The 'yer da' element of your support

This could apply to a lot of clubs but there's a certain club whose support mostly consists of torn faced seething yer da types who think they should be in the Premier because they won the cup twice in the Nineteen Canteens but have actually been mostly shite for the last 50 years and in some ways are lucky to still be in existence.

And they're not the Bairns btw...!

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

There's boomers near where I sit who nearly give themselves a brain haemorrhage when an opposition player doesn't take a throw in at the exact spot, to the millimetre, where the ball went out of play.

A particular favourite of mine, this, combined with folk that are convinced that every throw-in taken has been a foul throw. Vein and eye popping rage.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

This could apply to a lot of clubs but there's a certain club whose support mostly consists of torn faced seething yer da types who think they should be in the Premier because they won the cup twice in the Nineteen Canteens but have actually been mostly shite for the last 50 years and in some ways are lucky to still be in existence.

And they're not the Bairns btw...!

You mean Hearts, don't you?

Airdrie would be my guess.

*edit to add, for great entertainment value, esp when your team is winning, Airdrie and St Mirren fans are the best moaners i've had the pleasure to witness, opposition players and fans, officials, and esp their own players, get absolute pelters off them all game.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Young players with skill, and quite often their hair fully or partially dyed, are "popstars" when going through a poor run of form and should be fired off to Cowdenbeath or some other hellhole to toughen them up.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

I think this admittedly more tends to be younger people, but replying directly to the official account on Twitter when the line-up is announced for a game. It's usually stuff like "Where's [Insert Player Name]?" or folk asking the person running the account what the formation is going to be. It's like some folk think that the manager is also running the social media accounts and are expecting him to reply to them. If you want to moan or ask stupid questions about a line-up, you should do it on a forum. 

On 05/09/2020 at 22:23, tamthebam said:

At Edinburgh City, as is quite common with other wee clubs, there are actual players' dads who would qualify.

Last City game I was at, Blair Henderson's dad had an absolute heads gone because a Queens Park fan said he had dived (he quite obviously had). Was pretty weird.

Anyway, this probably applies to more than just Thistle, but the Thistle da's all seem to think that applauding the fans is an acceptable substitute for being vaguely competent at playing football. 

2 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Young players with skill, and quite often their hair fully or partially dyed, are "popstars" when going through a poor run of form and should be fired off to Cowdenbeath or some other hellhole to toughen them up.

This would be even funnier if you could see photos of these guys in their 20s. We're talking  perms, like what ladies get, blonde highlights and feather cuts.

I recall them bring called big jessie biscuits by their brylcreemed, chainsmoking predecessors. 

A good spell in the Army was the solution offered in those days. A softer option than Cowdenbeath nowadays 😆

8 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

This would be even funnier if you could see photos of these guys in their 20s. We're talking  perms, like what ladies get, blonde highlights and feather cuts.

I recall them bring called big jessie biscuits by their brylcreemed, chainsmoking predecessors. 

A good spell in the Army was the solution offered in those days. A softer option than Cowdenbeath nowadays 😆

Here is a picture of your quintessential "pop star" footballer who the McEwans Export Loyal will hate.

2_Airdrie_v_Bohemians_sw5.thumb.jpg.9b35b29788033361c3a3f307c54ba51f.jpg

13 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Here is a picture of your quintessential "pop star" footballer who the McEwans Export Loyal will hate.

See, the da's da's would think, hmm, nice short back and sides. Total absence of facial hair. Plays with a smile on his face. Good lad.

Although, a firm handshake is fine, son. Calm the f**k down.

55 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
2 hours ago, Szamo said:

Missing the full sleeve tattoo that'd really send yer da over the edge.

A pair of gloves would probably suffice.

Neil Lennon did nothing wrong and was gonna lead us to perpetual top three finishes is a big rallying point for the Hibs das. As is using the term 'Hibs class' and buying into the Hibs style of play myth.

Anyone who posts regularly on, or looks at their rival's, single team forum is definitely up there as well. 

6 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Which P&B fanbase has the biggest yer da element ?

If there was a league table based on yer das per capita, I'd fancy Accies for a comfortable finish in the top flight 🇦🇹

But knocked out of the Cup after a lacklustre display against Annan 😆