EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

Remember when the English media used to tell us Foden was the natural successor to David Silva - that went well.
I don't remember David Silva playing the false 9 role. Foden isn't suited to it either. The difference in the team when he was moved into a more natural position was unreal.

Klopp was watching a different game to me. What point did they play well? He’s always giving Shreeves a hard time as well, had a go at him beforehand apparently as well, but it wasn’t in the interview when they showed it.

Something to be said for trying to take the heat off the players, but given the amount of recent defeats it's a bit hollow. Allison chucked the game away and you can't hide from that. Klopp's making a rod for his own back.

Yes Liverpool have had injury problems, bit they were fine early on when the problems were numerous. Losing Diogo Jota seems to be the one that's really killed them - the attack just looks insipid and slow, which is just strange given the pace that it possesses. 

There's middle ground between defending the players at all costs and chucking them under the bus a la Mourinho. 

He’s always giving Shreeves a hard time as well, had a go at him beforehand apparently as well, but it wasn’t in the interview when they showed it.

I can only assume Shreeves has previous for asking him a difficult question. As I posted earlier, he's a childish arsehole and therefore the perfect Liverpool manager.

No harm in saying it even though it's complete bollocks.   Foden's decent but he's not every remotely close to the skills and intelligence of Silva.  

Consistently, not yet, but the potential is there.
Silva would not have been better than Foden today....