Musselburgh Athletic FC 2020-21

17 minutes ago, Crow said:

Harsh one for big Ryan. I’ve watched it 4/5 times and can’t tell which part of the body it him on. Guess his arms were both up outside the box.

2nd pen defender sliding in with an arm up it’s always likely to be given. 

It was the linesman call - not sure he had a better view than the cameraman. Inconclusive. Play on. 

The arm that was slightly raised was a momentum movement. And in the 100th + minute. Harsh! Referee was itching to give it!

18 minutes ago, Passthebaw said:

It was the linesman call - not sure he had a better view than the cameraman. Inconclusive. Play on. 

The arm that was slightly raised was a momentum movement. And in the 100th + minute. Harsh! Referee was itching to give it!

I saw the referee consulting with his assistant assumed he was checking if outside the box or not.  The ref surely saw  better where it struck. 

Definitely harsh and emotions clearly running very high but I can see why it was given. The refs there to apply the rules whether 1st minute or the 100th. 

2 hours ago, Passthebaw said:

I'm trying to be impartial 😁 Stonewall first penalty. Very harsh sending off for the goalkeeper. Even harsher 2nd penalty. Shocker of a pitch.

2 hours ago, Crow said:

Harsh one for big Ryan. I’ve watched it 4/5 times and can’t tell which part of the body it him on. Guess his arms were both up outside the box.

2nd pen defender sliding in with an arm up it’s always likely to be given. 

Good job you're not a referee then! It clearly hit the goalkeeper's arm (you can see it go backwards after the ball makes contact) and it was denying a goal so a correct red card.

Second penalty is the only wrong decision in the highlights. On first viewing I thought it might've hit the players arm that was behind him.

However if you watch it frame by frame the it's clear that the ball hit the players back and dropped down without touching his arm - see screenshots. You also notice how none of the three Wick players in view claim for the penalty.

Even if it did hit the players arm behind him, then the referee must be careful as it is not a handball offence if the arm is between the body and ground to support the body (so long as it's not extended laterally or vertically away from the body). The referee has made big mistake here...

RWI8E50Q3RVY8SFZLVKE.jpg

vlcsnap-2020-12-22-21h45m49s904.png

vlcsnap-2020-12-22-21h46m03s625.png

Edited by Ginaro
better photo of the gk handball

12 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Good job you're not a referee then! It clearly hit the goalkeeper's arm (you can see it go backwards after the ball makes contact) and it was denying a goal so a correct red card.

Second penalty is the only wrong decision in the highlights. On first viewing I thought it might've hit the players arm that was behind him.

However if you watch it frame by frame the it's clear that the ball hit the players back and dropped down without touching his arm - see screenshots. You also notice how none of the three Wick players in view claim for the penalty.

Even if it did hit the players arm behind him, then the referee must be careful as it is not a handball offence if the arm is between the body and ground to support the body (so long as it's not extended laterally or vertically away from the body). The referee has made big mistake here...

RWI8E50Q3RVY8SFZLVKE.jpg

I certainly wasn’t disagreeing on the red Ginaro. Photo conclusive ! 

Good detective work on the 2nd pen 👍.

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

RWI8E50Q3RVY8SFZLVKE.jpg

That goalkeeper photograph is still not conclusive. It could be 3 feet away from his arm. It could be going to the left or right as I suspect it did and hit Ryan's chest. You simply cannot tell if the ball is about to hit Ryan's arm from a lense more than 50 metres away. 

That aside, still treated very shabbily. 

Anyway, moving on, Musselburgh can bounce back versus Blackburn on Boxing Day in a rearranged league game. 

1 hour ago, Passthebaw said:
2 hours ago, Ginaro said:

That goalkeeper photograph is still not conclusive. It could be 3 feet away from his arm. It could be going to the left or right as I suspect it did and hit Ryan's chest. You simply cannot tell if the ball is about to hit Ryan's arm from a lense more than 50 metres away. 

Unless the ball is about to do a 90 degree turn to the right then it's not going to hit his chest. :lol: I had posted the following screenshots earlier but replaced it with the photo above as I thought it was clearer in terms of showing the distance the ball was from the body. I think everyone is in agreement that this is handball...

vlcsnap-2020-12-22-21h37m10s576.png

vlcsnap-2020-12-22-21h37m18s268.png

9 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Unless the ball is about to do a 90 degree turn to the right then it's not going to hit his chest. :lol: I had posted the following screenshots earlier but replaced it with the photo above as I thought it was clearer in terms of showing the distance the ball was from the body. I think everyone is in agreement that this is handball...

vlcsnap-2020-12-22-21h37m10s576.png

vlcsnap-2020-12-22-21h37m18s268.png

From what we saw in the brief highlights and what has been said by players and committee members, Burgh have every right to be angry at decisions covering the tie at Wick.

But we need to move on from it and this will start on Boxing Day with a rearranged home league match against Blackburn.

1 minute ago, Casey Jones said:

From what we saw in the brief highlights and what has been said by players and committee members, Burgh have every right to be angry at decisions covering the tie at Wick.

But we need to move on from it and this will start on Boxing Day with a rearranged home league match against Blackburn.

I’ll be honest judging by the uproar on social media I was expecting far worse from the highlights. High stakes but seems like a big over reaction.

No harm in asking. Don't blame them, who wants to sit on a bus all day on Boxing Day with no fans at the game anyway? No difference to either side playing it on the Sunday or Monday. They could be staying in Wick getting dragged round the sales at Poundland with a hangover!

Edited by welshbairn

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

No harm in asking. Don't blame them, who wants to sit on a bus all day on Boxing Day with no fans at the game anyway? No difference to either side playing it on the Sunday or Monday. They could be staying in Wick getting dragged round the sales at Poundland with a hangover!

If it keeps up. Frost may be on wicks side 😡