EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

1 minute ago, Devo said:

He's a top player, maybe you're biased because you're a Dundee fan.

No doubt he's a very gifted attacking full back. Defensively, he's poor. As was once again shown today - repeatedly. 

Probably not his fault teams attack his weakness. 

5 minutes ago, Devo said:

not necessarily his 'weaknesses', and if they are his weaknesses its funny how they don't get shown up very often

So they only get shown up when he  hasn't got cover, the goalkeeper isn't giving the ball away, the rest of his team aren't a rabble, he hasn't got a CM playing beside him and he isn't playing "the best team in Europe".

Sarcastic Premier League GIF by Liverpool FC

8 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
20 minutes ago, Jambomo said:
I am probably missing something obvious here but why are McBurnie and Fleck not joining in the huddle? 

They're gid Rainjurz men

No way? That’s the most pathetic thing I think I’ve ever heard 🤣 

"wasnt his fault" 

You might argue that Robertson is playing the percentages there. Trying to tackle a player in full flight in the penalty box is almost a no go these days. If he checks back to show Foden the outside he ghosts past him and gets time to pick out whoever he wants. If he keeps him where he is he is effectively saying you have to do something special to score from here, which he duly did but that doesnt happen every time.

He maybe has showed a him a bit too much room inside but I dont think its noteworthy terrible defending. It's certainly more a good goal than bad defending.

12 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Is that John Fleck opposite him too?

I've been really impressed with Peter Crouch as an analyst. Reckon he brings quite a bit of insight and explains the game in more detail than most...plus it's hard to NOT like the guy.

Towers above the rest, imo.

ETA: What is it about the EPL thread that brings out these must-reply-to-everything f******?

Edited by Jacksgranda

1 hour ago, Devo said:

Are you still on this?  Did he pump your missus or something?  

Seems it's fair game to relentlessly abuse certain players but not decent Scottish ones. You're only proving that point straight in with a defence of the defenceless. 

13 hours ago, Devo said:

I would say he did decent today and has been one of the few at Liverpool whose performance level hasn't dipped this season.  Not much he can do when left exposed like he was a couple of times today, that's what happens when you leave a fullback exposed against top players.

He was guff yesterday especially in the 2nd half. Foden destroyed him.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

1 hour ago, Devo said:

Except I haven't 'relentlessly abused' anybody. 

I'm hardly defending the defenceless anyway.

I never said you specifically, you replied to my post in which I said Robertson (and other Scottish players) are always bailed out in this forum when they shouldn't be. 

You are. You gave about 5 excuses why it wasn't his fault. 

I never said you specifically, you replied to my post in which I said Robertson (and other Scottish players) are always bailed out in this forum when they shouldn't be. 
You are. You gave about 5 excuses why it wasn't his fault. 
Heartening though when you go on a Scotland match thread and see no such courtesy afforded [emoji23]