OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

4 hours ago, paranoid android said:

It shouldn't be that hard for media types to see that Neilson was blowing third place, which would mean the club missing out on a lot of cash.

It doesn't really matter. It's Scottish fitba and everyone knows everyone else, so no coach should ever be sacked, basically. And if you're Hearts, Hibs, or Aberdeen and you sack a coach unless you're heading for relegation then you have to be ready to be called entitled and have fans of all the other clubs saying'I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY EXPECT!!!!'.

The thing that keeps coming up is that Hearts fans had it in for Neilson. I wouldn't argue with that in terms of the last couple of years, but it's quite a striking thing to say and it needs to be scratched beyond the surface.

Robbie Neilson played about 200 games for Hearts, was a cup winner and scored a famous winning goal for us in Europe. Match-going fans I knew always had a positive view of him, as, even if he wasn't the best player in the world, he was a 100%er every week. He then came in as coach and romped a Championship ahead of Hibs and Rangers in his first season.

If Hearts fans have a problem with a guy with that past with the club, it tells you things have been badly wrong.

The media talk about him as if he's some ex-Hibs player we were never going to accept.

5 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

It doesn't really matter. It's Scottish fitba and everyone knows everyone else, so no coach should ever be sacked, basically. And if you're Hearts, Hibs, or Aberdeen and you sack a coach unless you're heading for relegation then you have to be ready to be called entitled and have fans of all the other clubs saying'I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY EXPECT!!!!'.

The thing that keeps coming up is that Hearts fans had it in for Neilson. I wouldn't argue with that in terms of the last couple of years, but it's quite a striking thing to say and it needs to be scratched beyond the surface.

Robbie Neilson played about 200 games for Hearts, was a cup winner and scored a famous winning goal for us in Europe. Match-going fans I knew always had a positive view of him, as, even if he wasn't the best player in the world, he was a 100%er every week. He then came in as coach and romped a Championship ahead of Hibs and Rangers in his first season.

If Hearts fans have a problem with a guy with that past with the club, it tells you things have been badly wrong.

The media talk about him as if he's some ex-Hibs player we were never going to accept.

Aye, but he was a right whinging b*****d though 😆

8 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I think it tells you more about Hearts fans.

I'm not sure that moving a player on to make the coach's life easier (if that is actually what has happened) is great management - some would say it's better to try to get the player onside - what do I know?

Interesting that Naismith is using the word 'suspension' - would that not imply some sort of breach of discipline, etc?

If Naisy has moved Snod on for being celtic, then fair enough. 

The facts are that:

There was unrest in the dressing room; and

Snodgrass is emptied at the first opportunity.

That's a bad look for Snodgrass. 

9 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Interesting that Naismith is using the word 'suspension' - would that not imply some sort of breach of discipline, etc?

Is it not just a reference to the suspension as a result of his sending off?

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

If Naisy has moved Snod on for being celtic

But you'd* literally have to be a screaming mental case (for which read, an Old Firm fan) to believe anything so idiotic.

* Not you personally.

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

I'm not sure that moving a player on to make the coach's life easier (if that is actually what has happened) is great management - some would say it's better to try to get the player onside - what do I know?

If Naisy has moved Snod on for being celtic, then fair enough. 

The facts are that:

There was unrest in the dressing room; and

Snodgrass is emptied at the first opportunity.

That's a bad look for Snodgrass. 

The bit in bold is what is pertinent I think. Naismith refusing to elaborate on it is actually him trying to not pin the blame on Snodgrass I think.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theyre honestly the weirdest bunch of supporters on Twitter in the world.

The very, very, very odd decent one but in general just a bunch of paranoid messes that think literally everything is about them. The Lintchenko boy who seems to be spending hours every day this week watching every Celtic/Rangers game to highlight wee pushes is right up there as one of the strangest people on twitter. 

FTFY

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

I generally agree that he had a great career at the club but once Romanov came in and started pissing money around, a lot of fans looked at the Left flank and wanted a Fysass. I remember the debates that raged on the old BBC boards that Neilson was useless and needed binning in favour of Ibrahim Tall. Still convinced some fans don't like him from then 

14 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

I generally agree that he had a great career at the club but once Romanov came in and started pissing money around, a lot of fans looked at the Left flank and wanted a Fysass. I remember the debates that raged on the old BBC boards that Neilson was useless and needed binning in favour of Ibrahim Tall. Still convinced some fans don't like him from then 

I think that was always over-blown. I'd been going to games regularly for about fifteen years by that point, and I can't think of anyone I know who disliked Robbie. Of course, we'd have all rather had a Takis on the right, but there's a difference between seeing room for an upgrade and a player not being popular.

Aside what some absolute roasters put on forums (and f**k me, those BBC boards were mental) it would be a re-writing of history to suggest he was an unpopular player.

Limited, of course, but it's not like he was Glen Whelan. Certainly more than enough credit in the bank for it to be quite an achievement to turn so many fans against him as a coach.

Edited by VincentGuerin

17 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Limited, of course, but it's not like he was Glen Whelan. Certainly more than enough credit in the bank for it to be quite an achievement to turn so many fans against him as a coach.

To be fair, Craig Levein was the finest defender I've seen playing for Hearts in almost half a century, and by the end of his managerial time at Tynecastle, I'd have tied an engine block to his ankles and chucked him in the Union Canal if I could have.

45 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

To be fair, Craig Levein was the finest defender I've seen playing for Hearts in almost half a century, and by the end of his managerial time at Tynecastle, I'd have tied an engine block to his ankles and chucked him in the Union Canal if I could have.

Which engine block? Asking for a friend.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Think it’s pretty obvious why snodgrass was binned but Naismith hasn’t articulated it well at all. 

I think he was trying to avoid hanging Snodgrass out to dry publicly - he had to talk about it as it was the elephant in the room, and he was asked about it, but he couldn't just come out and destroy the boy - I reckon Snoddy looks bad enough as it is. 

I do agree Naismith was a wee bit mealy-mouthed, but that must have been a tough thing to articulate in his first interview in the role - most managers/coaches interviews are the usual clichés in different orders.

Bit of a baptism of fire for Naismith, and he has a derby tomorrow - I think he just has to do what comes naturally, whatever that is.

Snodgrass must feel like a massive cock at the moment. 

3 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Snodgrass must feel like a massive cock at the moment. 

The thing with massive cocks is they usually have no self-awareness. Expect an "explosive" interview with The Daily Record about how he was shafted by the club at some point. Most likely before we play Celtic/Rangers.