Sportscene watch

Only watched our game so far. 

this may sound bitter but analysing the Motherwell equaliser they just say ‘what a strike!’ And don’t mention the significant deflection it took. 

They also opened a section on Aberdeen having chances to snatch a late equaliser with the Ramirez chance early on when it was 1-0. 

15 hours ago, The Master said:

From what I could tell, Partick Thistle v Dundee Utd had 6 cameras - so must have been chosen as a "featured" game. Paul Mitchell was also at Firhill for the commentary.

The other games (except Annan, obviously) looked like they only had 3 cameras each, with off-tube commentary after the fact (cf. Liam McLeod having commentated on Motherwell v Aberdeen for Radio Scotland, then miraculously had a different commentary on the TV highlights). 

Yeah there was six cameras I think some were the QTV ones for PTTV though.

44 minutes ago, Ray Patterson said:

Yeah there was six cameras I think some were the QTV ones for PTTV though.

I don’t think they would have separate cameras. PTTV will have used the Sportscene feed.

In any case, my guess at six was based on the angles rather than being there to count them. 

Only watched our game so far. 
this may sound bitter but analysing the Motherwell equaliser they just say ‘what a strike!’ And don’t mention the significant deflection it took. 
They also opened a section on Aberdeen having chances to snatch a late equaliser with the Ramirez chance early on when it was 1-0. 
They also didn't include O'Hara skimming the top of the bar with a second half shot or either of Mugabi's or Donnelly's close range chances that very narrowly missed but did show various attempts (from both teams) that weren't as close.

On 10/02/2022 at 23:04, Marinello said:

Not sure if already mentioned but Tuesday  night's edition ripped ma' nitten.

There's me successfully staying away all night from commentaries , updates and keeping the mobile off so as not to hear the scores .

Put on Sportscene only to be told after Aberdeen game (1 st match)that they are now 9 th in league----- meaning Livi and SM have picked up points before even watching them !!

Interesting seeing as we didn't play until Wednesday night.

On 13/02/2022 at 17:23, The Master said:

I don’t think they would have separate cameras. PTTV will have used the Sportscene feed.

Yeah PTTV just used the Sportscene feed, I think they did the same for the match v Killie on TV a few weeks ago too.

On 09/02/2022 at 23:06, The Master said:

Are those graphics that show the stats during the manager interviews ever right? Apparently only 5,005 at Tynecastle tonight. 

Yeah it’s amazing the number of weeks where every game in the league has a completely even 50/50 share of possession. Absolutely no effort to find out the correct stats that are freely available from multiple sources on the internet. 

Just another factor that points to the complete lack of professionalism around BBC Scotland and it’s coverage of Scottish football. It’s such a basic error which has been repeated time and again over the years and will almost certainly happen again in the future. We can all see the difference in production values between Sportscene and Match of the Day, and in some ways it’s understandable in relation to viewing figures. However, Scottish license fee payers put the same amount in to the kitty as people in England, and really shouldn’t be accepting such a shoddy product in return for something that they are paying for. 

If Netflix or Amazon started producing shows with the production values of a high school play, then you would be within your rights to complain and/or stop paying for the subscription, and if enough people done that they would be forced to improve the product. The BBC should work in a similar way, but if you stop paying your TV license you will get sent a series of letters with the threat of a fine or being taken to court. It really is state backed extortion under the guise of a ‘world renowned broadcaster, with fair and balanced journalism envied across the globe’. I was going to say something in comparison to North Korea, but I think even Kim Jong-Un would think it too obvious sending Bonner to Celtic games every week using the publics money. 

On 19/02/2022 at 19:47, Gianfranco said:

Sportscene didn’t even show Motherwell’s penalty shout for a handball. The Aberdeen commentator thought it was a penalty during the game.

I think ALBA did the highlights for that game - hence why they had that weird 5th camera angle for the offside decision

On 19/02/2022 at 19:54, resk said:

When did interviewing fans outside the ground become a thing?  

Think they've started getting their new Apprentice/Trainee MMJ to do it.