COVID-19 In Scottish Football

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

If Jullien wasn't on the lads holiday how do they explain this?20210110_172146.jpeg

1 minute ago, Romeo said:
2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:
Julien, at least that’s the rumour

Was he in Dubai?

Unless he was just giving Lenny a kiss at the airport it would appear yes.

3 minutes ago, Romeo said:
5 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:
Unless he was just giving Lenny a kiss at the airport it would appear yes.

Bit pointless him being there, there wouldn't be much he could do in those "intense" training sessions.

He could join in the dominos and get a round or two in though.  

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It probably won't have to be every player who was in Dubai, but it is likely that there will be at least some close contacts. When Scotland U21 had their outbreak during the November break, there were a total of three positive tests, and a further eight players were asked to self-isolate due to being close contacts. The other players (presumably those sitting in a different part of the plane, bus, whatever) didn't have to self-isolate.

Out of interest, do you know who/how 'close contacts' are determined?

Just that I trust Celtic's judgment on this as much as I trust Capitol police to defend a building at minute.

37 minutes ago, Romeo said:

I'm sure everyone will be passing on their best wishes and hopes of a speedy recovery to the infected person.

I dont think anyone on here would wish anything other than the player's full and quick recovery.

That being said, it doesnt mean that Celtic cant be dragged over the coals for their pointless, self entitled jolly that has put their staff and players at additional risk and is a slap to the face of every football fan currently in lockdown.

The fact Celtic's trip also took away the opportunity to play some of their 3 games in hand in free midweek either side of this weekend is insane and shouldnt be overlooked.

Surely to f**k someone at the club would have known this trip was ill advised in the current situation. The fact they've had a positive test on the back of it means the club should get absolutely hammered for this, but I doubt they will.

Just that I trust Celtic's judgment on this as much as I trust Capitol police to defend a building at minute.
I think it's to do with proximity and length of time spent with the infected person.

For example in an office setting, you can be seated at least 2 metres away from someone but if you are sat there for 8 hours a day next to the person you are a close contact. Coughing, laughing, sneezing, is a way if the disease spreading, with or without a mask on.

6 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

That’ll be down to the NHS contact tracers so nothing Celtic can do there. I’m sure the rules for being on a plane with a positive case is anyone in the 2 rows in front and 2 rows behind will need to isolate so I’d imagine that will cover a few players. Then there’s the problem of the pictures showing that they were following social distancing at the start of the week so will they believe Celtic if they say they were at the end of the week? 

Unless there’s enough time for all of that to be worked out before the game there’s no way it should go ahead unless Celtic play their youth team

14 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I think it's to do with proximity and length of time spent with the infected person.

For example in an office setting, you can be seated at least 2 metres away from someone but if you are sat there for 8 hours a day next to the person you are a close contact. Coughing, laughing, sneezing, is a way if the disease spreading, with or without a mask on.

The club will have full control in reporting who was in close contact. If someone was sharing a room with the affected player, then they'd be a close contact. However, I'd imagine that the club would have put players in separate rooms to avoid this scenario.

On a scheduled flight it might be possible to get an "outsiders" input to seating arrangements etc. Although, even then the seating spacing seems to vary between different flights.

If it was a chartered flight then the club will have more control over the level of contact that they report. i.e. they can probably make it up as they go along.

Edited by FTOF

10 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

I think the requirements are the same as for the general public - more than 15 minutes within 2 metres, or some shorter period of time within 1 metre. In terms of how it is determined, I think clubs are required to provide seating plans for all transport and meals while the group is together. The SPFL judgement on Killie's case talked about examining these seating plans. I think the SFA doctor (or someone similar) was interviewed at some point and mentioned that they had actually taken photos at every meal and on the buses for this purpose.

However, I have no idea how it is policed. Like you, I would not be entirely surprised to see Celtic put forward a couple of "sacrificial lambs" as close contacts.

17 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

The fact Celtic's trip also took away the opportunity to play some of their 3 games in hand in free midweek either side of this weekend is insane and shouldnt be overlooked.

I've seen this said a few times, but all three of their games in hand already have scheduled dates so I don't see it as a massive concern compared to, you know, everything else that's going on.

14 minutes ago, Hibee_Hibernian said:

That’ll be down to the NHS contact tracers so nothing Celtic can do there. I’m sure the rules for being on a plane with a positive case is anyone in the 2 rows in front and 2 rows behind will need to isolate so I’d imagine that will cover a few players. Then there’s the problem of the pictures showing that they were following social distancing at the start of the week so will they believe Celtic if they say they were at the end of the week? 

Unless there’s enough time for all of that to be worked out before the game there’s no way it should go ahead unless Celtic play their youth team

So who’s going to determine that? Given that it was a Celtic-operated trip largely conducted out of the public eye, are we expecting them to cooperate in good faith and admit who was in close contact?

13 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

As a Celtic fan i can’t disagree and still bemused as to why it has been allowed to go ahead especially considering the condemnation of Bolingoli by the club. Yes Bolingoli also lied but fundamentally he took a trip abroad which unnecessarily put people’s health at risk, Celtic have also taken a trip abroad which has also unnecessarily put people’s health at risk and we now have a player ill who may not have contracted the disease if not for this trip.

Tone deaf puts it mildly and most Celtic fans are rightly putting the boot in as with how transmissible this disease it’s also highly unlikely we limit this to just 1 case.

The safety of everyone should be the primary concern and how do we ever expect to have football return to normal while trips like this are allowed to be sanctioned. We have made an absolute rip roaring c**t of this one. 

Well said