Conspiracy Theories

1 hour ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Heard/read something the other day about ISIS.

When they were at their peak and it was being reported that they were going about destroying historical sites and artefacts, they weren't actually doing this to any great extent but were actually punting the relics to rich collectors for funds, with the full knowledge of Western security services.

I’m sure this was covered or at least suggested at the time. Whether it was ISIS themselves doing it or if they turned a blind eye to local entrepreneurs doing it is unclear, bit of an overlap probably. I’m sure security services would be able to work out it was happening.

The certainly did destroy a large number relics and other sites. There are videos of ISIS fighters using pneumatic drills to systemically destroy artefacts in the Mosul Museum. Probably most of what they destroyed were mosques, they blew up pretty much every famous mosque in Mosul, including the one where Al-Baghdadi proclaimed their Caliphate 🤷‍♂️

45 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I’m sure this was covered or at least suggested at the time. Whether it was ISIS themselves doing it or if they turned a blind eye to local entrepreneurs doing it is unclear, bit of an overlap probably. I’m sure security services would be able to work out it was happening.

The certainly did destroy a large number relics and other sites. There are videos of ISIS fighters using pneumatic drills to systemically destroy artefacts in the Mosul Museum. Probably most of what they destroyed were mosques, they blew up pretty much every famous mosque in Mosul, including the one where Al-Baghdadi proclaimed their Caliphate 🤷‍♂️

0ee85fe1ed9cf8f1b3efba8598ba6f4c3e3ea0bb2716a84a049705c395d135e5_1.thumb.jpg.9441495a7d4d207621cf555d8c476fbb.jpg

Imagining a scenario where a P&Bers follows Fast Action level financial advice and smuggles themselves into ISIS era Syria to procure some priceless antiques only to be kidnapped by ISIS and have their literal beheading live streamed on the Heads Gone thread. 

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Imagining a scenario where a P&Bers follows Fast Action level financial advice and smuggles themselves into ISIS era Syria to procure some priceless antiques only to be kidnapped by ISIS and have their literal beheading live streamed on the Heads Gone thread. 

Activating my code phrase "seething mess' for my CIA handlers in my hostage video.

8 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Axe? you should be so lucky!

I did watch a video once where some guys were sat on a swingset and swung back and forth as some petrol underneath them was lit, but I was afraid if I said "swing" twice in the one post it wouldn't read very well.

6 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I did watch a video once where some guys were sat on a swingset and swung back and forth as some petrol underneath them was lit, but I was afraid if I said "swing" twice in the one post it wouldn't read very well.

Broomielaw?

On 29/08/2023 at 08:53, Salt n Vinegar said:

Oh FFS...

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/05/health/anti-vax-pets-gbr-scli-intl/index.html

Some of the anti-vax lot are now refusing to have their pets vaccinated.

"Daniella Dos Santos, the British Veterinary Association’s junior vice president, said the findings came as no surprise:

“Vets are deeply concerned about the creep of anti-vax sentiments into animal care. Our member survey found that 98% of vets have been questioned by clients about the need for vaccination.”"

Shadow arrived with us and it looked like she hadn't had vaccinations(didn't bother rather than consiprcy I'm assuming). There'd been rumours of a couple dogs in area having parvo and one had died.

Assumed it was usual FB gossip but when I took her to the vet she confirmed it as had been the practice treating one. One dog couldn't have vaccines due to medical condition but she was saying anti Vax had seeped into this area. Kept them both in until shadow had her second round.

On 02/09/2023 at 21:43, Miguel Sanchez said:

You don't hear much about ISIS nowadays.

Think management dropped them after their difficult 2nd Caliphate. Probably be a comeback stadium tour in about 30 years, and loads of angsty teens walking aboot in ISIS teeshirts their maws bought in Primark.

I can understand why conspiracy theories about 9/11 exist. Speculating about who was responsible for it and why makes some sense because of the sheer scale of the event and the preparation that must have gone into it. Along with it happening at a time when the internet wasn't ubiquitous and life in general wasn't as digitally catalogued and immediately observable as it is now, I can see why people might be sceptical. Especially when you consider the American presidency at the time and their subsequent foreign policy. 

What I really don't get is people who go in for saying there was no plane. Or it was a missile. Or it was lasers. I remember one (permanently stoned and or drunk) loser on another forum I post on saying years ago "it'd be like an aluminium drinks can hitting a brick wall" and you just think... how can you argue with these people? Are they so incapable of processing something so horrible that they just refuse to believe it could be possible, and will cling on to any alternative explanation no matter how stupid? People physically stood and watched planes flying. They were filmed. Yet you'll get people arguing otherwise. Wild.

On 03/09/2023 at 22:01, Boo Khaki said:

Think management dropped them after their difficult 2nd Caliphate. Probably be a comeback stadium tour in about 30 years, and loads of angsty teens walking aboot in ISIS teeshirts their maws bought in Primark.

The band Al Qaeda could have been 

6 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I can understand why conspiracy theories about 9/11 exist. Speculating about who was responsible for it and why makes some sense because of the sheer scale of the event and the preparation that must have gone into it. Along with it happening at a time when the internet wasn't ubiquitous and life in general wasn't as digitally catalogued and immediately observable as it is now, I can see why people might be sceptical. Especially when you consider the American presidency at the time and their subsequent foreign policy. 

What I really don't get is people who go in for saying there was no plane. Or it was a missile. Or it was lasers. I remember one (permanently stoned and or drunk) loser on another forum I post on saying years ago "it'd be like an aluminium drinks can hitting a brick wall" and you just think... how can you argue with these people? Are they so incapable of processing something so horrible that they just refuse to believe it could be possible, and will cling on to any alternative explanation no matter how stupid? People physically stood and watched planes flying. They were filmed. Yet you'll get people arguing otherwise. Wild.

I think there are also cover ups around the event and the whole situation that result in people not trusting the official version. 

Personally i think that the replacement of the official narrative with a deep state false flag narrative lacks evidence and logic and is a bit nuts. But i don't think it's that nuts, compared to likes of qanon or thinking that climate scientists made up global warming to get grants. 

There's a bit of murkiness about what the authorities knew and how, and what the involvement of the handler was with the security services. I think it's reasonable to question the official line on that. 

Personally I'm sceptical of the official narrative about the fourth plane and wouldn't be at all surprised if it had been shot down. 

I would be very surprised if Dick Cheney and Donnie Rumsfeld had sat down for a wee chat about Halliburton's share price and ended up hatching a plan to attack New York. 

But, you know they did anthrax themselves so it's not completely out there.