Ross County v Dundee United

Delighted with the win, County were the better team in the first half and missed three good chances over the 90 minutes.  We upped the tempo as the game went on and Clark made a huge difference.  Seven points from four games is more than I could have hoped for and only one appearance by Shankland.

Great result, especially given the injury situation.

I had the absolute fear when I saw that line up. I really wondered where the goals were going to come from,  but fair play to MM, he has really worked well with wheat he has got so far.

Bolton looks absolute class, strong, fast and direct, with a decent touch and turn, and can actually beat a man and get a ball into the box. Has been instrumental in 2 out of our 4 goals this season so far.

Neilson looked superb when he came on, really calm and composed, unlucky not to set up a 3rd goal.

Fair play to Chalmers I’d say as well, looked really at home out there imo.

Fantastic finish by Clark to win it, but credit to the superb build up as well.

Not a failure amongst them today, huge workrate and good organisation.

Some better finishing and composure  on both sides could have seen the game being 4–4 tbh.

I think that Shankland would have had the class and composure to pop one of these missed chances away as well had he been here, but great to see that we can win without him as well.

He will be welcome back.

E.T.A - Nice to see Donaldson’s goal meaning f**k all. He’s still a c**t!

Edited by MacArab

4 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

If only he could finish a one-on-one he'd be class.

I was shiteing myself when Reid came off to leave Tremarco against Bolton.

Edited by Comrie

9 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I was shiteing myself when Reid came off to leave Tremarco against Bolton.

Strangely, Craigan said it was tactical as "Reid has been getting the run around from Bolton all day". 

Barring two long punts up and over, he looked really comfortable out there. 

Great three points that.

A few thoughts;

Our subs made a big difference, but Apperre put in a great shift, and the County defenders were tired when Clark came on

Pawlett was good - again. What a difference in him. Both he and Mellon should take tremendous credit. 

Mellon's post match interviews are joyous. Think you have to go back to Golac to hear someone talk so positively.

When Paton got booked for diving I think we might have got lucky. Looked like a penalty to me in the replays, although my initial reaction was 'dive'.

11 minutes ago, Steven W said:

When Paton got booked for diving I think we might have got lucky. Looked like a penalty to me in the replays, although my initial reaction was 'dive'.

Connolly leaves his leg out for Paton to run into, but he falls before any contact is made.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Strangely, Craigan said it was tactical as "Reid has been getting the run around from Bolton all day". 

Barring two long punts up and over, he looked really comfortable out there. 

Reid is no bad over the first couple of yards, but over a distance he's not that fast. He mostly did a good job on Bolton until those two punts. We got lucky when Bolton knocked one wide, despite Laidlaw being all over the place.

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

Connolly leaves his leg out for Paton to run into, but he falls before any contact is made.

It's one of those ones where if it had been Shankland going down from a lazy leg from Donaldson, you'd be screaming for it.