Sportscene watch

Same old shity format,   too much footage and over analysis from a handful of games and a quick scan through everything else.   Why is nobody getting BBC telt?   you have purchased the rights to show highlights of the round,  treat every team fairly or f**k off.

Edited by parsforlife

16 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Lassie doing the Livingston commentry annoyed me by describing the Livi free kick going into the postage stamp corner. Probably never posted  a letter in her puff. Postage stamp is top right. Free kick went in at the top left

She also kept on mentioning things that hadn't happened yet, which was annoying

She mentioned Bradley scored the freekick while he lined it up, and described Pittman's equaliser to make in 1-1 as the first of three we scored in the half 

1 hour ago, The Wrong Car said:

She also kept on mentioning things that hadn't happened yet, which was annoying

She mentioned Bradley scored the freekick while he lined it up, and described Pittman's equaliser to make in 1-1 as the first of three we scored in the half 

It’s the difference between a report and commentary. 

Commentary describes things as they happen. A report will generally tell you what’s about to happen, then show it. 

17 hours ago, The Master said:

It’s the difference between a report and commentary. 

Commentary describes things as they happen. A report will generally tell you what’s about to happen, then show it. 

The reports tend to be really shite anyway, but I think they're probably necessary for cup shows. Crazy that they used to do it for run-of-the-mill Premiership Sportscenes. 

Here's a Petty Thing That Gets On My Nerves: highlights not including every penalty of a penalty shoot-out. 

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Apart from anything else it shouldn't have the diagonal red bits

Since I first saw that flag I always assumed it was a Rangers supporter from Culloden rather than someone marking the Brit vs Brit battle over the superiority of the German royal lineage vs the Polish-Italian one.

But anything that gets @DA Baracusand @Ranaldo Bairn's plaids in a fankle works.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Since I first saw that flag I always assumed it was a Rangers supporter from Culloden rather than someone marking the Brit vs Brit battle over the superiority of the German royal lineage vs the Polish-Italian one.

But anything that gets @DA Baracusand @Ranaldo Bairn's plaids in a fankle works.

That's an entirely plausible explanation but an undeniably far more boring one

So I chose to ignore it

Steven Thompson taking all the intrigue out of the Hibs/Aberdeen highlights by confirming beforehand that Aberdeen got pumped and Goodwin punted.

I'd be fizzing if I had been out all day and settled down to watch the highlights not knowing what happened.

Bit of a shambles today opening with Hibs vs Aberdeen, but Thommo said before the highlights that "Jim Goodwin and Aberdeen had parted company after their defeat at Easter Road".

Why would he say that before the match highlights?

Edited by Ray Patterson

6 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I noticed that too but came to the conclusion you'd have to be living under a rock not to be aware of events that transpired at Easter Road today so I didn't think it was a big deal to be honest.

You might have been out of the house, or at work.

There's absolutely no reason for him to open with that. Bizarre and really amatuerish.

Edited by Ray Patterson