I’m i the only one........

.... still on furlough. Are any fellow P&Bers still picking up a wage via the government retention scheme, I seem to be the only person I know still off. The guys I work for are quite happy to keep me off until the end of October and have assured me that I will be back working when the scheme stops.

Anyone else?

My work furloughed a department where guys on bigger wages are and downskilled my department in doing so (taking my labourers to do their labouring). We were apologised to, told we would be rewarded for helping out but we couldn't get furlough as they need us to finish the jobs so they get paid. 

Just been informed 30 minutes ago we are getting nothing. No monetary reimbursement, no wage rise. No extra holidays. "There is no money available". 

I've already been on the phone to HSE about their blatant disregard of the employee safety through roofs falling in, ducting falling down and the building not being watertight. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

2 hours ago, killiepiemuncher said:

.... still on furlough. Are any fellow P&Bers still picking up a wage via the government retention scheme, I seem to be the only person I know still off. The guys I work for are quite happy to keep me off until the end of October and have assured me that I will be back working when the scheme stops.

Anyone else?

Yes, I'm still Andrea Pirlo'd.

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Everyone gangster until they're asked to do something unsafe themselves.
Any h&s concerns down tools. Damn right.

It's been on the cards a while. There was a grievance earlier in the year (I posted it on here) a guy phoned HSE, was pulled up with "you'll get this workplace shut down!", he then called the manager allsorts and was eventually fired after a 5 week suspension. HSE phoned the work who said it was just a disgruntled ex employee and it all went quiet. 

That employee then lost an appeal but won a claim against the company. 

That's all neither here nor there, if you fail to pay folk for their help then you'll most certainly be paying through the nose to make it a safe working environment. 

45 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

It's been on the cards a while. There was a grievance earlier in the year (I posted it on here) a guy phoned HSE, was pulled up with "you'll get this workplace shut down!", he then called the manager allsorts and was eventually fired after a 5 week suspension. HSE phoned the work who said it was just a disgruntled ex employee and it all went quiet. 

That employee then lost an appeal but won a claim against the company. 

That's all neither here nor there, if you fail to pay folk for their help then you'll most certainly be paying through the nose to make it a safe working environment. 

Sounds dodgy, my health and safety officer runs at the slightest trouble and waffles shite about how it’s not his job. 
Qualified sparky but gets folk in to change lightbulbs ffs. Meanwhile we have to go up and down ladders sometimes to move things around. That’s fine though. When we all got furloughed the managers sorted out social distancing themselves as they knew he’d be as much use as a chocolate teapot. It’s mental, probably on twice my wage.

10 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Sounds dodgy, my health and safety officer runs at the slightest trouble and waffles shite about how it’s not his job. 

My H&S is a great guy he just never gets to do his job as he's too busy visiting customers who have QC complaints. The QC would do that but.. he got sacked about 6 years ago when the old owner was pished one night and hasn't ever been replaced. The guys who finish the jobs (us) have to do QC checks and have the decisive action of 1) passing the dodgy work and hope it goes through the customers clearance or 2) dobbing yourself in and getting a warning. 

I've kind of taken over this thread now so I'll leave it here. Will update elsewhere when thi gs move on. 

5 hours ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Anyone else?

Maybe when you called in and said, "When I'm I due to start back?", they thought you'd had a stroke and extended your time off.