Conspiracy Theories

Surely Big Oil would need to figure out a way to get people to drive more to make that work? You can only put a tanks worth in a motor and there can't be that many utter roasters filling up cola bottles. 

If we have passed peak oil it's more likely that oil derived fuels are going to be restricted so they can be used by militaries, merchant shipping and flying billionaire's child sex slaves around the world rather than burned up so folk can go to the BK drive through then up to Car Park In The Sky. 

Edited by Detournement

roasters filling up cola bottles. 

My mates brother used to work in a petrol station and you’d periodically get people trying to fill up non-standard receptacles, then being puzzled or raging when they weren’t allowed. His favourites were a saucepan and an empty crisp packet.

Every now and then the US will admit to having killed, tortured, and/or experimented on many of its own citizens, and it always seems to be met with the response of, "it's really awful to see what our government was doing to us in the past. Such a shame that this information was only released after the people responsible were dead/too old and gaga to prosecute*. Thank God those days are gone and all these state-sponsored policies and programs have ended."

Meanwhile, the spooks and federal government employees approaching retirement shuffle their feet nervously.

Edit: *or, even more worryingly, never broke any laws in the first place.

Edited by BFTD

I took a shared taxi in Uzbekistan a couple of years back and we ran out of fuel about six kilometres short of Termez. Luckily we weren't far from a petrol station and had stopped next to a cafe.

The driver went into the cafe and returned with four litre bottles of beer. After finishing our beer the now over-the-limit driver wandered down the road to fill the empties with fuel.

• 2 weeks later...

This video came up on my YouTube rotation yesterday. Explains in the first three minutes why nobody can prove the existence of Bigfoots and, I have to say, I'm right behind Biggie's quest for truth now.

5 hours ago, BFTD said:

This video came up on my YouTube rotation yesterday. Explains in the first three minutes why nobody can prove the existence of Bigfoots and, I have to say, I'm right behind Biggie's quest for truth now.

The truth will come out in the end Dave, hopefully.

Thank you.

5 hours ago, Detournement said:

BoE already talking about placing restrictions on digital currency effectively creating different categories of money. 

Eg. Money with a time limit before it expires, money that can't be exchanged for another currency, money that can only be spent on certain goods. 

Screenshot_2021-10-20-16-18-36-913_com.twitter.android.jpg

That's John Menzies vouchers you're thinking of.

5 hours ago, Detournement said:

BoE already talking about placing restrictions on digital currency effectively creating different categories of money. 

Eg. Money with a time limit before it expires, money that can't be exchanged for another currency, money that can only be spent on certain goods. 

Screenshot_2021-10-20-16-18-36-913_com.twitter.android.jpg

Not sure that would technically be money, although there's no single agreed definition of what money actually is. 

Finally the Tories get to issue food stamps to the feckless and look all modern and techy at the same time.