Sportscene watch

15 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Not just sportscene, Scottish football's sycophantic pandering to the erse cheeks in general. You being an erse cheek fan will never understand it though, you're happy with the status quo.

I'll maybe listen to the occasional song of theirs if it's on the radio I suppose but I'm not their biggest fan.

Edited by bennett

14 hours ago, Fletchers Saucy Manbun said:

Are the BBC not allowed to send commentators to the grounds or something?

Totally bizarre watching that old firm derby commentated by a guy in a broom cupboard.

It's a pity that Simon Donnelly and Neil McCann weren't locked in a broom cupboard while Sportscene was being recorded.

On 04/09/2022 at 00:06, The Master said:

Also, on a more meta point - it seemed odd that Sportscene highlights and Sportscene live were using different graphics suites (new and old respectively). I'm going to take a punt and say that BBC Scotland need to keep using the old graphics on live games until BBC Englandshire show a live game. Either because the lords and masters in Salford don't want an outpost using the new graphics first, or because they don't exist yet - because the lords and masters don't realise they need to.

I think you give BBC Scotland too much credit here, because the intern in charge of the graphics almost certainly just went to the first file marked ‘Sportscene’ and started clicking aimlessly until something appeared on whatever software they use. I assume that’s what they do anyway, the show has the production values of a Nativity play in a Primary school. 

Simon Donnelly and Neil McCann the guest pundits this week :lol: because of course there needs to be an ex player from each of the Old Firm this week. Do they have Michael Stewart and John Hughes after an Edinburgh derby? 

Also how much longer are we going to need to tolerate James McFadden, who brings absolutely nothing to the table in terms of game or player analysis, and either repeats what has already been said or drones on until eventually tailing off without ever making a point.

19 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Simon Donnelly and Neil McCann the guest pundits this week :lol: because of course there needs to be an ex player from each of the Old Firm this week. Do they have Michael Stewart and John Hughes after an Edinburgh derby?

It should really be Levein and Stewart on to do the Edinburgh derbies. Hearts box ticked and Hibs box ticked.

😎

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...