WoSFL Premier Division thread

On 08/12/2022 at 23:35, Ginaro said:

Imagine getting so worked up because you didn't get a clean header that you end up getting sent off, what a muppet.

Is it common practice nowadays to keep a yellow card in the hip pocket and a second yellow card in the breast pocket alongside the red card?  Or just this fella?

On 03/01/2023 at 15:50, Spyro said:

Linlithgow are probably the last of the East teams capable of doing what Tranent (and Bo'ness to a lesser extent) have done. Jeanfield and Penicuik have potential to be promoted but don't have the type of support or backing as these teams. 

Although, even as a Penicuik boy, Jeanfield are by FAR the best footballing team in the East if you want to watch as a neutral. They have (or at least did have) a few of the Scotland Futsal team in their squad so they can burst into some really silky stuff at times! 

Apart from that, there's around 10 West teams that will go up and establish themselves before much changes in the east tbh

Exactly this post!

Linlithgow are a very big club in Scottish non League terms and would be a great addition to the Lowland League - hopefully at the end of this season.

Very well run, decent crowd, great facilities etc etc and (potentially) Darvel aside, it just seems like it's their time.

Beyond that, unless an EOS club starts throwing money at it, or they open up a second promotion spot into the Lowland, I can only see West Clubs being promoted for the foreseeable future, especially now they are getting their Club licenses intact.

7 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Have you not just contradicted yourself by scheduling Glenafton v Petershill for the 18th meaning Glenafton will have 4 home games in a row since 30th December, including 3 in 10 days?

Following consultation with both Glenafton Athletic and Auchinleck Talbot on the 4 home game scenario, both clubs have now been given a midweek fixture on Wed 18th January.

4 minutes ago, Kennie said:

Following consultation with both Glenafton Athletic and Auchinleck Talbot on the 4 home game scenario, both clubs have now been given a midweek fixture on Wed 18th January.

That's fair enough, whatever method you are using to set fixtures has to be consistent, and to post that Talbot couldn't play 4 home games in a row but Glenafton could was just plain wrong.

6 hours ago, peasy23 said:

I'm not for a minute saying it's an easy job. Glenafton v Petershill was originally scheduled for 22nd April and was brought forward and was then postponed. There's no reason it couldn't revert back to that date as none of the cups are scheduled to be played then.

Glenafton v Petershill was not scheduled for 22nd April. That was Petershill v Glenafton. It was originally moved from that date to give both teams a game on 7th January. This in turn was postponed due to the West of Scotland Cup. It has been returned to the original date of 22nd April.

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

That's fair enough, whatever method you are using to set fixtures has to be consistent, and to post that Talbot couldn't play 4 home games in a row but Glenafton could was just plain wrong.

I was asked why Talbot weren't given a game and answered that. Glenafton weren't given a game for that same reason. But since then things changed and both teams now believe their pitches will be ok with the added home fixture.

On 01/01/2023 at 22:00, FairWeatherFan said:

Two legged playoff.

Regarding the playoff

Checking with the rules in place

1.  If the Lowland League does not lose a club on net to the SPFL, the worst placed non-B team will be relegated. If the Lowland League gains a club on net then the second worst non-B team will also be relegated. However if the Lowland League loses a club on net to the SPFL, no team will be relegated.

Hypothetically

If the Lowland league champions win the Championship playoff then the LL champions are promoted to the SPFL2 and the relegated team, for talking sake, is relegated to the Highland league.  This will make the Lowland league short with only 15 league teams, (leaving B teams out of this). This would then mean that both bottom clubs in the Lowland are NOT relegated and the winners of the tier 6 playoff are promoted to make up team 16. 

My question is there a permutation that the winners of the tier 6 playoff are not promoted?    I don't think there is but just double checking

43 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Regarding the playoff

Checking with the rules in place

1.  If the Lowland League does not lose a club on net to the SPFL, the worst placed non-B team will be relegated. If the Lowland League gains a club on net then the second worst non-B team will also be relegated. However if the Lowland League loses a club on net to the SPFL, no team will be relegated.

Hypothetically

If the Lowland league champions win the Championship playoff then the LL champions are promoted to the SPFL2 and the relegated team, for talking sake, is relegated to the Highland league.  This will make the Lowland league short with only 15 league teams, (leaving B teams out of this). This would then mean that both bottom clubs in the Lowland are NOT relegated and the winners of the tier 6 playoff are promoted to make up team 16. 

My question is there a permutation that the winners of the tier 6 playoff are not promoted?    I don't think there is but just double checking

Promotion is guaranteed as long as there's a licensed champion. 

On 11/03/2022 at 17:06, allyg1977 said:

Typical of mick Kennedy who doesn't know how football works that's why Darvel will never be successful if talbot want a player they will get them don't need him or is money men to mention talbot talbot are a successful team on the pitch and off it and have been for many years without getting involved in who can pay what players come to us to play for the jersey not the money

Really 🤣

On 11/03/2022 at 17:13, allyg1977 said:
On 11/03/2022 at 07:39, Mkennedy said:
I know because Chris Strain told me, there had been several clubs in interested.
Two of the clubs were given permission to speak to David which they did. Talbot and Pollok. 

The club received 3 bids ours, Talbot and Pollok. All three have been rejected due to not meeting the clubs valuation. 

I’m on as my own name I don’t hide behind anything, I’ve said it before I’m not going to come to a public forum and make stuff. 

I won’t say anymore on the matter, good luck with the remainder of your season to the clubs you all support. 

You are a joke m8 why mention other clubs oh cause u think Darvel will be better than talbot nah that will never happen if talbot get a player it's because that player wants to play for a club that can win things unlike Darvel who throw money at ex pros u can throw all the money u want but learn from meadows Kilwinning and Glen's mistakes in the past and look where they are at and where talbot is now and always have been we can get players with or without ur input

This guy is too funny allyg1977 

hope 2023 you get something correct ✅

19 minutes ago, AM-1 said:

Petershill & Cambuslangs fate already sealed I reckon. God only knows what's going on at Somervell as that's 2 central defenders in recent weeks been let go from an already thin squad. 

I've saw my team take 14 goals off of both these teams of late and i would tend to agree that both will be away unless major surgery soon .

4 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

I've saw my team take 14 goals off of both these teams of late and i would tend to agree that both will be away unless major surgery soon .

I follow Camby but there is never ever any feedback on signings , club news or general supporter information which puts u off.