should a game be stopped, if it isn’t directly interfering with the game I.e a player why can the supporter not be attended to in the ground? I am sure with their license Cumnock will have relevantly qualified first aiders at the match to attend to fans? 

good thing is the fan is ok (going with reports) however should the game be stopped? 

2 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

If that is the case Pollok onto a winner, down to 10 men and down a goal.   Discipline once again looks a big issue for Pollok 

It is a hard one for me in terms of should a game be stopped, if it isn’t directly interfering with the game I.e a player why can the supporter not be attended to in the ground? I am sure with their license Cumnock will have relevantly qualified first aiders at the match to attend to fans? 

good thing is the fan is ok (going with reports) however should the game be stopped? 

Im pretty sure bookings & sending offs still count in an abandoned match.

35 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Curious myself .

Conscious lucid. 

Take indoors in wheelchair and call ambulance and continue on with the game to a conclusion. 

Seems bizarre game was abandoned. 

16 minutes ago, Parkranger said:

Curious myself .

Conscious lucid. 

Take indoors in wheelchair and call ambulance and continue on with the game to a conclusion. 

What's bizarre is your absolute sick comment about the guy who needed medical attention.  The lowest of the low comment.  It doesn't bothered me you or the others dislike me or that you constantly red dot me even when Facts confirm I'm correct, it means that I anger you 😉 but you did make me sick by your comment, absolute horrendous, imaging he was on here or a member of his family and reading your comment

59 minutes ago, Parkranger said:

Curious myself .

Conscious lucid. 

It took a long time for the poor guy to become conscious and lucid. As said elsewhere he was being treated by the two physios and a linesman (presumably he was medically trained).

As for a wheelchair/stretcher/first aiders other than the team physio, those are questions for Cumnock.

2 minutes ago, mtln said:

It took a long time for the poor guy to become conscious and lucid. As said elsewhere he was being treated by the two physios and a linesman (presumably he was medically trained).

As for a wheelchair/stretcher/first aiders other than the team physio, those are questions for Cumnock.

Am I right in thinking that with a licence there are required to be named first aiders available at every home fixture together with the relevant equipment to deal with situations such as this-presumably the Cumnock first aiders a with stretcher  etc came to help the supporter?

Given clubs at our level don’t have an ambulance crew or a plethora of first aiders in the ground. It’d be difficult for one first aider to help an unconscious person. 

In this case both physios and the lino (apparently a doctor) was attending to the gent who took unwell. So it directly impacted the game. Assume it must have went on for a length of time that the ref deemed it unsafe for players to continue as they may be at risk of injury returning to play after a lengthy stoppage

6 hours ago, ibenji said:

Given clubs at our level don’t have an ambulance crew or a plethora of first aiders in the ground. It’d be difficult for one first aider to help an unconscious person. 

In this case both physios and the lino (apparently a doctor) was attending to the gent who took unwell. So it directly impacted the game. Assume it must have went on for a length of time that the ref deemed it unsafe for players to continue as they may be at risk of injury returning to play after a lengthy stoppage

I may be wrong but I thought having a licence required the presence of first aiders at every home fixture available to deal with situations like this?

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

I may be wrong but I thought having a licence required the presence of first aiders at every home fixture available to deal with situations like this?

The requirement for Licensing at Entry Level is to have two people at the club with the Scottish FA'S National Sports First Aid Certificate.

I am unsure if that certificate qualifies those people to assess and treat a person with a major medical emergency which is not sports-related.

7 minutes ago, glensmad said:

The requirement for Licensing at Entry Level is to have two people at the club with the Scottish FA'S National Sports First Aid Certificate.

I am unsure if that certificate qualifies those people to assess and treat a person with a major medical emergency which is not sports-related.

My understanding is that it doesn't. I did have a 1st aid qualification through work (now lapsed). Maybe this is something the league can look into delivering. They could cover the cost and get clubs to send a representative to attend. Given the waits on ambulances etc then maybe this would help.

I raised at our AGM this year that clubs should have a 1st aider with visible signs around the ground to show where to access this. Think this should be standard across the league licence or no licence.