The George Galloway "Unity Party" thread

Ross.

2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Remember when Dennis Skinner was thrown out the house

To save time, The Beast never bothered taking his jacket off.

Sad he lived long enough to see his seat go to the Tories. Not that I'm wishing he was dead, but I bet he was.

45 minutes ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

You can't cancel me snowflake.

In the midst of all the other shite you've come out with this afternoon, this is the crowning turd in the pile. More than anything else, the use of "cancel" and "snowflake" in the same sentence should be enough to see the back of their author - irrespective of their other views. Get a fuckin grip ffs.

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Wasn't there a "political party" competition on here a few years back?

Someone should redo that. Would be a belter.. 

I think due to my popularity I could probably stand alone as an Independent and stand a chance. 

5 hours ago, velo army said:

Believing a vow made by, amongst others, a man who wasn't in parliament never mind government (G. Broon) really belongs on the calling cards of morons thread.

G Broon- if that is Gordon Brown :you are choosing to criticise people for believing that vow in 2014,  but appear to have not noticed that he remained an MP until 2015 and was part of much of the work that led to the Scotland Act 2016 : you are correct that he then stood down and retreated to his cave , only to reappear when the MSM needs a "lets revive federalism" irrelevance or SNP Bad moans.

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

G Broon- if that is Gordon Brown :you are choosing to criticise people for believing that vow in 2014,  but appear to have not noticed that he remained an MP until 2015 and was part of much of the work that led to the Scotland Act 2016 : you are correct that he then stood down and retreated to his cave , only to reappear when the MSM needs a "lets revive federalism" irrelevance or SNP Bad moans.

Aye I remembered that wrongly. I thought he'd stood down as an MP before that. However, he wasn't in power at the time and looked in no danger of returning to power. For all the bluster of my quoted post I actually don't imagine too many yes votes were converted to no votes by said "Vow". 

21 minutes ago, velo army said:

Aye I remembered that wrongly. I thought he'd stood down as an MP before that. However, he wasn't in power at the time and looked in no danger of returning to power. For all the bluster of my quoted post I actually don't imagine too many yes votes were converted to no votes by said "Vow". 

You're right, no one took it more seriously than any other "pledge". A nationalist red herring and excuse for this neverendum.

23 minutes ago, velo army said:

It's definitely done more harm to the Unionist cause no matter how few were persuaded by it. More evidence of saying anything, anything at all, to try to stop a yes vote. And the promises ultimately didn't happen - so it's not really a good look. 

Just now, Terry_Tibbs said:

neverendum.

It's not a "neverendum" it's a referendum everytime the people of Scotland vote for one, there should have been one last term quite legitimately.

It's like saying "never ending benefits" they are never ending because the majority of people don't vote to scrap them.

You talk some amount of pish and I know I shouldn't bite but still.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

It's not a "neverendum" it's a referendum everytime the people of Scotland vote for one, there should have been one last term quite legitimately.

It's like saying "never ending benefits" they are never ending because the majority of people don't vote to scrap them.

While that is echo chamber banter that literally does nothing for the cause. It's not funny or particularly clever, and the only c***s that nod along and repeat it have union Jack duvets and HRH the Queen jammies. They're all no voters no matter what

1 minute ago, 101 said:

It's a neverendum in the sense that rather getting on with the job and running the country the SNP administration has been running a scorched earth policy of running the country into the ground and blaming Westminster; in a deliberete attempt to engineer another referendum.

It's entirely normal and legitimate to have a referendum once in generation.

1 minute ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

It's a neverendum in the sense that rather getting on with the job and running the country the SNP administration has been running a scorched earth policy of running the country into the ground and blaming Westminster; in a deliberete attempt to engineer another referendum.

It's entirely normal and legitimate to have a referendum once in generation.

By what metric? The Swiss have referenda every year.

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

Never interrupt an opponent making a mistake. This election and any resulting referendum will be won or lost on either side winning the support of floating voters who can be convinced either way. These are likely to be turned away from “No” by hardcore loyalists ranting about how evil the EU is and how Scotland voted to be a region and so must forever be at the behest of Westminster. So, let them rant. Encourage them to make “No” look like the preserve of nutty, servile, hate-filled regionalist oddballs. The more “the union” is associated loudly and publicly with mad, staunch, SNP-obsessed c***s the better.

Just now, Antlion said:

Never interrupt an opponent making a mistake. This election and any resulting referendum will be won or lost on either side winning the support of floating voters who can be convinced either way. These are likely to be turned away from “No” by hardcore loyalists ranting about how evil the EU is and how Scotland voted to be a region and so must forever be at the behest of Westminster. So, let them rant. Encourage them to make “No” look like the preserve of nutty, servile, hate-filled regionalist oddballs. The more “the union” is associated loudly and publicly with mad, staunch, SNP-obsessed c***s the better.

The economics  and the SNP's track record of incompetence/financial irregularities make the case against nationalist independence.

People will vote on the basis of how independence will jeopardize their pensions, savings and mortgages.

1 minute ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

The economics  and the SNP's track record of incompetence/financial irregularities make the case against nationalist independence.

People will vote on the basis of how independence will jeopardize their pensions, savings and mortgages.

Or they'll vote against the Union because they don't have a pension, don't have any savings and can't get a mortgage due to the low wage economy and have nothing to lose.

Just now, Terry_Tibbs said:

The economic case against UK nationalist independence didn’t stop you championing Brexit. Tell us again how Scotland must accept the majority rule at Westminster. Shout it, loud and proud. Remind us all that we must remain under the incompetent and corrupt Tories for a generation.