COVID-19 In Scottish Football

53 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

............has he gone? In one way you have to admire his persistence in basically writing the same post around 600 times over a few months, in another you have to be concerned why he suddenly seems to have hours and hours to spend on here continuously without a break, every few weeks. There must be a back story here.

I wonder if he is looking after an isolated hotel in Colorado?

1s7EwU.gif

14 hours ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Well, given Hearts and Thistle wanted it all to be public but the SPFL worked very hard to keep everything under wraps you'll have a long wait. You're right though. It was all perfectly normal. Nothing to see here 😃

Never mind, in 8 years time you'll have Paul Lambert saying Hearts should've just been fined for being shite and sitting bottom of the table, because the Scotland football team needed them in the top flight to give us 4 or 5 of their players.

1 hour ago, AngusTheBull said:

No surprise to see Neil Lennon outing himself as a complete and utter moron regarding spectator returning.

The no shouting/singing/chanting rule would be out the window.  Odds on it would be some sectarian shite breaking the no singing rule and no c**t from the SFA/SPFL or Scottish Govt, would admit to hearing it. And if the media brought it up, the erse cheeks would say it was just a small minority of the 300 crowd singing it.

2 hours ago, AngusTheBull said:

No surprise to see Neil Lennon outing himself as a complete and utter moron regarding spectator returning.

Hard to understand why, when he's under pressure after an embarrassing loss in Europe, he's playing to their moron gallery.

15 minutes ago, G51 said:

Does the delay in confirming whether the St Mirren - Hibs fixture is definitely on maybe point to there not being anything hard/fast in the protocols for dealing with multiple positive tests from one club?

Don't be so stupid. The authorities are just trying to figure out how to blame Anne Budge. 

Even before the fans return, what is the limit on how many positives at one club, can be allowed ? Seeing as the players are being tested regularly, are the fans happy for the games to continue ? What if the season can't finish, any new ruling on that from the SFA/SPFL ?  Personally think if we can get through to the end of 2020 without too many alarms, then the authorities may  just let things almost be normal again.

2 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Even before the fans return, what is the limit on how many positives at one club, can be allowed ? Seeing as the players are being tested regularly, are the fans happy for the games to continue ? What if the season can't finish, any new ruling on that from the SFA/SPFL ?  Personally think if we can get through to the end of 2020 without too many alarms, then the authorities may  just let things almost be normal again.

Don't think there are any rules for a limit of positive cases at one club. I also think that it's the Scottish Government who have the final say on it a game is cancelled or not. As far as I can make out, as long as clubs keep the potentially infected/exposed players away, games will go ahead unless the government steps in.

The SPFL proposed a rule that they'd be granted executive powers should the season be halted and/or be unable to he finished, but the clubs voted against it. Whilst I think that was probably correct, no alternative has so far been put forward, so it looks like we have to go with the same as last season, i.e. put it to the clubs to vote upon.

Guest 8GamesToGo
16 hours ago, kingjoey said:

............has he gone? In one way you have to admire his persistence in basically writing the same post around 600 times over a few months, in another you have to be concerned why he suddenly seems to have hours and hours to spend on here continuously without a break, every few weeks. There must be a back story here.

No story or mystery mate. I am genuinely disturbed by the way non-OF clubs and their fans turned on two of their own during a crisis the way they did. Came on here as the only general Scottish football forum I know of to try to understand the reasons. Got dog's abuse from the start. When that happens it's only polite to reply. More abuse = more replies.  Still haven't had any rational reason why fans of non-OF clubs who typically hate the OF and the SFA/SPFL suddenly took their side the way they did.

So now I come on now and again when something noteworthy happens that proves my consistent point throughout - that the league is run for the OF and the SPFL and SFA are incompetent.

I mean the latest thing that St Mirren have to play a game with no goalies for breaking no rules while Celtic and Aberdeen broke rules and got their games abandoned to both their advantages is even more ridiculous than the last ridiculous thing. How can anyone still back the SPFL over their running of this whole thing? It's mad.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

On 11/09/2020 at 16:40, LIVIFOREVER said:

The no shouting/singing/chanting rule would be out the window.  Odds on it would be some sectarian shite breaking the no singing rule and no c**t from the SFA/SPFL or Scottish Govt, would admit to hearing it. And if the media brought it up, the erse cheeks would say it was just a small minority of the 300 crowd singing it.

This is my suspicion that a lot of people are keen to have the shameful bigotfest go ahead with fans present because once you demonstrate that an OF game can be played behind closed doors during Covid you demonstrate that a OF game could be ordered to be played behind closed doors as a punishment for any wrongdoing e.g. crowd trouble, dodgy songs etc. And it may be be organisations other than the SPFL who would do the ordering.. 

Edited by tamthebam