The 'yer da' element of your support

6 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

On the opposite side of the spectrum, I have a football hipster mate who is into all manner of football podcasts and quotes stuff like Why England Lose all the time. We’ll be in the pub after games, sometimes with other mates’ actual da’s and this guy will be piping up about XG and packing stats or whatever.

I’m probably closer to him than the auld yins in terms of how I view the game but I’m still tempted to pretend otherwise and call him a poof or something.

A St. Johnstone fan perchance? 

54 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

A St. Johnstone fan perchance? 

Please don't. I enjoy statistics like xG in terms of performance of teams and players, but I'll never post stuff like this...

I'm quite happy to admit I'm a "da" when at the match though. Id likely get chucked out if I were allowed into a restricted crowd as theres zero chance im not up shouting if someone stolen yards at a throw in.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Please don't. I enjoy statistics like xG in terms of performance of teams and players, but I'll never post stuff like this...

I'm quite happy to admit I'm a "da" when at the match though. Id likely get chucked out if I were allowed into a restricted crowd as theres zero chance im not up shouting if someone stolen yards at a throw in.

Do you fire out SPFL stats on Twitter? Would be interested.

16 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

On this subject what is a football hipster?

Is it a w****r who quotes Inverting the Pyramid and talks about XG?

Is it an #AMF w****r who despises the champions league, premiership and is more interested in 90s kit chat.

I'm definitely the second kind of w****r

The type I was thinking of falls firmly in the first category. I’d say being AMF is closer to football da territory but cutting about in 90s kits could probably be in the middle of a Venn diagram for both groups.

16 hours ago, GAD said:

I always thought being an AMF type was a bit "yer da" to be honest (I also fall into this camp). The XG guys are the boring VLs who have no interest in the fun aspects of watching foot ball.

I've always thought football hipsters are the guys who like German football (support Union Berlin) and talk about Enganches and Liberos.

I like German football and have been to three Union Berlin games. I guess this proves everyone is either yer da or a hipster to somebody.

3 hours ago, The Saintee said:

"We should sign that laddie from over in Spain who's no very happy at his club.......ha,ha,ha!"

With a photoshop of him in the strip of the da's club.

Edited by DA Baracus

I was at a Newcastle game in 2012 and there was a wonderful collective Da moment as the referee was pacing out the distance for a defensive wall... and only counted nine yards. The entire stadium erupted as 50,000 Geordie Das proved they'd been sitting there counting as he walked, just to keep him honest

7 minutes ago, Empty It said:
2 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:
Daft wee guys in stone island, gazelles and bucket hats who claim to be against modern football are surely contenders for this sort of behaviour.

Bucket hats should make you a contender for public execution tbf.

Come on, man. Accies can't take a hit like that on home gates 😆

32 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Call for 'pay as you play' contracts for certain players, despite such things not actually existing (or if they do are exceptionally rare).

Yep, if clubs don’t do due diligence on potential targets and end up signing a permacrock then that’s on them.  See The Caley and Sean Welsh.

Or the other scenario where a club is looking to sign some mid 30’s ex Scotland international who is probably still wanting 5 large a week so the fans of the club he’s been linked with give it the PAYP shouts.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Call for 'pay as you play' contracts for certain players, despite such things not actually existing (or if they do are exceptionally rare).

"Sack him! If I don't do my job I'd get sacked...no questions asked!"

"Why does he not do the decent thing and walk away, I would!"

When a player who has had a long term injury that AFC want to stay is nearing the end of his contract , yer da types will spout off nonsense about the player being obliged to show  some loyalty as the club stood by him while he was injured.... as if the club would somehow have been within their rights to tell the player to fvkk off and sort out his injury problems himself